Muslim great compassion..

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Muslim great compassion..

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Muslims and compassion. Much has been spoken recently about Muslims and compassion many words bandied about, this and that great debates words flung everywhere.

Here is a link to a person shot in face by attempted murder by white supremicist in Texas following 9/11 on the basis of religious belief. Others were successfully murdered.
Here is the brief story of this man shot in face, eye now askew, who works, as the koran and muslim faith teach him....to stop the execution of the person who shot him and killed others.

Woring very hard is he. Execution to occur tomorrow.
The compassionate person is RAis Bhulyan, he to be executed Mark Stroman. I'm surprised there are any articles about it... pleasently surprised.

....http://www.examiner.com/social-issues-in-dallas/a-world-without-hate

I claimed victory in that war of words of sorts that did occur...I again claim victory. Islam may be as peaceful and producing of compassionate action as any other of the worlds main religions. The question is in how you look for it, and how you find it.
Victory is proven in action.
REad it and weep naysayers....read it and weep.
Compassion reigns supreme always may it reign...

A partial quote from the article....."Rais Bhulyan has been working ever since his recovery to spare the life of Mark Stroman. This Muslim man believes that Islam does not condone the taking of life. Also, Rais's parents taught him that forgiveness trumps anger"
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: Muslim great compassion..

Postby Starglade » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

ronnewmexico wrote:<snippage>

A partial quote from the article....."Rais Bhulyan has been working ever since his recovery to spare the life of Mark Stroman. This Muslim man believes that Islam does not condone the taking of life. Also, Rais's parents taught him that forgiveness trumps anger"

I can't claim to know anything about Islam, not having studied it at all and having read only a little of the Q'uran (I do own a copy), but Sunday afternoon HHDL stated that if a Muslim kills another person, s/he is no longer truly a Muslim, according to their holy book. That would seem to match with this man's understanding that it "does not condone the taking of life"--and further point up the disparity between what their religion actually teaches, and what men have done to that teaching over the centuries (much as has happened with many of the major world religions, from my understanding).
Starglade

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Exactly, HHDL as usual is right on point.

Many hundreds of years ago in China occured incidents some have called the Maitreya wars. Those claiming to be future buddhas, Maitreaya's, in various forms and presentations arose with also the consequence of thousands upon thousands dying in war due to attempts by those so thinking to fulfill claims by violence.
Similiar things occured in singularity in a historical context in other places over the years.

This of course was not related in any fashion to Buddhism.
Back in the day those true believers did indeed think those things to be true and like as not that they were truly buddhist, hence their reference to the future buddha.
Were they buddhists....of course not.
Was bin laden a representative of Islam...of course not. He being a construction workers son born into wealth was no more qualified to be a islamic scholor to make the determinations of things than the garbage man who picks garbage from his fathers old estate.

But religions are used for the politic by the politically inclined.
So we should not prejudge religions to my opinion mosly knowing not their content. Knowing only what those of the politically inspired care to quote and know.
To my opinion. It is a great tragedy what is happening to that religion.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby Kyosan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks Ron for starting this thread.

For Rais Bhulyan to forgive this other man is incredible. He must be very good at avoiding anger, one of the three poisons in Buddhism. In Buddhism, Islam and other religions there are spiritual people like this who actually put the teachings into practice. I greatly respect people like this.

What is scary to me isn't what is happening to Islam but what is happening to the West. Many people are easily turned to hatred against Islam. I'm sure that the vast majority of them know little or nothing about Islam.
:namaste:
Kyosan

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 pm

There is good in Islam and bad in Islam. Maybe that should be Islams, to be more accurate. To be honest I don't think that the majority of people are really affected that much by their professed religion.

If someone can find a message of non-violence & forgiveness and stick to it like this guy, that's fantastic. People who practice what they preach are a rare breed.
This nature of mind is spontaneously present.
That spontaneity I was told is the dakini aspect.
Recognizing this should help me
Not to be stuck with fear of being sued.

-Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Paul

Return to News & Current Events