Blue Buddhist in the Centre of the Universe

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Kalagni

Blue Buddhist in the Centre of the Universe

Post by Kalagni »

Hi everyone,

Not sure what to say here, wasn't really guidelines and people said (or didn't) say all sorts of things in their intros.

I live in Toronto (known to the snarky as the Centre of the Universe) and I love it. I've been studying Vajrayana for just under a decade now, though I only began attending sessions with a Lama about four years ago. Over the last year I've gotten into chöd, which is actually how I found this site, I was googling a reference on something and it came up with this board. I hope to learn and share a lot.

I hike a lot, living on the Bluffs section of Toronto. I'm attending University for two degrees. I'm a horrible geek and read incessantly.

~Kalagni
When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
ronnewmexico

Re: Blue Buddhist in the Centre of the Universe

Post by ronnewmexico »

Pleased to meet you.

I also enjoy hikeing or backpacking in forest and wilderness.
I read mainly just spiritual things nowadays, for recreational endeavor and practice .
When I was just a kid I met my first(and really only) what used to be called a nymphomaniac in Toronto.
At a hostel where she went to pick up young boys.
I went out with her and was I'm relatively certain the only person who ever did so without a smattering of sex of any sort. On my part...she went into a pizza places bathroom and I think masterbated a bit until the owner kicker her out..her being a regular in that place, of sorts.
I lent her my sweater..she liked that a lot and imagined how it was years and years ago when she was but a child, and things were simple and straight.
It was so sad.

YOur post reminded me of that.
Welcome to you.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Kalagni

Post by Kalagni »

You definitely win the prize for the most unexpected intro response I've ever received on a forum ever.

Toronto is just filled with wonderful characters and stories.
When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Kalagni, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
rt
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks K..

I'm always glad to win any sort of prize :smile:

..had to work at bit at that one....

Your thread title as introduction stuck me as the most unorthodox introduction title I have ever read as well....so a prize is there for you as well :smile:
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Return to “Introductions”