Collected Works of Dilgo Khyentse...

Pero

Collected Works of Dilgo Khyentse...

Post by Pero »

... are going to be published soon. Here's a link to Amazon (which also notified me): http://www.amazon.com/Collected-Works-D ... y_b_text_c
This is the link to the third volume, since that's the one which is the most interesting to me, but you can easily find the first two from there. There is a fairly big mistake in the description. It says "All but one of the books in this volume is published here for the first time." Actually Zurchungpa's Testament, Primordial Purity and Pure Appearance have all already been published (the latter two being restricted texts), though perhaps not by Shambhala, which may have been their point.

Anyway, I wanted to asked if anyone read Pure Appearance? Or perhaps one of the other supposedly unpublished texts?
I've read Zurchungpa's Testament and Primordial Purity and both are excellent.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Re: Collected Works of Dilgo Khyentse...

Post by heart »

Pero wrote:... are going to be published soon. Here's a link to Amazon (which also notified me): http://www.amazon.com/Collected-Works-D ... y_b_text_c
This is the link to the third volume, since that's the one which is the most interesting to me, but you can easily find the first two from there. There is a fairly big mistake in the description. It says "All but one of the books in this volume is published here for the first time." Actually Zurchungpa's Testament, Primordial Purity and Pure Appearance have all already been published (the latter two being restricted texts), though perhaps not by Shambhala, which may have been their point.

Anyway, I wanted to asked if anyone read Pure Appearance? Or perhaps one of the other supposedly unpublished texts?
I've read Zurchungpa's Testament and Primordial Purity and both are excellent.
I did read Pure Appearance, it is on the development stage using a Vajrasattva practice as example. It is very good. I also read and received teachings on the Lamp that dispels darkness. It is a short Dzogchen pith-instruction, pretty fantastic. I am very curious to read Khyentse RInpoches commentary. It is the a shame they publish like this when you already have most of the books in each volume.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:I also read and received teachings on the Lamp that dispels darkness. It is a short Dzogchen pith-instruction, pretty fantastic. I am very curious to read Khyentse RInpoches commentary.
Is it by Mipham?
It is the a shame they publish like this when you already have most of the books in each volume.
Indeed.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote:
heart wrote:I also read and received teachings on the Lamp that dispels darkness. It is a short Dzogchen pith-instruction, pretty fantastic. I am very curious to read Khyentse RInpoches commentary.
Is it by Mipham?
Yes.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
Pero wrote:
Is it by Mipham?
Yes.
Ah in that case this text has been translated and published by Tony Duff (just the text, no commentary).
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote: Ah in that case this text has been translated and published by Tony Duff (just the text, no commentary).
Yes, and by Erik as well. It is in Crystal Cave.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

narraboth

Post by narraboth »

oh, just to say Khen Jigme Phuntsok has made a whole book of commentary on this instruction. Himself said that the book contains all enssence of teachings.

it has been translated into chinese.
Pero

Post by Pero »

So, did anyone get the 3rd volume of the collected works? What's the retreat manual like?
I'm now finally thinking of getting it. Though I'd much prefer if it would be possible to get separate books, since I already have ZT and PP.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

So I got the 3rd volume. 2nd most expensive book I ever bought - cost me around $100 altogether. Not really sure if it was worth it since Zurchungpa's Testament and Primordial Purity make about 70% of it...
Anyhow, since ZT and PP are in it, I don't need the separate editions that I have. So if anyone wants ZT and/or PP I will give them away for free.
So, does anyone want either of these two books? :smile:
Oh, for PP you're supposed to have received at least direct introduction. Though in the collected works this isn't demanded. But it's still probably a good idea. :shrug:

edit: PP is already gone.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

How was "A Wondrous Ocean of Advice for the Practice of Retreat in Solitude" and "The Lamp That Dispels Darkness"?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:How was "A Wondrous Ocean of Advice for the Practice of Retreat in Solitude" and "The Lamp That Dispels Darkness"?
Have only glanced through it so far. Looks good though. The Lamp root text was translated by EPK, from Crystal Cave, a note sayys they just changed some words to fit in with the style used by DKR. Wondrous Ocean of Advice is actually available somewhere as a free preview of this book, google it.

ZT gone now too.
- Shabkar
emaho

Post by emaho »

Does anybody know if this is going to be published as eBook?
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
Pero

Post by Pero »

Read "A Wondrous Ocean of Advice for the Practice of Retreat in Solitude" today. Though meant for people on retreat I think it's useful for everyone, good advices.
- Shabkar
monktastic

Post by monktastic »

narraboth wrote:oh, just to say Khen Jigme Phuntsok has made a whole book of commentary on this instruction. Himself said that the book contains all enssence of teachings.

it has been translated into chinese.
Do you know where his commentary can be found? I just discovered the text, and commentary would be excellent.

(Edit: talking about The Lamp That Dispels Darkness)
This undistracted state of ordinary mind
Is the meditation.
One will understand it in due course.

--Gampopa
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

heart wrote:How was "A Wondrous Ocean of Advice for the Practice of Retreat in Solitude" and "The Lamp That Dispels Darkness"?

/magnus
It seems you can read the whole Ocean text here:
http://www.calameo.com/books/00003925751dd248ce111
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
heart

Post by heart »

dzogchungpa wrote:

/magnus
It seems you can read the whole Ocean text here:
http://www.calameo.com/books/00003925751dd248ce111
Thank you.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Nyingma”