Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

florin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by florin »

Thanx Daelm for clearing that up...

I wasnt sure what this WWT consists of or whether it is similar to the GY presented in the thun booklet .

But does RInpoche ever give pointing out instructions or direct introductions to rigpa as part of a webcast?
Or is it done mainly in person ,face to face?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote: But does RInpoche ever give pointing out instructions or direct introductions to rigpa as part of a webcast?
Always.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

simhanada wrote:
Sönam wrote:
simhanada wrote:
The WWT is open, the Garuda Retreat is closed
I must be completely stupid ... WWT means world wide transmission ? and it says closed webcast ? what did I missed ?

Sönam
haha, I'm not sure what you missed :) The times you posted are for the Garuda retreat, which is a closed webcast.

The World Wide Transmission (WWT) is an Open webcast(as far as I know. It is not mentioned on the webcast homepage yet) which will happen at around 5am in Italy and is not mentioned on the retreat schedule.
Why do you know that ... and I don't ?

:thinking:
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
florin

Post by florin »

In his last webcast rinpoche gave some teachings related to Chenrezig about the essence of all the teachings..sutra ,tantra ,dzogchen .General advice about practice in general ...but i dont remember any intructions about looking at the mind or how to discover rigpa...

In my experience pointing out instructions are very specific,personal and direct.The teachers encourages you to look -there and then and not at some moment in the future -at what he is telling you to look at and to give him answers..And it continues in this way ,interactively by way of using questions and answers.

But there was nothing like that in any of rinpoches webcasts i took part in.

I either have a very narrow understanding of what pointing out means or i dont understand what rinpoche is saying or the instructions are veiled,or dont have a connection with him,or i should give up on him,or i shouldn't bother anymore or.........
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:
I either have a very narrow understanding of what pointing out means...
Yes. You think that sems tri is the only way to communicate the knowledge of Dzogchen. This is not true. Sems tri is a later system borrowed from Kagyu.
florin

Post by florin »

Namdrol wrote:
alpha wrote:
I either have a very narrow understanding of what pointing out means...
Yes. You think that sems tri is the only way to communicate the knowledge of Dzogchen. This is not true. Sems tri is a later system borrowed from Kagyu.

Obviously...that's how i started .With Kagyu and the instructions were very structured.
So what else apart from mind instructions does rinpoche uses?

Would it be accurate to say that WHATEVER he says is actually pointing out?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:
Whenever Rinpoche is talking about Dzogchen, he is giving direct introduction.

N
Josef

Post by Josef »

alpha wrote:
I would add that whatever he does is introduction.
In my opinion Rinpoche is a living, breathing example of the base, path, and result etc.
His actions of body, speech, and mind are all what we would call pointing out or introduction.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
booker

Post by booker »

So look out closely for His loud farts!

(don't hate me, just joking, couldn't resist :D)
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"
Josef

Post by Josef »

booker wrote:So look out closely for His loud farts!

(don't hate me, just joking, couldn't resist :D)
I wonder if a Buddha's farts startle beings from their samsaric slumber?
There should be a sutra on that.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
florin

Post by florin »

Nangwa wrote:
alpha wrote:
I would add that whatever he does is introduction.
In my opinion Rinpoche is a living, breathing example of the base, path, and result etc.
His actions of body, speech, and mind are all what we would call pointing out or introduction.
Excellent.

That explains something unexplainable.
Because something happened during one of the webcasts which souldnt have happened because i thought there is no condition present for such thing to happen.But if his presence only ,can work as a condition ,than that is good enough for me.
username

Post by username »

A smiling Rinpoche being offered his usual bowl of yogurt and tasting it at the end of a webcast and looking at the camera: "Yogurt is good, we are all eating yogurt right now".
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

Clarence wrote: - Anything else I need to know or advice you can give me? I haven't heard back from them, so I don't even know if there is space. If not, I will try Barcelone.
So you know for other time, in general you need to book the dormitory a couple months in advance. There are only 20 beds or less.

Could someone please PM me a short recap of what Rinpoche was talking about today? Mainly I'm interested if he said anything more detailed about what will be in the webcast. If you can do it before the start of today's webcast, otherwise not necessary.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

anyone care to give more background about what the Dark Garuda practice is? Is this a terma of ChNN? I don't know if I will be able to take part in the webcast but would appreciate a little more info in case I can figure out a way.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Pero

Post by Pero »

Adamantine wrote:anyone care to give more background about what the Dark Garuda practice is? Is this a terma of ChNN? I don't know if I will be able to take part in the webcast but would appreciate a little more info in case I can figure out a way.
It's a terma of Changchub Dorje. The only other thing I know is that it's related to the CCD's medicine terma which Rinpoche taught sometime this year. There it was proscribed for many illnesses.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

Special form of dark blue Garuda for modern afflictions and diseases, CCD medicine terma related. Closed webcast. Thanka of the special Garuda painted and a copy should be on the restricted files web page soon. Apart from no webcast of initiation empowerment ceremony or obvious reasons on the 7th, apparently nothing on 10th & 11th either when tri-lungs are explained. Rinpoche said since it's not his own terma, he can not take the liberty of doing a brief jenang version either.
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?Regi ... &year=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

username wrote:Special form of dark blue Garuda for modern afflictions and diseases, CCD medicine terma related. Closed webcast. Thanka of the special Garuda painted and a copy should be on the restricted files web page soon. Apart from no webcast of initiation empowerment ceremony or obvious reasons on the 7th, apparently nothing on 10th & 11th either when tri-lungs are explained. Rinpoche said since it's not his own terma, he can not take the liberty of doing a brief jenang version either.
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/?Regi ... &year=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uhm, so what are the other days of the webcast going to be about? What is a brief jenang version?
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

all these, Garuda & Mandarava long life etc. also function primarily for complete enlightenment within anu version of ati, so that's the main point explained other days and last day is usual lungs and daily advice. Jenang is just brief essential version of an empowerment.
Pero

Post by Pero »

username wrote:all these, Garuda & Mandarava long life etc. also function primarily for complete enlightenment within anu version of ati, so that's the main point explained other days and last day is usual lungs and daily advice.

He's going to be explaining the other practices during the closed webcast?
Jenang is just brief essential version of an empowerment.
Has Rinpoche ever given it before? If you could provide an example... Because I don't remember him ever saying he's giving a jenang but it's very possible I just didn't hear it.
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

No, just focusing on dark garuda as related to ati. On jenang there is brief versions and there are also certain types where getting one gives the key to a whole class as specified by the guru AFAIK. Namdrol can explain better, I think Kunzang Dechen Lingpa used to give those jenangs.

Return to “Dzogchen”