YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Extra-Canonical Theravada Texts - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

Extra-Canonical Theravada Texts

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
pt1

Re: Extra-Canonical Theravada Texts

Postby pt1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:29 am

Thanks for pointing out my mistake retro. I guess a better way to put it would have been to say that all things are impermanent, sasana included. Whether one sees a particular action as restoration/destruction of the sasana - that's down to speculative views, and there's little point arguing these, which is why I felt links to the mentioned works might be a little more useful than arguing.

Best wishes

BlackBird

Postby BlackBird » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 am

"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." -

Paññāsikhara

Postby Paññāsikhara » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:23 pm

My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: .

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”