Hi all from LauraJ / Ngawang Drolma

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Hi all from LauraJ / Ngawang Drolma

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Dear Forum,

I have been using the name LauraJ here in an effort to just be myself at this forum. And Laura is my non-dharma name.

But we have new members trickling in from well-known forums, and at all of them I'm known as Ngawang Drolma.

To minimize confusion I'm using my Internet screename again (Ngawang Drolma). I sincerely apologize for any confusion. Hopefully people will recognize me more easily this way. If this causes confusion please don't hesitate to say so.

Best wishes to all,
Laura

ps. Please feel free to call me Laura if that's more comfortable :)
ronnewmexico

Re: Hi all from LauraJ / Ngawang Drolma

Post by ronnewmexico »

(joking)

Please don't appologize for any confusion.

like one Bodhistavva I have heard of I think your head will literally explode.

There is a lot of confusion out there.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:thumbsup:

Great username!
Luke

Post by Luke »

ronnewmexico wrote:(joking)
Please don't appologize for any confusion.

like one Bodhistavva I have heard of I think your head will literally explode.
If you are referring to Chenrezig, his head did not explode because he was confused; it exploded because he temporarily thought his mission of trying to enlighten all sentient beings was hopeless and this caused him to break the vow he had sworn to Amitabha. Chenrezig felt great sadness when he fully realized the immensity of the suffering of all sentient beings.

Chenrezig was a bodhisattva who made a vow to Amitabha (Tib.Opagme) to take responsibility for the enlightenment of all beings. He vowed that if he failed, his head would burst into 1,000 pieces. Then, upon observing and realizing the terrible state and motivations of sentient beings, he became sad. He relinquished his vow when he realized the magnitude and impossibility of the task. Thereupon, his head exploded. Amitabha, seeing this, came down and collected the pieces and asked him to repeat his vow. Then Chenrezig was given 1,000 eyes and hands and 10 faces (one for each direction) to enable him to manage the task. Amitabha then crowned the top of his head, making 11 faces in all.
http://www.potalapainters.com/ppstatues.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

David N. Snyder wrote::thumbsup:

Great username!
David you are quite the patient one :D
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Yes LJ

I know the story.

My attempt at humor has your head exploding when you are similiarily confronted with the enormity of the confusion out there, and likewise doubt your vows of Bodhisttava intent.
It is but a joke. You inferred, all the confusion, in your initial post, or at least it can be read that way. Of course your are responsible not for all the confusion out there, but only the confusion quite minimally related to your change of user name.

It was a joke.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

ronnewmexico wrote:Yes LJ

I know the story.

My attempt at humor has your head exploding when you are similiarily confronted with the enormity of the confusion out there, and likewise doubt your vows of Bodhisttava intent.
It is but a joke. You inferred, all the confusion, in your initial post, or at least it can be read that way. Of course your are responsible not for all the confusion out there, but only the confusion quite minimally related to your change of user name.

It was a joke.
I caught the joke! It was funny :D

Best,
Laura

Return to “Introductions”