Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Rinchen Dorje

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Does anyone have a list of Lungs given by Rinpoche for the Merigar East retreat, 6/10-6/16? He gave so many so fast I couldnt write them all down.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

I'm still listening to the replays, although I was able to watch live the last day. Anyway, when I get there, if you want, I can make you a list. It's what he generally gives though.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

That would be very nice...if its not too much trouble...thank you so much
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
florin

Post by florin »

Green Tara
Vajrapani
Red Garuda
Sang puja
Naga
Long life of Mnadarava-long version
Mantra of Chulen
Practice of Shitro
Long life of Amitayus
Purification of the 6 lokas
Guru yoga of 3 A
25 spaces of Samantabadra
Mantra of.....couldnt understand :shrug: :smile:
Sanje Menla
Urgyen Menla
Dorje Kotrab
Mantra to transform bad days in good days
Something to do with 8 classes :shrug:
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Mantra for giving teachings to different classes of bad spirits
Longer dedication
Lamp invocation.

And after the Lamp invocation my connection has dropped and i couldn't get back online..
Pero

Post by Pero »

Just some clarifications... :smile:
alpha wrote:Green Tara
Mantra of Chulen
The second is just part of Mandarava practice, not something separate.
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Longer dedication
In the same way, this is all in the practice of Chod.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Rinpoche has only recently started giving the lung for Orgyen Menla. As far as I know there is no printed copy available in the community so does anyone have the phoenetics for it? If so would you be able to PM it to me? I received the transmission during the Namgyalgar South teachings earlier in the year. thanks :)
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Alpha beat me to it. Nicely done! Thanks :-)
When I get there, I'll add the mantras he couldn't catch.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

So, I am planning on attending the retreat next month in Merigar (Garuda) and was wondering if someone could give me some info, such as:

- What is the best airport to fly in to?

- How to best get to Merigar from there?

- Can one stay at Merigar during the retreat?

- Can one talk to Rinpoche during the retreat? Not hours of course, but just 10 min. to ask a personal practice question?

- Anything else I need to know or advice you can give me? I haven't heard back from them, so I don't even know if there is space. If not, I will try Barcelone.

Many thanks,

C
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Clarence wrote: - Can one stay at Merigar during the retreat?
In general no, but there is a dormitory in Merigar where you can stay, please contact:
Christina von Geispitzheim
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +39 0564 957542
Mobile: +39 339 1370739
Skype "planetelibero"
Clarence wrote: - Can one talk to Rinpoche during the retreat? Not hours of course, but just 10 min. to ask a personal practice question?
Sure after the tteaching you can talk to Rinpoche, just get into the que going to his throne and wait until your turn comes.
Clarence wrote: - Anything else I need to know or advice you can give me? I haven't heard back from them, so I don't even know if there is space. If not, I will try Barcelone.

Many thanks,

C
If you don´t mind sleeping in tent ask Chrisitna for contact to Alix. Plus it is much cheaper to cook your own food then to eat in "Yellow house".
If you have posibility during the retreat, go and visit local natural spa - Petriolli and the other one (I forgot what it is called), those are thermal sulfur springs very good for skin also if you don´t like to sweat this will somehow stop your perspiration at least in my experience :D

Sorry but I can´t give you any advice regarding the airport or how to get to Merigar from there since I have always traveled there by car.
username

Post by username »

email from Christina [email protected] on norbunet, July 7th 2011:
Re: Transfer airport Leonardo da Vinci to Merigar

Information for people coming to Merigar and landing in Rome Fiumicino airport

The easiest way to reach Arcidosso is by taking the RAMA bus to GROSSETO
(departs airport on weekdays at 14,55 h, arrives in Grosseto at 17,25 h, here the connection to Arcidosso at 17,40 h)

Leonardo da Vinci airport is programmed chaos and nobody knows about the bus there, useless to ask
so here I send a street view map of where you have to wait to catch it.

Proceed to terminal 3 (AKA terminal C), cross the street, go up a few steps to the next lane, wait there on this footpath island where it says "Bus Turistici" looking to the Armani building towards right and the entrance of the train station towards left. Look out sharp for big buses coming from left, at 14,52 h the bus from the RAMA company drives up the lane, it should have written GROSSETO in front, this is your bus, it stops for 2 minutes or 3, and departs at 14,55h, Ticket with driver is 15 € (euro cash only)

Here the street view map and photo of the spot where to wait:

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Aeroporto+ ... 46,,1,3.91" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bon voyage, see you soon,
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

alpha wrote:Green Tara
Vajrapani
Red Garuda
Sang puja
Naga
Mantra of Chulen
Practice of Shitro
Long life of Amitayus
Purification of the 6 lokas
Guru yoga of 3 A
25 spaces of Samantabadra
Mantra of.....couldnt understand :shrug: :smile:
Mantra of Chenrezig Koruwa Dondrup
Sanje Menla
Urgyen Menla
Dorje Kotrab
Mantra to transform bad days in good days
Something to do with 8 classes :shrug:
Offering for 8 Classes of Guardians(?)
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Longer dedication
Lamp invocation.

And after the Lamp invocation my connection has dropped and i couldn't get back online..
Invocation of Guru Garab Dorje
Thun
Thun Sho (Ganapuja)
Short Puja
Serkyem
Guru Yoga of Padmasambhava (from medium Ganapuja)
Essence of Gomadevi practice
Simha Mukkha (5 manifestations) mantra
Nam Kha terma

I'm sure I may have missed or misheard a couple so...
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

username wrote:email from Christina [email protected] on norbunet, July 7th 2011:
Re: Transfer airport Leonardo da Vinci to Merigar

Information for people coming to Merigar and landing in Rome Fiumicino airport

The easiest way to reach Arcidosso is by taking the RAMA bus to GROSSETO
(departs airport on weekdays at 14,55 h, arrives in Grosseto at 17,25 h, here the connection to Arcidosso at 17,40 h)

Leonardo da Vinci airport is programmed chaos and nobody knows about the bus there, useless to ask
so here I send a street view map of where you have to wait to catch it.

Proceed to terminal 3 (AKA terminal C), cross the street, go up a few steps to the next lane, wait there on this footpath island where it says "Bus Turistici" looking to the Armani building towards right and the entrance of the train station towards left. Look out sharp for big buses coming from left, at 14,52 h the bus from the RAMA company drives up the lane, it should have written GROSSETO in front, this is your bus, it stops for 2 minutes or 3, and departs at 14,55h, Ticket with driver is 15 € (euro cash only)

Here the street view map and photo of the spot where to wait:

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Aeroporto+ ... 46,,1,3.91" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bon voyage, see you soon,
Dear all,

We informe you that:

Thursday, August the 4th at 3 p.m.

A reserved bus will depart from Rome Tiburtina (at the corner Via G. Mazzoni) stopping in Bagnolo, Santa Fiora, Bagnore, Aiuole, Capenti, Arcidosso Piazza Indipendenza, Arcidosso Cappuccini San Lorenzo, Castel del Piano campeggio, Castel del Piano P.zza Carducci.

There are still some places, you can pay directely to the bus driver.

Warm regards

Lucia

Contacter Christina ...
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thank you all. I have most of the info ready to go. Just need to hear word back on a place to stay and I can start booking tickets.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Question:

I'm looking to pick up come practices again. Do I need to receive transmission again?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

mr. gordo wrote:Question:

I'm looking to pick up come practices again. Do I need to receive transmission again?
No. But it wouldnt hurt.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Sad and suprised to see this update:
http://tsegyalgar.org/hidden/tsegyalgar ... 2922222629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe I will buy some lottery tickets today.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Nangwa wrote:
mr. gordo wrote:Question:

No. But it wouldnt hurt.
Thanks Nangwa!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
username

Post by username »

Re-receiving one's practices' transmissions is good in many ways and Rinpoche sometimes reiterates this traditional point. Purifies, advances and generally just gets better and better basically.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
booker

Post by booker »

Sönam wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
And even better, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu really is an awakened master.
Full agree !
Hi, out of curiosity - is it your personal impression or are there any signs of that you could relate to traditional texts which you mention sometimes (signs of and awakened being etc. )?
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

booker wrote:
Sönam wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
And even better, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu really is an awakened master.
Full agree !
Hi, out of curiosity - is it your personal impression or are there any signs of that you could relate to traditional texts which you mention sometimes (signs of and awakened being etc. )?
I use traditional texts quoting when needed in the discussion. As for ChNN I refere to personnal inter-relation effects, compared to others masters. So it's intuitive and personnal ...

Hope it answers to your curiosity :smile:
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

Return to “Dzogchen”