Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
padma norbu wrote:
Thanks again... I'm going to leave this up for a few days and then request it be deleted because I don't feel like it is a good idea to archive such negativity. It may help some people, but I think it is more negative overall. Still, I needed to express it in order to get the right feedback.

Man I think it would be a real shame to delete the whole thread, there is some useful/interesting info on this practice here. Perhaps ask just to delete the last two pages or just the posts not related to the practice or something. :smile:
And good luck. :hug:

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am
Posts: 3996
padma norbu wrote:
Thanks again... I'm going to leave this up for a few days and then request it be deleted because I don't feel like it is a good idea to archive such negativity. It may help some people, but I think it is more negative overall. Still, I needed to express it in order to get the right feedback.


MODERATOR NOTE

Several posts have been removed as requested.

Regards,
rt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Southern Oregon
When it is said that during the initial three-day retreat one should not recite anything but the Dorje Kotrab mantra, does this include even prayers, such as like the 7-line prayer and lineage prayers, gurus' long-life prayers, the alikali/Vajrasattva/D.O. mantra, and dedication prayers & mantras?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
When it is said that during the initial three-day retreat one should not recite anything but the Dorje Kotrab mantra, does this include even prayers, such as like the 7-line prayer and lineage prayers, gurus' long-life prayers, the alikali/Vajrasattva/D.O. mantra, and dedication prayers & mantras?



Ask rinpoche.

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm
Posts: 133
Pero wrote:
Thanks a lot for that interesting in-depth explanation. Too bad Lama Dawa doesn't go to Europe, I'd be interested in receiving his teachings on this practice. BTW, though not a samaya, you have to maintain a daily recitation in the practice taught by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too. If you break the daily recitation you lose the function of the mantra and have to repeat the 3 day retreat, or so it's explained.


I have heard excellent reports from retreatants who practice with Lama Dawa re Vajra Armor. My own experience is that there he is clear and unambiguous, provides an environment (especially the Saraswati Bhawan retreat land) that is as obstacle free as possible for practitioners.

Perhaps a trip from Europe is trivial considering this, no?

Best,

Tenzin Dorje


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
TenzinDorje wrote:
Pero wrote:
Thanks a lot for that interesting in-depth explanation. Too bad Lama Dawa doesn't go to Europe, I'd be interested in receiving his teachings on this practice. BTW, though not a samaya, you have to maintain a daily recitation in the practice taught by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too. If you break the daily recitation you lose the function of the mantra and have to repeat the 3 day retreat, or so it's explained.


I have heard excellent reports from retreatants who practice with Lama Dawa re Vajra Armor. My own experience is that there he is clear and unambiguous, provides an environment (especially the Saraswati Bhawan retreat land) that is as obstacle free as possible for practitioners.

Perhaps a trip from Europe is trivial considering this, no?

No since it is quite irrelevant to me if the retreat land is obstacle free when I am not obstacle free.

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Lafayette, CO
Lama Dawa has announced His 2013 schedule which, I believe, includes two Level 1 Vajra Armor retreats at His retreat land in Lansing, IA. I cannot praise these retreats too highly. They definitely get the job done and include a series of tests at the end which conform that fact. IMHO, anyone interested in this practice should try to attend these retreats with Lama Dawa. You won't be sorry. :namaste:

_________________
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
pemachophel wrote:
You won't be sorry. :namaste:

I don't doubt that. :smile:

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm 
Online
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Posts: 5771
a bind:

the US DC site is evidently sold out of the Vajra Armor booklet. Do I wait it out or order from Europe or... ?

_________________
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 1565
Jikan wrote:
a bind:

the US DC site is evidently sold out of the Vajra Armor booklet. Do I wait it out or order from Europe or... ?

I would order from Europe.
The US store is often sold out of certain items for excruciatingly long periods of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:04 pm 
Online
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Posts: 5771
OK. I'd like to be prepared in case the opportunity for a few-days-long retreat arises.

_________________
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Posts: 1999
Location: France
I just bought it from Italy ...

Sönam

_________________
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:33 am
Posts: 1
i had the precious text and teaching from Lhatse Trulku Rinpoche who receive this text and teaching from His Holiness Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche compound teaching, later on i receive from another of my teacher Khunchok Rinpoche who is a student of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche and receive the teaching from Penor Rinpoche himself on a 1 on 1 transmission.

my reference on both both practice text and explanation is similar very identical 95%, its call the "Dorje Gotrab from Terma of Three Cycle Compilation" , i have search high and low and across several countries never had i come across other reference or practice text relating to Dorje Gotrab practice, but i did find online there are a couple of uploaded copy which is quite different including the mantra.

my take is the text and teaching receive from the master whom you receive the Wang would be the most appropriate for this practice, but i am still always looking at this deity practice material for reference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 pm 
Online
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Posts: 5771
*post removed*

_________________
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: qwerty13, Stewart and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group