Question about dharmaprotectress Achi Chokyi Drolma

adinatha

Re: Question about dharmaprotectress Achi Chokyi Drolma

Post by adinatha »

mad 3gem jewel wrote:I heard that there were buku drikung practitioners spread out in retreat a 1000 years ago!
Most likely that if Achi appeals to you now she appealed to you back then in a past life and were drikung.

Maybe the clinging of loyalty to a specific other lineage has made one able to resist her.

I understand what you say Adinatha but I still think her nirmanakaya was a human-like alien form. Her blue water horse was probably really a ship with all the smoke and fire.
She did not die and turn into a rainbow body,
she just left a sadhana and a promise and flew off!
How many other masters did this? :rolleye:
Only other I know of is Padmasambhava doing same kind of thing.
Even Nagarjuna died eventually.
Achi's parents were barren and prayed for a very long time and aliens are well known telepathics.
But yeah I am still looking for more personal proof one way or the other.
And will never get it from the Tibetan myths.
No writings direct from Padmasambhava. All we know written attributed to him is from tertons!!!
I need some working faith and it usually does not come from samsaric tulku tertons hahahaha!
But I digress as usual.
You are entitled to believe that Achi was conceived by the power of little grey men. Just to pull the rug of New Age hogwash out from under your feet, if you are really a Buddhist, then you know that aliens are not Buddhas. Buddhas are not subject to physical limitations. So they don't need a ship. But hey all I can tell you is oibel gorbel fordel shmibbel blip. That is in the tongue of my home planet. If you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you, perhaps you could consult a medium or a hypnotherapist who can put into contact with Edgar Cayce. I believe there is a nice instruction on line somewhere to contact the shadow man by turning the lights off in the bathroom staring in the mirror and shouting "bloody Mary" seven times. I'm confident he will translate this and you will learn the time and place for the ascension into the mothership. See you on the Pleides my alien space brother!
CAW!
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Namdrol wrote:
adinatha wrote:
Namdrol wrote: Achi is very Drigung specific. If you are not a dyed in the wool Drigiungpa, there is little need to practice Achi.

N
If you are not a dyed in the wool buddhist, there's little need to practice dharma. If you are not a dyed in the wool dzogchenpa, there's little need to practice dzogchen. If someone feels a connection to a practice, there's little need to discourage it.

It's a littel more sensative with dharmapalas.

N
Achi is also practice as a deity, peaceful form of Vajrayogini.
CAW!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

adinatha wrote:
Yes, if you have received that transmission. But more commonly it is given as a dharmapala.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

:alien:
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Namdrol wrote:
adinatha wrote:
Yes, if you have received that transmission. But more commonly it is given as a dharmapala.
These days I think mostly everyone gets the brief sadhana that has both.
CAW!
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

You are rich funny Adinatha but I am not trying to be funny.
Edgar Cayce was probably the best medium of modern times because his mind could be put to rest at will in an instant due to a medical condition. Gray men are just deep-space bio-robot suits of one type of alien. You can make fun of me and call me newagey but it does not change my view.
You obviously have a strong aversion to folk-tales not absorbed by Tibetan Buddhism......... yet.
Hahahahahahaha!
Tulkus will probably be called "indigo children" or some other rubbish by little gray monks especially if Karmapa moves to usa and Tibetan Buddhism becomes mainstream and not viewed as it is now a silly little cult led by dolly and spitting llamas.

Someone will probably squeeze all the religion out of it like western world tried to do to yoga.

:crazy:
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Why mix everything up like this to make dharma salad?

Buddhas and Bodhisattvas will do do what they need to to benefit beings. I'll concede that may mean showing up in spaceships if that is the means to tame a group of beings.

However we don't need to make new-age dharma salad outta this stuff either. If someone is practising a lineage, keeping it the way its been working is key.

Making dharma salad can be very harmful if done incorrectly.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

I dunno gnegirl why don't you ask the buddhist authorities why they do dharma salad? I am just a silly person with silly facts. I think they would say it helps to familiarize sentient beings with buddhism that would not have opportunity otherwise:
http://www.feelguide.com/2011/01/17/bud ... nu-reeves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:heart:
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

mad 3gem jewel wrote:I dunno gnegirl why don't you ask the buddhist authorities why they do dharma salad? I am just a silly person with silly facts. I think they would say it helps to familiarize sentient beings with buddhism that would not have opportunity otherwise:
http://www.feelguide.com/2011/01/17/bud ... nu-reeves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:heart:
if an enlightened master mixes things up for the benefit of a student, that is one thing.

Just choosing to mix things up because one thinks its all neat-o and cool is just fraking dangerous.

mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

Dharma is salad

gnegirl it is funny you say because to me I intuitively think the designer of temple in Thailand just thought it was neato and cool! But maybe the architect is an enlightened master I do not know. Keannu played buddha in a movie. Dalai lama said computers could become sentient. I want to do Transformers optimus prime sadhana! Cool - neato! Spiderman sadhana! Cool - neato! I am waiting for buddhists to finally call plants sentient for SwampThing sadhana!!! Cool - neato!

Dharma is everything and in perfect Vajrayana anything and everything is skillfully utilized as a tool for enlightenment.
Go Milarepa emanation of no one!
:cheers:
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Mad 3gem whatever, It's people like you that remind me why the internet is basically garbage.
CAW!
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

Vast mind Adinatha. Wisdom, Compassion, Skillful means.
Be sweet like Achi!
Sorry to piss you off but it was easy you have no patience I will leave now.
:namaste:
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

We can speculate on this thing to our hearts content I suppose...

but Achi sweet......I don't think so.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

mad 3gem jewel wrote:Vast mind Adinatha. Wisdom, Compassion, Skillful means.
Be sweet like Achi!
Sorry to piss you off but it was easy you have no patience I will leave now.
:namaste:
Who pissed of whom again?? its somewhat easy to project into an interweb forum things that may not be there.

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

If a person is realized, then what They say and do is a product of wisdom (prajna) and its associated skillful means (upaya). If not, then what they think and say is just erroneous conceptual thought, with some thought being even more erroneous than other, i.e., valid cognition as compared to invalid cognition. That is why those of us followers of the Dharma who are not realized try not to spin our mental wheels making up all sorts of new theories. As gnegirl has said, the Dharma is a path. In other words, it is not a metaphysics, a body of theory for its own sake. It is merely a body of theory meant to change a follower's behavior in order to achieve a certain result. This is why a contemporary Vajrayanist can use modern "scientific" cosmology (a round planet spinning in space) for certain purposes and traditional Indic cosmology (Mt. Meru & its four continents) for other purposes. Neither invalidates the other since each have their own associated uses and practicality. More importantly, since there is ample evidence that the traditional Vajrayana theory works as advertised when traditionally applied, that is really all one needs to know. Since even this theory is merely a skillful means, it too is only provisional -- a finger pointing at the moon, not the moon itself.

If a person can demonstrate that their theory achieves just as good practical results (i.e., demonstrable realization) over the course of several generations, than that theory is useful. If not, it is just so much useless thought. Personally, I don't see how belief that Achi Drolma is an alien leads to realization, let alone quicker realization. (I'd be happy to hear the rationale for that if that is your assertion.) Nevertheless, seems to me, saying Achi Drolma is "really" an alien misses the whole point of the Buddhadharma since Achi Drolma is not really any "thing" at all.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

I think we can reasonably assume anyone characterizing Achi Chokyi as sweet, is not that all familiar with AChi as a practitioner would be.
So I suppose anyone could conjecture such things of aliens and spaceships and other things but that is not within the context of a spiritual practice.
As I may speculate how many angels can fit on the head of a pin....Idly speculating not being a believer in angels...on a summer day I may do such a thing if I have not much to do.

Perhaps as buddhist perhaps, but I reasonably assume on this basis, this is not a practitioner of Achi Chokyi Drolma.

So I suspect the clarification on this contention has been provided.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

Okay back could not resist.
And I thought I was really bad at assuming things, haha you folks win!
I said that I was just a silly person with some silly facts. I did not say they were true facts they could be relative or coincidence or purely bogus. My facts are mostly bookish as is all of yours probably. I ask questions sometimes often they are dumb but you would not believe the perfect answers that I sometimes get trying to speak to folks that may have an unprinted experience or wisdom that may help me on the path that is maybe same steps but still unique for all.

Ronnewmexico
Yes she is sweet. Everything about her is sweet. She is peaceful/semi-wrathful/wrathful. You can conjecture silly imaginings just like me but it does not make it any better that you are doing it.

I agree Pema Chophel indeed that you must be a nihilist if what you say is what you really believe. And your language is not clever it is just as silly as mine.

Gnegirl my large samsaric side of likes/dislikes is very partial to you even if you are maybe extremely ignorant or just playing coy your natural spontaneity is very Saraha not premeditated and riddled with silly judgements like the others building thrones for themselves. So I will share a bit with you. I am not paranoid person making believe hostility from Adinatha. I am used to being laughed at mentioning aliens a time or two. I mentioned the oracles of H.H. to show him that ridiculousness to hypocrites is home. Edgar Cayce boomerang there.

I got Achi wang and lung in 2006 from drupon Thinley rinpoche. It did not come with any heavy commitments like most other yidams. I was just told by him to be more mindful which I try but fail still often. I am sorry if I mention a lot of confusing thoughts at once it is a shortcoming of mine but with good intentions.

Adinatha I can tell that you are suffering the most...... you really should not have aversion to anything except ignorance. Sometimes you can learn from even garbage that is why I am here on internet anyway haha!

I hope all of you always have good relationship with dharma. I was starting to feel like a stranger so I came here. Just made me feel more like one hahaha! Sorry to disturb. Peace :heart:
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

Pema - I reread what you said and I may have made a mistake in judging you so harshly (not unusual)
the master may be always right but an ignorant person like me is not always always wrong! Hahaha!
Concepts have a cause and it is not all mahamaya gibberish!
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Mjj.....My and your imaginings are certainly equal..I however usually put mine in the creative writing section or qualify it from the getgo.

Achi Chokyi Drolma.....sweet if you want to classify that as a imagining...... OK I can see that.
The alien thing and all that, really how does it matter how you envision any thing.
I'd guess not at all. If it entertains you and inspires you to practice I'd say that's a good thing for you.
YOu want others to entertain your envisionings....well they may or may not.
I don't in this specific. Neither sweet nor alien. Other you may entertain perhaps I may as well. I have a active impagination and can envision all sorts of things.

That of course means nothing about what I think of you. I think you are probably just fine, but don't really know you.
YOu say you have qualification for these statements, you are empowered in these things to say these things.....then I guess you do.

Matters not a whit to me I'd guess. Free world free forum say what you want.
mad 3gem jewel

Post by mad 3gem jewel »

I did not mean to insult everyone haha, it is accident mostly that I am very insulting.
I will just say I had an experience/s that could well have been mahamaya gibberish that inclined me to think alien theory.
You know these careless Tibetans empower any old fool here in America with hardly any explanation or translation to know anything that was said or done and so the imagination soars like crazy when the Tibetan hops on the plane and is gone.
It seems to be on purpose for this degenerate age of kali yuga.
They tell everyone here in west that they are reincarnated Tibetans and should have no problem with connection with authentic lineage lama guru. But most hardly speak/understand english and live far away. I am not terribly the smartest person as you can tell and I often struggle with just my native english.

Maybe my sweet is different from your sweet, words have different meanings in different minds due to different experiences. I felt very much a connection to Achi if not to much anything else. My refuge name from rinpoche was inspired partly from a thangka with Achi on it.
Other than that just a shorted confused silly person wanting to learn more about her. I know she has several untranslated dice divination sadhanas and many other things that it seems Tibetans do not think is important for us to know anything about.
I suppose they like her hagiography for us short and sweet.
I know many things about her will probably never be published and secret except for such like elite monastics.
I am very outclassed but I will still try. :D

Return to “Kagyu”