Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 172  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
Does anyone have a list of Lungs given by Rinpoche for the Merigar East retreat, 6/10-6/16? He gave so many so fast I couldnt write them all down.

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm
Posts: 2755
I'm still listening to the replays, although I was able to watch live the last day. Anyway, when I get there, if you want, I can make you a list. It's what he generally gives though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 493
That would be very nice...if its not too much trouble...thank you so much

_________________
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm
Posts: 600
Location: kent
Green Tara
Vajrapani
Red Garuda
Sang puja
Naga
Long life of Mnadarava-long version
Mantra of Chulen
Practice of Shitro
Long life of Amitayus
Purification of the 6 lokas
Guru yoga of 3 A
25 spaces of Samantabadra
Mantra of.....couldnt understand :shrug: :smile:
Sanje Menla
Urgyen Menla
Dorje Kotrab
Mantra to transform bad days in good days
Something to do with 8 classes :shrug:
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Mantra for giving teachings to different classes of bad spirits
Longer dedication
Lamp invocation.

And after the Lamp invocation my connection has dropped and i couldn't get back online..

_________________
AOM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
Just some clarifications... :smile:

alpha wrote:
Green Tara
Long life of Mnadarava-long version
Mantra of Chulen

The second is just part of Mandarava practice, not something separate.

Quote:
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Mantra for giving teachings to different classes of bad spirits
Longer dedication

In the same way, this is all in the practice of Chod.

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Posts: 122
Rinpoche has only recently started giving the lung for Orgyen Menla. As far as I know there is no printed copy available in the community so does anyone have the phoenetics for it? If so would you be able to PM it to me? I received the transmission during the Namgyalgar South teachings earlier in the year. thanks :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm
Posts: 2755
Alpha beat me to it. Nicely done! Thanks :-)
When I get there, I'll add the mantras he couldn't catch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 592
So, I am planning on attending the retreat next month in Merigar (Garuda) and was wondering if someone could give me some info, such as:

- What is the best airport to fly in to?

- How to best get to Merigar from there?

- Can one stay at Merigar during the retreat?

- Can one talk to Rinpoche during the retreat? Not hours of course, but just 10 min. to ask a personal practice question?

- Anything else I need to know or advice you can give me? I haven't heard back from them, so I don't even know if there is space. If not, I will try Barcelone.

Many thanks,

C


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:04 pm
Posts: 248
Clarence wrote:
- Can one stay at Merigar during the retreat?


In general no, but there is a dormitory in Merigar where you can stay, please contact:
Christina von Geispitzheim
e-mail: accomodationservice@gmail.com
Phone: +39 0564 957542
Mobile: +39 339 1370739
Skype "planetelibero"

Clarence wrote:
- Can one talk to Rinpoche during the retreat? Not hours of course, but just 10 min. to ask a personal practice question?

Sure after the tteaching you can talk to Rinpoche, just get into the que going to his throne and wait until your turn comes.

Clarence wrote:
- Anything else I need to know or advice you can give me? I haven't heard back from them, so I don't even know if there is space. If not, I will try Barcelone.

Many thanks,

C

If you don´t mind sleeping in tent ask Chrisitna for contact to Alix. Plus it is much cheaper to cook your own food then to eat in "Yellow house".
If you have posibility during the retreat, go and visit local natural spa - Petriolli and the other one (I forgot what it is called), those are thermal sulfur springs very good for skin also if you don´t like to sweat this will somehow stop your perspiration at least in my experience :D

Sorry but I can´t give you any advice regarding the airport or how to get to Merigar from there since I have always traveled there by car.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm
Posts: 759
email from Christina accomodationservice@gmail.com on norbunet, July 7th 2011:
Quote:
Re: Transfer airport Leonardo da Vinci to Merigar

Information for people coming to Merigar and landing in Rome Fiumicino airport

The easiest way to reach Arcidosso is by taking the RAMA bus to GROSSETO
(departs airport on weekdays at 14,55 h, arrives in Grosseto at 17,25 h, here the connection to Arcidosso at 17,40 h)

Leonardo da Vinci airport is programmed chaos and nobody knows about the bus there, useless to ask
so here I send a street view map of where you have to wait to catch it.

Proceed to terminal 3 (AKA terminal C), cross the street, go up a few steps to the next lane, wait there on this footpath island where it says "Bus Turistici" looking to the Armani building towards right and the entrance of the train station towards left. Look out sharp for big buses coming from left, at 14,52 h the bus from the RAMA company drives up the lane, it should have written GROSSETO in front, this is your bus, it stops for 2 minutes or 3, and departs at 14,55h, Ticket with driver is 15 € (euro cash only)

Here the street view map and photo of the spot where to wait:

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Aeroporto+ ... 46,,1,3.91


Bon voyage, see you soon,

_________________
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 am 
Offline
Former staff member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 10294
Location: Greece
alpha wrote:
Green Tara
Vajrapani
Red Garuda
Sang puja
Naga
Long life of Mnadarava-long version
Mantra of Chulen
Practice of Shitro
Long life of Amitayus
Purification of the 6 lokas
Guru yoga of 3 A
25 spaces of Samantabadra
Mantra of.....couldnt understand :shrug: :smile:

Mantra of Chenrezig Koruwa Dondrup
Quote:
Sanje Menla
Urgyen Menla
Dorje Kotrab
Mantra to transform bad days in good days
Something to do with 8 classes :shrug:
Offering for 8 Classes of Guardians(?)
Quote:
Chod-very condensed
Main chod
Mantra for giving teachings to different classes of bad spirits
Longer dedication
Lamp invocation.

And after the Lamp invocation my connection has dropped and i couldn't get back online..
Invocation of Guru Garab Dorje
Thun
Thun Sho (Ganapuja)
Short Puja
Serkyem
Guru Yoga of Padmasambhava (from medium Ganapuja)
Essence of Gomadevi practice
Simha Mukkha (5 manifestations) mantra
Nam Kha terma

I'm sure I may have missed or misheard a couple so...
:namaste:

_________________
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Posts: 1999
Location: France
username wrote:
email from Christina accomodationservice@gmail.com on norbunet, July 7th 2011:
Quote:
Re: Transfer airport Leonardo da Vinci to Merigar

Information for people coming to Merigar and landing in Rome Fiumicino airport

The easiest way to reach Arcidosso is by taking the RAMA bus to GROSSETO
(departs airport on weekdays at 14,55 h, arrives in Grosseto at 17,25 h, here the connection to Arcidosso at 17,40 h)

Leonardo da Vinci airport is programmed chaos and nobody knows about the bus there, useless to ask
so here I send a street view map of where you have to wait to catch it.

Proceed to terminal 3 (AKA terminal C), cross the street, go up a few steps to the next lane, wait there on this footpath island where it says "Bus Turistici" looking to the Armani building towards right and the entrance of the train station towards left. Look out sharp for big buses coming from left, at 14,52 h the bus from the RAMA company drives up the lane, it should have written GROSSETO in front, this is your bus, it stops for 2 minutes or 3, and departs at 14,55h, Ticket with driver is 15 € (euro cash only)

Here the street view map and photo of the spot where to wait:

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Aeroporto+ ... 46,,1,3.91


Bon voyage, see you soon,


Dear all,

We informe you that:

Thursday, August the 4th at 3 p.m.

A reserved bus will depart from Rome Tiburtina (at the corner Via G. Mazzoni) stopping in Bagnolo, Santa Fiora, Bagnore, Aiuole, Capenti, Arcidosso Piazza Indipendenza, Arcidosso Cappuccini San Lorenzo, Castel del Piano campeggio, Castel del Piano P.zza Carducci.

There are still some places, you can pay directely to the bus driver.

Warm regards

Lucia


Contacter Christina ...

_________________
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 592
Thank you all. I have most of the info ready to go. Just need to hear word back on a place to stay and I can start booking tickets.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 4027
Location: Spaceship Earth
Question:

I'm looking to pick up come practices again. Do I need to receive transmission again?

_________________
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 1565
mr. gordo wrote:
Question:

I'm looking to pick up come practices again. Do I need to receive transmission again?

No. But it wouldnt hurt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 1999
Sad and suprised to see this update:
http://tsegyalgar.org/hidden/tsegyalgar ... 2922222629

Maybe I will buy some lottery tickets today.

_________________
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 4027
Location: Spaceship Earth
Nangwa wrote:
mr. gordo wrote:
Question:

I'm looking to pick up come practices again. Do I need to receive transmission again?

No. But it wouldnt hurt.


Thanks Nangwa!

_________________
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm
Posts: 759
Re-receiving one's practices' transmissions is good in many ways and Rinpoche sometimes reiterates this traditional point. Purifies, advances and generally just gets better and better basically.

_________________
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 pm
Posts: 106
Location: UK
Sönam wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

And even better, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu really is an awakened master.


Full agree !

Hi, out of curiosity - is it your personal impression or are there any signs of that you could relate to traditional texts which you mention sometimes (signs of and awakened being etc. )?

_________________
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Posts: 1999
Location: France
booker wrote:
Sönam wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

And even better, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu really is an awakened master.


Full agree !

Hi, out of curiosity - is it your personal impression or are there any signs of that you could relate to traditional texts which you mention sometimes (signs of and awakened being etc. )?


I use traditional texts quoting when needed in the discussion. As for ChNN I refere to personnal inter-relation effects, compared to others masters. So it's intuitive and personnal ...

Hope it answers to your curiosity :smile:
Sönam

_________________
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 172  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group