Worldwide Transmission in NYC, Sunday, August 7

Mr. G

Worldwide Transmission in NYC, Sunday, August 7

Post by Mr. G »

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu will offer a Dzogchen Empowerment and Transmission on Sunday, August 7 at 11pm, New York time. This is the Anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava, at the hour of 8am, August 8 in Oddyana.

In New York on Sunday, August 7, we will explain the practice from 9-10:30pm, in advance of Rinpoche's 11pm transmission via webcast. This will be a direct introduction to the nature of mind and the non-dual state of instant presence.

Please join us at our NY practice space, Kundrolling, at 151 West 30th Street, near 7th Avenue.

***Worldwide Transmission with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu***
Sunday, August 7, 11pm (New York time)
Explanation of the empowerment: August 7, 8:30 - 10:30pm

About the World Wide Transmission
From the International Gakyil:

Newcomers who want to participate at this transmission should be seriously interested in the teachings that are transmitted by our teacher Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and practiced in the worldwide Dzogchen Community. New participants at this World Wide Transmission should try to receive teachings from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu in the future.

After having received this transmission, they should also try to train and collaborate with the sangha of the International Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.

Originally Rinpoche had this idea of a "Transmission at a Distance" because he wanted to help people in difficult situations who could not travel at that time to meet the Teacher. This transmission will enable them to practice the Dzogchen teachings transmitted by him without being in his direct physical presence.

In order to learn the appropriate mantras, mudras, and melodies correctly, it is best to hear an explanation from a knowledgeable student of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu in advance of the event.

People can also access the August 7 Worldwide Transmission webcast at home by logging on at <http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/>. We recommend you explore this site in advance to be sure everything is working properly, and you should also log in at least 20 minutes in advance of the 11pm broadcast, since band-width is sometimes a problem.

It is best if you attend an explanation of the practice in advance of the transmission, and at least read Rinpoche's brief explanation in the practice book. A book is essential, since this is a 20 minute group practice that we do simultaneously with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu that includes several visualizations and mantras.

You can get a practice book at Kundrolling on the night of August 7. We will be explaining the practice and going through it once as a group, immediately before the empowerment.

Otherwise, you can order a practice book online from the Shang Shung Institute, but it may not arrive before August 7, and current supplies may be limited. This is a restricted text that is available only to those with sincere intent and interest in the teachings of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... ucts_id=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We send all our best wishes, and look forward to seeing you at Kundrolling !

The New York Dzogchen Community
Kundrolling
151 West 30th Street, near 7th avenue
New York City

http://www.nydzogchen.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[email protected]

For further information about the International Dzogchen Community, please visit:

http://www.dzogchen.it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tsegyalgar.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://shangshung.org/store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/kundrolling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Worldwide Transmission in NYC, Sunday, August 7

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Gordo, thanks so much for posting this, I had no idea!

Is there anyone that could scan & email me the relevant pages from the worldwide transmission booklet??! I will definitely purchase my own copy asap, but of course I'll need one in the meantime for Sunday. I would be eternally grateful!

PS: also, is the explanation and practice run also gonna be transmitted via webcast, or only there in person?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pemako

Post by Pemako »

I'm so confused.

I joined Dzogchen Community about a month and a half ago, but it's been impossible to get a logon ID. I was told this transmission is open - does that mean at the time of the broadcast there won't be a log in page? Anything else I need to worry about?

Thanks!
Dorje63

Post by Dorje63 »

Good question, Pemako. My wife and I would like to hear this transmission and are not yet members, so have no login ID.

Thanks very much indeed,
Dorje
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pemako wrote:I'm so confused.

I joined Dzogchen Community about a month and a half ago, but it's been impossible to get a logon ID. I was told this transmission is open - does that mean at the time of the broadcast there won't be a log in page? Anything else I need to worry about?

Thanks!

At time of WW transmission there will not be a log in the webcast page.

N
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Is there any added benefit of attending the WW webcast with
the group vs. at home on the computer? (assuming one doesn't need
the explanation)-- for instance, will the feed at the center be
higher bandwidth, less buggy, on a large screen, surround sound? All or any of the above?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Adamantine wrote:Is there any added benefit of attending the WW webcast with
the group vs. at home on the computer? (assuming one doesn't need
the explanation)-- for instance, will the feed at the center be
higher bandwidth, less buggy, on a large screen, surround sound? All or any of the above?
no idea
Dorje63

Post by Dorje63 »

Thank you, Namdrol-La.
Pemako

Post by Pemako »

Yes, thank you so much!

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”