'dze bo?

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Jinzang

'dze bo?

Post by Jinzang »

Does anyone know the translation of 'dze bo? Not in my dictionary. The complete sentence is:

'dod med 'dze bo lta bur bzhag/
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
Malcolm

Re: 'dze bo?

Post by Malcolm »

Jinzang wrote:Does anyone know the translation of 'dze bo? Not in my dictionary. The complete sentence is:

'dod med 'dze bo lta bur bzhag/
What text is this? Seems like a misspelling to me.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

It's a collection of inspiring quotes hand written in a notebook by Lama Phurbu Tashi. So, yes, it could be a transcription error, though there have only been a one or two errors so far, missing vowel signs. The quote is from Lama Zhang, a series of analogies on how to meditate.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jinzang wrote:It's a collection of inspiring quotes hand written in a notebook by Lama Phurbu Tashi. So, yes, it could be a transcription error, though there have only been a one or two errors so far, missing vowel signs. The quote is from Lama Zhang, a series of analogies on how to meditate.

You need to find the original.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

Through the help of Google, I found the term on this Tibetan blog. The context is not strong enough to suggest what the term means, but I do get the idea that it is some sort of typical suffering.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

You need to find the original.
Or ask Lama Phurbu Tashi, but he's in Tibet right now.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jinzang wrote:Through the help of Google, I found the term on this Tibetan blog. The context is not strong enough to suggest what the term means, but I do get the idea that it is some sort of typical suffering.

I also saw this.

Return to “Language”