Please pray for me

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
shrtyp1

Please pray for me

Post by shrtyp1 »

I saw a hungry ghost recently over the night.I am a big garlic eater and so I went to cook some rice with garlic and vegetables then I went over to my bathroom and I have to pass a dark hallway so I left garlic out while cooking rice and I saw a hungry ghost talking to me in korean.I don't have a korean family and I never been there but she told me sarang hamneeda budda, then quickly vanished into darkness.I was just looking over my closet which has wooden door and somehow was able to see a hungry ghost and it appeared to be wearing a blue shirt I had hunged up.I was not scared I didn't know what it want so I ignored it and I continued to eat the food away from my statue and promised not to eat spices anymore.I just showed sorrow and put up my right hand and told her I will pray to tara.The weird thing is that I am not asian and I don't know why a hungry ghost would come to me.I hope nobody would ever have to experience that and hope she would reborn peacefully.My buddha looks asian because it's meditating for thursday born buddha with a medicine cup in lotus position.I am monday born buddha, I don't think I am going to even touch any spices for a while even at dark hours because it can attract hungry ghosts.I still feel I may become enlightened if I help the hungry ghost reborn.Peace and love
ronnewmexico

Re: Please pray for me

Post by ronnewmexico »

I am just a uneduated layperson with little understanding and a very small practice.
But I like to sing mantra to such things as these, so they in their suffering, may experience at least once.... emptiness contained in mantra.

So please if you may....I will be in meditation in two or so hours time...please send this being my way, in New Mexico. Many may be here, they may come and go. I suspect just saying so, saying go you to that place will suffice.
I will sing mantra loud and forcefully for this being, with compassionate intent. Caution them not to have fear(it will be quite loud).
I will not pray for you as I don't. But that I may do.

It may not help you..I don't claim to know. But I suspect such being great help it may.
They may not look for me, I may not be found perhaps. Tell them not to look for me. Tell them to listen to the song, they may hear only, that may be found perhaps.

If not not.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
shrtyp1

Post by shrtyp1 »

Thank you ronnewmexico I will tell them.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thank you...it is a great great opportunity if I may help them in even the slightest way....so great is their pain, we know it not.
I thank you.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
plwk

Post by plwk »

The weird thing is that I am not asian and I don't know why a hungry ghost would come to me.
I don't recall pretas being picky on which racial composition to say hello to :tongue:
If one has an affinity and karma with any of them, then like any other sentient being, one is bound to bump into them? :shrug:
After all, we are not alone on this planet, are we? :spy:
shrtyp1

Post by shrtyp1 »

Right, I don't mean to offend but if I would have a hungry ghost in my house I would think it would be from somebody in my family or something.I'm just a little worried because it can be confucius playing games.I didn't know what to do because they can show alot of pain and suffering and it almost made me cry in sorrow thats all.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

why do you think it's attracted to garlic? :shrug:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
shrtyp1

Post by shrtyp1 »

Probably the strong odor and foul breath, I don't even eat any animals either.
shrtyp1

Post by shrtyp1 »

Ok I'm starting to realize what I just did, and I am now going to avoid eating anything, sleeping, until I get a hand of tara statue.BTW my buddha statue was facing north and it was coming from south so I am not going to hug and kiss for a couple of day and I am listening strictly to tara mantras.Peace and love to all
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Hello shrtyp1 -

Please eat and sleep normally (meaning regularly). Please get eight hrs. of sleep and eat at least twice a day. Otherwise not eating or sleeping could cause problems. The direction that your Buddha statutes are facing is inconsequential. The Buddhas are always holding you in their hearts and minds. Listening to Tara mantra is good but only when you have the time. Don't do anything unusual.

Since you have a connection with Tara it would be good to do the 21 Tara practice. I guarantee that I will do 21 Tara practice for you today and also recite the 21 Tara mantras from the Atisha tradition and also a special White Tara terma practice that a great master gave me. I will also pray for the hungry ghost so that they will be satisfied and not bother you. Are you from Asia? If you feel like it you could leave a little rice ball for the ghost and bless it with mantra (although different cultures treat this differently - if you feel that this might attract the ghost or others then don't bother with this).

May you be well happy and peaceful. May no harm come to you. May no difficulty come to you. May you always meet with positive and healthy circumstances. May you help everyone within your power and always love all beings. May you and you family always be healthy and healed of all illness. May no one bother you. May you be guided by the Buddhas in all things and be protected by all the Buddhas and the protectors. May all hungry ghosts always be satisfied and just by your sight may bodhicitta arise in their minds and attain a better rebirth.

OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM MUNI MUNI MAHAMUNI SHAKYAMUANYE SOHA
OM AMI DEWA HRI
OM VAJRASATTA HUNG
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

So shrt

I have performed my meditation. Has your guest subsided in their presentation or not?
shrtyp1

Post by shrtyp1 »

Ok so I went out to buy a tara statue and I was meditating to tara and I have been suffering from pork tapeworms and my statute started to cure me in my meditation and I was half possessed for about an hour. I just making sacrifices as I said I will pray to tara and that is what I am doing and buddha is fulffilling my wish. I am thinking positive becaus e other spirirts can haunt e mbut also bought a prayer wheel and I hold it they go.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”