Schizophrenia

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
The Ticking Man

Schizophrenia

Post by The Ticking Man »

I have recently been reading The Crystal and the Way of Light. In the book, ChNN says that his uncle was cured of his mental illness by following practices that were prescribed by Adzom Drugpa.

Does anyone know what practices were prescribed? It is implied in the book that one of the practices was Chod.

I ask this because I have two friends that suffer from schizophrenia. One was drug induced and the other I am not sure about. Can schizophrenia be truly treated through Tibetan medicine or Tibetan practices.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Malcolm

Re: Schizophrenia

Post by Malcolm »

The Ticking Man wrote:I have recently been reading The Crystal and the Way of Light. In the book, ChNN says that his uncle was cured of his mental illness by following practices that were prescribed by Adzom Drugpa.

Does anyone know what practices were prescribed? It is implied in the book that one of the practices was Chod.

I ask this because I have two friends that suffer from schizophrenia. One was drug induced and the other I am not sure about. Can schizophrenia be truly treated through Tibetan medicine or Tibetan practices.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

That depends on the patient, how long they have been using antipsychotics and a whole host of other factors. So the correct answer is maybe.

N
The Ticking Man

Would seeing a doctor of Tibetan medicine be worthwhile? The one that might be willing to do it lives in Boulder, CO. I saw a few DTMs in that area on the internet. Can you recommend a practitioner from that area?

I think he has been taking anti-psychotics on and off for 15 years, but that is a guesstimate. I would need to ask him.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Ticking Man wrote:Would seeing a doctor of Tibetan medicine be worthwhile? The one that might be willing to do it lives in Boulder, CO. I saw a few DTMs in that area on the internet. Can you recommend a practitioner from that area?

I think he has been taking anti-psychotics on and off for 15 years, but that is a guesstimate. I would need to ask him.
Check out these two people:

http://holistic-health.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went to school with Nashalla.
The Ticking Man

Thank you.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Ticking Man wrote:Thank you.

Incidentally, my real name is Malcolm, when you talk to them.

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”