Namkhai Norbu's Vajra Armor text/practice

Pero

Re: Namkhai Norbu's Vajra Armor text/practice

Post by Pero »

padma norbu wrote:Thanks again... I'm going to leave this up for a few days and then request it be deleted because I don't feel like it is a good idea to archive such negativity. It may help some people, but I think it is more negative overall. Still, I needed to express it in order to get the right feedback.
Man I think it would be a real shame to delete the whole thread, there is some useful/interesting info on this practice here. Perhaps ask just to delete the last two pages or just the posts not related to the practice or something. :smile:
And good luck. :hug:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

padma norbu wrote:Thanks again... I'm going to leave this up for a few days and then request it be deleted because I don't feel like it is a good idea to archive such negativity. It may help some people, but I think it is more negative overall. Still, I needed to express it in order to get the right feedback.
MODERATOR NOTE

Several posts have been removed as requested.

Regards,
rt
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

When it is said that during the initial three-day retreat one should not recite anything but the Dorje Kotrab mantra, does this include even prayers, such as like the 7-line prayer and lineage prayers, gurus' long-life prayers, the alikali/Vajrasattva/D.O. mantra, and dedication prayers & mantras?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:When it is said that during the initial three-day retreat one should not recite anything but the Dorje Kotrab mantra, does this include even prayers, such as like the 7-line prayer and lineage prayers, gurus' long-life prayers, the alikali/Vajrasattva/D.O. mantra, and dedication prayers & mantras?

Ask rinpoche.
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

Pero wrote:Thanks a lot for that interesting in-depth explanation. Too bad Lama Dawa doesn't go to Europe, I'd be interested in receiving his teachings on this practice. BTW, though not a samaya, you have to maintain a daily recitation in the practice taught by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too. If you break the daily recitation you lose the function of the mantra and have to repeat the 3 day retreat, or so it's explained.
I have heard excellent reports from retreatants who practice with Lama Dawa re Vajra Armor. My own experience is that there he is clear and unambiguous, provides an environment (especially the Saraswati Bhawan retreat land) that is as obstacle free as possible for practitioners.

Perhaps a trip from Europe is trivial considering this, no?

Best,

Tenzin Dorje
Pero

Post by Pero »

TenzinDorje wrote:
Pero wrote:Thanks a lot for that interesting in-depth explanation. Too bad Lama Dawa doesn't go to Europe, I'd be interested in receiving his teachings on this practice. BTW, though not a samaya, you have to maintain a daily recitation in the practice taught by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too. If you break the daily recitation you lose the function of the mantra and have to repeat the 3 day retreat, or so it's explained.
I have heard excellent reports from retreatants who practice with Lama Dawa re Vajra Armor. My own experience is that there he is clear and unambiguous, provides an environment (especially the Saraswati Bhawan retreat land) that is as obstacle free as possible for practitioners.

Perhaps a trip from Europe is trivial considering this, no?
No since it is quite irrelevant to me if the retreat land is obstacle free when I am not obstacle free.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Lama Dawa has announced His 2013 schedule which, I believe, includes two Level 1 Vajra Armor retreats at His retreat land in Lansing, IA. I cannot praise these retreats too highly. They definitely get the job done and include a series of tests at the end which conform that fact. IMHO, anyone interested in this practice should try to attend these retreats with Lama Dawa. You won't be sorry. :namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Pero

Post by Pero »

pemachophel wrote: You won't be sorry. :namaste:
I don't doubt that. :smile:
- Shabkar
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

a bind:

the US DC site is evidently sold out of the Vajra Armor booklet. Do I wait it out or order from Europe or... ?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Jikan wrote:a bind:

the US DC site is evidently sold out of the Vajra Armor booklet. Do I wait it out or order from Europe or... ?
I would order from Europe.
The US store is often sold out of certain items for excruciatingly long periods of time.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

OK. I'd like to be prepared in case the opportunity for a few-days-long retreat arises.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

I just bought it from Italy ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
wildarms

Post by wildarms »

i had the precious text and teaching from Lhatse Trulku Rinpoche who receive this text and teaching from His Holiness Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche compound teaching, later on i receive from another of my teacher Khunchok Rinpoche who is a student of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche and receive the teaching from Penor Rinpoche himself on a 1 on 1 transmission.

my reference on both both practice text and explanation is similar very identical 95%, its call the "Dorje Gotrab from Terma of Three Cycle Compilation" , i have search high and low and across several countries never had i come across other reference or practice text relating to Dorje Gotrab practice, but i did find online there are a couple of uploaded copy which is quite different including the mantra.

my take is the text and teaching receive from the master whom you receive the Wang would be the most appropriate for this practice, but i am still always looking at this deity practice material for reference.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

*post removed*

Return to “Dzogchen”