Drikung Dzogchen Lineage

kalden yungdrung

Drikung Dzogchen Lineage

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Am interested in knowing the Drikung Kagyud Dzogchen Lineage Tree of refuge.
Me was told that many Bonpos did once " enter / were converted etc. ", the Drikung Kagyud and only over their family names is it possible to trace their roots.

Best wishes
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
dzoki

Re: Drikung Dzogchen Lineage

Post by dzoki »

Depends on which lineage you want to know. There are several lineages of Dzogchen in Drikung Kagyu, all of them are terma.
These are the tertons of Drikung Kagyu:

Drigung Gyalwang Rinchen Phuntsog also known as Drigung Ratna (16th Century).
Drigung Orgyen Nüden Dorje also known as Drigung Lho Jedrung or Lho Bongtül.
Drigung Zhabdrung Chetsang, Konchok Rinchen (16th Century).
Drigung Chungtsang, Chokyi Dragpa (17th Century).
Drigung Özer Dorje of Dri-Matak Gön
Garnor rinpoche

I don´t know whether Garnor Rinpoche has revealed any dzogchen cycle, he has a terma of wrathful Achi Drolma and Vajrakilaya.

Rinchen Phuntsok revealed the famous Damcho Gongpa Yangzab.
kalden yungdrung

dzoki wrote:Depends on which lineage you want to know. There are several lineages of Dzogchen in Drikung Kagyu, all of them are terma.

Garnor rinpoche

I don´t know whether Garnor Rinpoche has revealed any dzogchen cycle, he has a terma of wrathful Achi Drolma and Vajrakilaya.

Tashi delek,

Thanks for these usefull informations.

- What Dzogchen teachings did these Tertons revealed?
- What was the reason to hide these teachings?
- To what do these Termas belong, Semsde, Longde or Mengagde?
- Are you a Drikungpa? :D

Best wishes
KY
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote: - To what do these Termas belong, Semsde, Longde or Mengagde?
-
Yangzab is described by the terton, Rinchen Phunstok, as an appendix of the Khandro Nyinthig, so it is classed as Manngag sde.

However, it mainly consists of mahāyoga and anuyoga sadhanas (three roots, shitro, protectors etc.), with only a short snying thig text for the Dzogchen section. In other words, it was used as a supplement to Khandro Nyinthig.

One of the features of Yangzab is that is has many very, very wrathful practices.

N
kalden yungdrung

dzoki wrote:
Depends on which lineage you want to know. There are several lineages of Dzogchen in Drikung Kagyu, all of them are terma.

Garnor rinpoche

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your replies.

Finally did i expect an unbroken Dzogchen lineage here like stemming from Samantabhadra in this case to the actual Lineage Master.
But this could be true in the Drikung Dzogchen lineage maybe ? :namaste:

Best wishes
KY
Pero

Post by Pero »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Finally did i expect an unbroken Dzogchen lineage here like stemming from Samantabhadra in this case to the actual Lineage Master.
But this could be true in the Drikung Dzogchen lineage maybe ?
Dzogchen lineages are broken? What?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Drikung Kagyu Dzogchen was a terma which means it's connected to Guru Padmasambhava. So it is part of an unbroken lineage. It is not the main practice of Drikung Kagyu lineage.
CAW!
kalden yungdrung

Pero wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:
But this could be true in the Drikung Dzogchen lineage maybe ?
Dzogchen lineages are broken? What?
Tashi delek,

Thanks for your mental alertness. ;)

Yes a Dzogchen lineage is unbroken. But i guess we deal here with an addition maybe to the main practice of the Drikung Kagyud, when i understood it well ?

Best wishes
KY
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
dzoki wrote:

Garnor rinpoche

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your replies.

But this could be true in the Drikung Dzogchen lineage maybe ? :namaste:

Best wishes
KY
Yangzab lineage is Samantabhadra, Vajrasattva, Garab Dorje, Shri Singha, Padmasambhava, Prince Mutig Tsadpo (Senalak) --> Drikung Rinpoche Phuntsok etc.
kalden yungdrung

Namdrol wrote:
Yangzab lineage is Samantabhadra, Vajrasattva, Garab Dorje, Shri Singha, Padmasambhava, Prince Mutig Tsadpo (Senalak) --> Drikung Rinpoche Phuntsok etc.
Tashi delek,

Thanks for your elucidations about the Dzogchen lineage within Drikung Kagyud.

So when i did understood it well, then Drikung has Dzogchen teachings not based on Mahamudra and they have Mahamudra.

Now are my questions:

- In case they give practise is this primary based on Mahamudra ?
- Do they then proceed with Dzogchen as the final goal?
- How are these complete circel of teachings called, Mahamudra + Dzogchen?
- Do they have dark retreat?

Thanks in advance for your attention

Best wishes
KY
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

kalden yungdrung wrote: In case they give practise is this primary based on Mahamudra ?
- Do they then proceed with Dzogchen as the final goal?[/color]
No. These two lineages are kept rather separate. The current lineage holder, Gelong Tashi Rabten, is not a Dzogchen practitioner. His practice is 100% Mahamudra.
CAW!
Drikung_Dzogchen

Post by Drikung_Dzogchen »

Just wanted to clarify that Ganor Rinpoche is Nyingma and not part of the Drikung Kagyu Lineage. He is a Terton that has revealed a number of practices including a Vajrakilaya cycle. I do not know if he revealed an Achi Terma but he did have a vision of Achi Chokyi Drolma that revealed to him that Lho Ontul Rinpoches son Ratna Rinpoche was the Quality emanation of the Drikung Terton Lho Nuden Dorje. Historically Lho Ontul Rinpoche entered the Drikung Kagyu lineage in the 19th century as the older brother of Lho Nuden Dorje. But Achi Chkyi Drolma is also practiced in other lineages such as in Dujom Rinpoche's tradition. At the Khenpo brothers center in New York State her image can be seen. One of her emanations is said to be Yeshe Tsogyal.The late Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok when visiting Terdrom where the Yangzab Terma was revealed had a vision of a wrathful form of Achi Chokyi Drolma and composed a praise to her. Once H.E. Garchen Rinpoche gave me the transmission for the 108 Tara's and stopped at Achi Chokyi Drolma to let me know she was also an emanation of Tara before he finished the transmission. I would be interested to know if Ganor Rinpoche has revealed any Achi termas. Other Achi Termas were revealed by the Drikung Terton Osel Dorje as well as a very special Pure Vision practice of Achi Chokyi Drolma that was received by the previous H.E. Tritasab Rinpoche. This is an amazing practice that was brought out of Tibet by Lho Ontul Rinpoche in the 80's who then gave the transmission to H.H. Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang Rinpoche. In 2004 at the Monkey Year teachings the most current incarnation of H.E. Tritsab Rinpoche gave the transmission for this practice. In this practice Achi Chokyi Drolma can be practiced as the Lama, Yidam, Dakini, or protector. It is supplemented by many different useful concise practices. The previous H.E. Tritab Rinpoche revealed this while he was in a Chinese Labor Camp in the late sixties. It is very much a practice for these times.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Drikung_Dzogchen wrote:Just wanted to clarify that Ganor Rinpoche is Nyingma and not part of the Drikung Kagyu Lineage. He is a Terton that has revealed a number of practices including a Vajrakilaya cycle. I do not know if he revealed an Achi Terma but he did have a vision of Achi Chokyi Drolma that revealed to him that Lho Ontul Rinpoches son Ratna Rinpoche was the Quality emanation of the Drikung Terton Lho Nuden Dorje. Historically Lho Ontul Rinpoche entered the Drikung Kagyu lineage in the 19th century as the older brother of Lho Nuden Dorje. But Achi Chkyi Drolma is also practiced in other lineages such as in Dujom Rinpoche's tradition. At the Khenpo brothers center in New York State her image can be seen. One of her emanations is said to be Yeshe Tsogyal.The late Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok when visiting Terdrom where the Yangzab Terma was revealed had a vision of a wrathful form of Achi Chokyi Drolma and composed a praise to her. Once H.E. Garchen Rinpoche gave me the transmission for the 108 Tara's and stopped at Achi Chokyi Drolma to let me know she was also an emanation of Tara before he finished the transmission. I would be interested to know if Ganor Rinpoche has revealed any Achi termas. Other Achi Termas were revealed by the Drikung Terton Osel Dorje as well as a very special Pure Vision practice of Achi Chokyi Drolma that was received by the previous H.E. Tritasab Rinpoche. This is an amazing practice that was brought out of Tibet by Lho Ontul Rinpoche in the 80's who then gave the transmission to H.H. Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang Rinpoche. In 2004 at the Monkey Year teachings the most current incarnation of H.E. Tritsab Rinpoche gave the transmission for this practice. In this practice Achi Chokyi Drolma can be practiced as the Lama, Yidam, Dakini, or protector. It is supplemented by many different useful concise practices. The previous H.E. Tritab Rinpoche revealed this while he was in a Chinese Labor Camp in the late sixties. It is very much a practice for these times.
You might try taking a breath. Paragraphs and punctuation which make for readability are nice too.

Just wanted to clarify that Ganor Rinpoche is Nyingma and not part of the Drikung Kagyu Lineage. He is a Terton that has revealed a number of practices including a Vajrakilaya cycle. I do not know if he revealed an Achi Terma, but he did have a vision of Achi Chokyi Drolma that revealed to him that Lho Ontul Rinpoche's son, Ratna Rinpoche, was the Quality emanation of the Drikung Terton Lho Nuden Dorje. Historically Lho Ontul Rinpoche entered the Drikung Kagyu lineage in the 19th century as the older brother of Lho Nuden Dorje.

Achi Chkyi Drolma is also practiced in other lineages such as in Dujom Rinpoche's tradition. At the Khenpo brothers center in New York State her image can be seen. One of her emanations is said to be Yeshe Tsogyal. The late Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok, when visiting Terdrom where the Yangzab Terma was revealed, had a vision of a wrathful form of Achi Chokyi Drolma and composed a praise to her.

Once H.E. Garchen Rinpoche gave me the transmission for the 108 Tara's and stopped at Achi Chokyi Drolma to let me know she was also an emanation of Tara before he finished the transmission. I would be interested to know if Ganor Rinpoche has revealed any Achi termas.

Other Achi Termas were revealed by the Drikung Terton Osel Dorje. Also there is a very special Pure Vision practice of Achi Chokyi Drolma that was received by the previous H.E. Tritasab Rinpoche. This is an amazing practice that was brought out of Tibet by Lho Ontul Rinpoche in the 80's, who then gave the transmission to H.H. Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang Rinpoche. In 2004, at the Monkey Year teachings, the most current incarnation of H.E. Tritsab Rinpoche gave the transmission for this practice. In this practice, Achi Chokyi Drolma can be practiced as the Lama, Yidam, Dakini, or protector. It is supplemented by many different useful concise practices. The previous H.E. Tritab Rinpoche revealed this while he was in a Chinese Labor Camp in the late sixties. It is very much a practice for these times.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Malcolm wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: - To what do these Termas belong, Semsde, Longde or Mengagde?
-
Yangzab is described by the terton, Rinchen Phunstok, as an appendix of the Khandro Nyinthig, so it is classed as Manngag sde.

However, it mainly consists of mahāyoga and anuyoga sadhanas (three roots, shitro, protectors etc.), with only a short snying thig text for the Dzogchen section. In other words, it was used as a supplement to Khandro Nyinthig.

One of the features of Yangzab is that is has many very, very wrathful practices.

N
Interesting. I had understood that the Dzogchen instructions in Yangzhab were complete and integral, inclusive of togal and so on. perhaps I am misunderstanding or misreading your post from five years ago.

Return to “Dzogchen”