yet another of Je Rinpoche's reality checks

mudra

yet another of Je Rinpoche's reality checks

Post by mudra »

This passage from the Lam Rim Chen Mo (vol 2, chapter on Joyous Perseverance) haunts me:
Je Tsongkhapa: "....some people may think knowledge is most important for practicing the teaching and make knowledge alone crucial. When they inquire into the teachings, they dispel by means of study the confusion of ignorance, but meanwhile - because they were not cautious about the other afflictions - their mindstream is utterly ruined by the stain of wrong behavior. Other people may think that disciplining the mind is much more important than knowledge and thus emphasize meditation. Casting away caution about the enemy, confusion, they neither study nor learn the teachings, so they become greatly confused about engaging in what is to be adopted and rejecting what is to be cast aside under the rules of the vows they have taken and are thus continually overcome by infractions"
Caz

Re: yet another of Je Rinpoche's reality checks

Post by Caz »

Manjushri Je Rinpoche never fails to amaze me. :buddha1:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
emptydreams

Post by emptydreams »

Je Rinpoche's emphasis on taking the teachings as a whole is really following the exact same path as what Atisha taught. But thanks for sharing as it is something i must always keep in mind as well!
mudra

Post by mudra »

Jamkar wrote:Je Rinpoche's emphasis on taking the teachings as a whole is really following the exact same path as what Atisha taught. But thanks for sharing as it is something i must always keep in mind as well!
And Jowo Atisha, the Buddha and the lineage before him...
How fortunate we are!
emptydreams

Post by emptydreams »

mudra wrote:
Jamkar wrote:Je Rinpoche's emphasis on taking the teachings as a whole is really following the exact same path as what Atisha taught. But thanks for sharing as it is something i must always keep in mind as well!
How fortunate we are!
Yes! It is extremely rare to have met with Je Rinpoche's teachings. In the Lamrim text, its said that a man made prayers to the Panchen Lama that he would be buddhist in his next life. The Panchen Lama said this will happen. When he made prayers to be Gelug again, the Panchen Lama said this will not happen. Therefore i want to put in full effort to put the teachings and training from this lineage.

We as Gelugs should really realize that it is not easy to encounter Je Rinpoche's teachings.
Caz

Post by Caz »

Jamkar wrote:
mudra wrote:
How fortunate we are!
Yes! It is extremely rare to have met with Je Rinpoche's teachings. In the Lamrim text, its said that a man made prayers to the Panchen Lama that he would be buddhist in his next life. The Panchen Lama said this will happen. When he made prayers to be Gelug again, the Panchen Lama said this will not happen. Therefore i want to put in full effort to put the teachings and training from this lineage.

We as Gelugs should really realize that it is not easy to encounter Je Rinpoche's teachings.[/quote

Very true Jamkar Je Rinpoches teachings are very profound the Gaden ear whispered lineage is worth practising and worth preserving for future generations, It will be nice afer this life has done for our heart practise to guide our mind on the thread of clouds straight to Tushita heaven and recieve direct instruction from the great master himself. :namaste:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
kerby

Post by kerby »

We are very fortunate, indeed.Thank you for the posts. :smile:
In the land encircled by snow mountains
You are the source of all happiness and good;
All powerful Chenrezig, Tenzin Gyatso,
Please remain until samsara ends.

Return to “Gelug”