The mirror.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

The mirror.

Postby muni » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 am

Conditioned by the mind, one becomes strongly habituated to illusory actions. And then it's the same as far as pure Enlightenment is concerned; beyond one's own mind there is no dazzling light to come shining in from outside to wake one up. If one recognizes one's own intrinsic State as pure from the beginning and only temporarily obscured by impurities, and if one maintains the presence of this recognition without becoming distracted, then all the impurities dissolve. This is the essence of the Path. Then the inherent quality of the great original purity of the Primordial State manifests, and one recognizes it and becomes the master of it as a lived experience. This experience of the real knowledge of the authentic original condition, or the true awareness of the State, is what is called Nirvana. So Enlightenment is nothing other than one's own mind in its purified condition. For this reason Padma Sambhava said: 'the mind is the creator of Samsara and of Nirvana. Outside the mind there exists neither Samsara nor Nirvana. 'Having thus established that the basis of Samsara and Nirvana is the mind, it follows that all that seems concrete in the world, and all the seeming solidity of beings themselves, is nothing but an illusory vision of one's own mind.

http://www.dharmamind.net/teachings/TM1.html
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby username » Sun May 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):
http://www.pundarika.org/teachings_mind.html

simply & gently let all go by
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 am

username wrote:Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):
http://www.pundarika.org/teachings_mind.html

simply & gently let all go by


"Sometime go outside and sit,
In the evening at sunset,
When there’s a slight breeze that touches your body,
And makes the leaves and the trees move gently.
You’re not trying to do anything, really.
You’re simply allowing yourself to be,
Very open from deep within,
Without holding onto anything whatsoever.
Don’t bring something back from the past, from a memory.
Don’t plan that something should happen.
Don’t hold onto anything in the present.
Nothing you perceive needs to be nailed down.
Simply let experience take place, very freely,
So that your empty, open heart
Is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion".


"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".



Thank you. :namaste:
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:58 am

muni wrote:
username wrote:Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):

"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".



Tashi delek,

A further reason would be the source /way of seeing.

Does it function like:
- inside to outside
- outside to inside
- or both?

Yes all in all how does one see, with what kind of eyes and what are eyes finally?
When i close my eyes i do not see nothing, when i open them i see light + pictures / movies


Mutsog Marro
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 am

kalden yungdrung wrote:
muni wrote:
username wrote:Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):

"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".



Tashi delek,

A further reason would be the source /way of seeing.

Does it function like:
- inside to outside
- outside to inside
- or both?

Yes all in all how does one see, with what kind of eyes and what are eyes finally?
When i close my eyes i do not see nothing, when i open them i see light + pictures / movies


Mutsog Marro
KY

Words from Guru Rinpoche: "appearances and experiences arising in mind; is neither mind nor anything but mind."

Asked the wave: "Hello, has anyone an idea of are we now in, or are we now out"?
~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby White Lotus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:47 pm

"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".

yes, everything is emptiness. thoughts, appearances, forms, ideas, truths, falsehoods. all emptiness. it is illusory. do you see things like that Muni? me too. its hard for me to access dharma wheel these days, its blocked in my local internet kiosk. anyway, hope you are all ok on this site. best wishes, Tom. :hi:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
In general when we refer to Dzogchen Teachings, we say Dzogchen is for people who have more capacity or high capacity. What does high capacity mean? It does not mean someone is realized. First of all, it means that you are interested and you participate. For example someone says, “I want to know a little about Dzogchen.” When the teacher says, “Dzogchen is your real condition”, then what should that person do? Then the teacher says, “You need to discover that real condition.” If you are in your real nature, then you don’t have any problems. But if you are ignorant of your real nature and are always concentrating outside, you are living dualistically.

If you want to get something, some benefit, and you are searching outside, you do not know the source of the benefit is in you. The person searching outside cannot get in that knowledge. So the teaching of Dzogchen is something like that. In a very simple way, we should learn about this very famous thing called limitations. You see, for example, in the Western world, also in the Tibetan world, we have the words revolution and evolution. Revolution means we are changing the outside, looking outside. We have decided what is good and bad and our idea is that we need to change that bad to good. If we succeed to change bad to good, of course that is good. But it is not so easy. There are so many considerations, otherwise everybody would have the same way of seeing, but this is not the case.

http://www.melong.com/
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Muni wrote:
Words from Guru Rinpoche: "appearances and experiences arising in mind; is neither mind nor anything but mind."

Asked the wave: "Hello, has anyone an idea of are we now in, or are we now out"?
~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.muni



Tashi delek,

Thanks for your post.

Could it be like:

Alll Apperaneces come out of the Nature
Stay
and dissolve back
to the Nature


So all seems to be encompassed by Rigpa and is Rigpa.

Mutsog Marro
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby White Lotus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 pm

White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.



Tashi delek,

Thanks for your reply.

Is your statement maybe based on the Madyamaka philosophy?
When yes what kind of Madyamaka do you prefer?

- Rangtong or Shentong? :D
If Rangtong or Shentong, could you elucidate that point of view / choice, if possible?


Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:54 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Muni wrote:
Words from Guru Rinpoche: "appearances and experiences arising in mind; is neither mind nor anything but mind."

Asked the wave: "Hello, has anyone an idea of are we now in, or are we now out"?
~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.muni



Tashi delek,

Thanks for your post.

Could it be like:

Alll Apperaneces come out of the Nature
Stay
and dissolve back
to the Nature


So all seems to be encompassed by Rigpa and is Rigpa.

Mutsog Marro
KY

:namaste: mirrors' reflections.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 pm

White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.


All phenomena do not exist (as they seem to do) by dualistic mind.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm

muni wrote:
White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.


All phenomena do not exist (as they seem to do) by dualistic mind.



Tashi delek,

What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?

Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 am

kalden yungdrung wrote:
muni wrote:
White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.


All phenomena do not exist (as they seem to do) by dualistic mind.



Tashi delek,

What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?

Best wishes
KY


To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
Like Mipham Rinpoche said: "to examine is only adding concepts in which we put voidness and appearances separate. (Prajnaparamita)
Therefore if we engage in mental fabrications we will never find an end to them. May these fabrications now be cut from within".
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby Sönam » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:52 am

muni wrote:
To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
...


but it does not mean it is not discussed ... one can chant the reflection of the moon!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Tashi delek,


Best wishes
KY


To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Muni wrote:
Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
Like Mipham Rinpoche said: "to examine is only adding concepts in which we put voidness and appearances separate. (Prajnaparamita)
Therefore if we engage in mental fabrications we will never find an end to them. May these fabrications now be cut from within".



Tashi delek Muni,

Is your reply an answer regarding my question? It is not clear to me, sorry.
Or does your reply answer something else maybe?

Kalden Yungdrung wrote:
What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?


Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Sönam wrote:
muni wrote:
To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
...


but it does not mean it is not discussed ... one can chant the reflection of the moon!

Sönam

Is that discuss? Okay, then the word 'elaborate'.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek,


Best wishes
KY


To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Muni wrote:
Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
Like Mipham Rinpoche said: "to examine is only adding concepts in which we put voidness and appearances separate. (Prajnaparamita)
Therefore if we engage in mental fabrications we will never find an end to them. May these fabrications now be cut from within".



Tashi delek Muni,

Is your reply an answer regarding my question? It is not clear to me, sorry.
Or does your reply answer something else maybe?

Kalden Yungdrung wrote:
What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?


Best wishes
KY

As is so expressed what cannot be expressed; empty, luminious, all pervading compassion.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: The mirror.

Postby kalden yungdrung » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:44 am

Muni wrote:
As is so expressed what cannot be expressed; empty, luminious, all pervading compassion.


Tashi delek,

So i guess that you meant with what cannot be expressed, would be : empty, luminous and compassion ?

- Why do you think that emptiness, liminous and compassion cannot be expressed by words?
We know the 16 forms of emptiness in words
We know Dzogchen teachings by words

- Do you think it could maybe expressed by something else than words? :)


Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The mirror.

Postby muni » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:01 am

"Action" is spontaneous for self/others. Mirror don't discriminate; there are not such thoughts, as free from fixation. Clear and aware wisdom never ceases and distinctly shines.

editing to add: =mirrorlike wisdom.

Nondual: inexpressible.
Last edited by muni on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
muni
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Next

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

>