Please pray for me

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
AlexanderS

Please pray for me

Post by AlexanderS »

The last 6 years and the last 3 years especially has been a living hell for me. I've been very afflicted with chronic illness and severe chronic depression. I don't consider myself a dharma practioner, because I've never been able to start a proper practice and progress. I burden myself and I feel that I also burden my family. In august I'm going down to south germany to parcipate in a Phowa course. Please pray that I succesfully complete phowa, learn it and master it since I consider that being reborn in pure land dewachen is the only way I feel that I'll ever be able to be free of the sufferings of samsara.

So please pray for my health and happiness and that I'll will be able to learn and master this profound practice of Phowa.

Kindly regards Alex
booker

Re: Please pray for me

Post by booker »

May you acomplish this Alexander.

:anjali:
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum.
Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum.

It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Alexander,

Good luck on your phowa retreat. I sincerely hope you accomplish this practice to your heart's desire. Please also keep in mind all suffering sentient beings. It is very, very important to shape your Bodhisattvic motivation before engaging in any practice.

Best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

Hi all, I completed the Phowa course.

Thanks so much for the prayers :)
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Feeling better?
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

I wouldn't say I feel better as the conditions for my misery is still present. But I'm happy I made the effort and I had a quite exotic experience which I don't have anyone to share with since I don't have a teacher.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May AlexanderS be well, happy, prosperous and peaceful. May he always be kind, generous and helpful. May all his difficulties be cleared. May the blessings of all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas rain down. May he accomplish the path of phowa. In the future may he be able to bring prosperity and liberation to all beings.

OM MANI PEDME HUNG
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM AH RA PA TSA NA DHI
THADYATHA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM AMI DEWA HRIH
OM RATNASAMBHAVA SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
MarkBurns

Post by MarkBurns »

I'm really sorry to hear about about how life has made you feel. I hope things get better for you soon? It's not easy.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

AlexanderS wrote:I wouldn't say I feel better as the conditions for my misery is still present. But I'm happy I made the effort and I had a quite exotic experience which I don't have anyone to share with since I don't have a teacher.
Keep practicing. May your experiences continue and get stronger and stronger. Keep remembering the conditions for your misery are only temporary. I know it's terrible, but keep practicing please. Attain the pure land and help all of us still suffering here! I'm really glad to read that you made the effort and have some amount of satisfaction for doing so. You may not yet have the close relationship with a teacher than you desire, but consider that you are now connected with a lineage, through whoever taught the phowa course - that teacher and all the teachers who taught them, all the way to Buddha. Keep going, with practice the right teacher relationship is bound to come to you. Peace and love. Om Amidewa Hri.
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

Thank you very much your reply. Yes despite everything I feel very gratefull to have made a connection to the linage and received such a profound teaching.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”