The YELLOW BOOK

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

The YELLOW BOOK

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Has anyone here ever heard of THE YELLOW BOOK ?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio ... tion29.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:alien:
Last edited by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
catmoon
Former staff member

Re: The YELLOW BOOK

Post by catmoon »

Yes I have heard of it. It's a pretty odd book. Although written by a lama, it contains the idea that if one even touches a Nyingma text, Dorje Shugden will kill you. This has given the book credibility problems.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Well....

There's the Yellow Book....and then there's THAT Yellow Book.

Your link refers to something regarding aliens, humans sent to other planets, etc.
That is not the yellow Book we are talking about here, or in other Buddhist fora, when we're discussing The Yellow Book.

The (Buddhist-related) Yellow Book deals with the Gyalpo Shugden, and we don't discuss the issue here.

Your Yellow Book, however, is much funnier....though not intentionally.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Sorry...I'm NOT refering to the Gyalpo Shugden Yellow Book. But obviously the Yellow Book in the link I provided . I want so badly to know the truth about these things....(extraterrestrials). Buddha taught to beings all over the Universe...I'd like to really know more about those others beings...it interests me profoundly. I think the Nagas have something to do with it. I have read a lot of material about this subject(extraterrestrials)....it's not for everyone. I take it seriously. I just want to know the truth. I don't think it's funny at all. If it is true , we should know about it. We should know the truth about everything.

_/\_
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Well....

The Truth About Everything is found by following the Path of the Buddha Dharma to it's conclusion, in my opinion. Any other method of inquiry may provide a "truth" about a given thing, but in the end all such truths are partial, if not false. such methods of inquiry may often lead to dead ends, or complete fantasies or fabrications. In this case, the so-called "Serpo project" (Serpo, incidentally, means "Yellow" colored, or sometimes "Golden," in Tibetan....) strikes me as a complete fantasy and fabrication.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Inge

THE MISSION OF GAUTAMA BUDDHA ON MARS

Post by Inge »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:Sorry...I'm NOT refering to the Gyalpo Shugden Yellow Book. But obviously the Yellow Book in the link I provided . I want so badly to know the truth about these things....(extraterrestrials). Buddha taught to beings all over the Universe...I'd like to really know more about those others beings...it interests me profoundly. I think the Nagas have something to do with it. I have read a lot of material about this subject(extraterrestrials)....it's not for everyone. I take it seriously. I just want to know the truth. I don't think it's funny at all. If it is true , we should know about it. We should know the truth about everything.

_/\_
I don't know anything about the Yellow Book, but apparently Gautama Buddha has a mission on mars: THE MISSION OF GAUTAMA BUDDHA ON MARS (from lecture by Rudolf Steiner)
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Re: The YELLOW BOOK & NAGAS

Ok...forget the Yellow Book (for a while)...maybe it is considered a secret or something and no one that knows about it will talk about it....but there is plenty of evidence in Buddhist literature/scriptures that talk about NAGAS.

Are Nagas real living beings that live underground & under the waters of this Earth ?
Are Nagas real living beings that live underground & under the waters of this Earth ?

Are they from another planet or galaxy ?

It is believed that the coming Buddha, Maitreya, is currently a bodhisattva perfecting himself in the Tushita heavens, sitting in or near a naga tree, and studying with naga teachers to prepare for his full enlightenment on earth which will take place under a tree guarded, just as it was in the days of Buddha Shakyamuni, by a great naga.

Tradition has it that Buddha Shakyamuni took rebirth in the naga realm just before his last incarnation on earth. Bodhisattvas of the 9th and 10th levels are reborn there in order to obtain empowerments and hidden teachings. By extension, someone reborn in any of the naga realms has the potential of reaching buddhahood in a short time without the need for any intervening rebirth. These so-called naga-buddhas are invoked by practitioners to grant special insight and siddhis [abilities].

http://www.khandro.net/mysterious_nagas_2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Madhyamaka School traces from Nagarjuna, who lived in Andhra between 150 and 250 CE, commenting on The Prajnaparamita Sutras. According to traditional accounts, Nagarjuna recovered these sutras from beneath the sea, where the nagas had been safeguarding them from the time when Buddha had taught them on Vulture’s Peak (Bya-rgod phung-pa’i ri, Skt. Grdhrakuta) near Rajagrha, central North India. “Nagas” are half-human half-serpent beings that live beneath the earth and beneath bodies of water.

http://www.berzinarchives.com/cms/x/s/s ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_/\_
Paul

Post by Paul »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:Sorry...I'm NOT refering to the Gyalpo Shugden Yellow Book. But obviously the Yellow Book in the link I provided . I want so badly to know the truth about these things....(extraterrestrials). Buddha taught to beings all over the Universe...I'd like to really know more about those others beings...it interests me profoundly. I think the Nagas have something to do with it. I have read a lot of material about this subject(extraterrestrials)....it's not for everyone. I take it seriously. I just want to know the truth. I don't think it's funny at all. If it is true , we should know about it. We should know the truth about everything.

_/\_
I love the topic of aliens and ufos.

I am not remotely comvinced however that ufos have anything to do with extraterrestrial visitors. A very large amount of UFO lore is the product of fantasists and experiments in psyops - especialy to hide experimental craft like the F117 stealth fighter. This yellow book seems to be a very good example of something that is just plain made-up.

As for nagas, they're a species native to earth. If I remember correctly, the dzogchen protector Rahula is from another star system, although I might be wrong.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Hayagriva wrote:I love the topic of aliens and ufos.
:cheers: (Me too )

Hayagriva wrote:I am not remotely comvinced however that ufos have anything to do with extraterrestrial visitors. A very large amount of UFO lore is the product of fantasists and experiments in psyops - especialy to hide experimental craft like the F117 stealth fighter.
There is a lot of convincing documentation out there.....

http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2011/0 ... ering.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nicap.org/documents.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/Documents.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hayagriva wrote:This yellow book seems to be a very good example of something that is just plain made-up.
Not any different from many stories in Budhism I have faith in.
Hayagriva wrote:As for nagas, they're a species native to earth. If I remember correctly, the dzogchen protector Rahula is from another star system, although I might be wrong.
If they are native to Earth then why does it say Buddha went to their realm before coming to Earth ?

I am convinced that they do live here on Earth tho...by faith in the scriptures.

There are all kinds of protectors from other realms in Buddhism...and I take this seriously....I am very interested in learning about these things...it helps me to understand the bigger picture..................and boy is it big !

I have always wanted to know the truth about life in the universe....that's why I am drawn to finding information that others would call BS.
I have a strong desire to know these things. I'm not going to suppress my inquiries just because others may think it unimportant or silly.
I think it's one of the most important truths we should absolutely understand and be knowledgeable about.
Suppression of the truth is evil. (IMHO)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Extraterrestrials exist. Now you know. I used to be very interested in these things too before I met the dharma, but now IMO thinking any more about it is just a waste of time. The real big picture is that life in the universe is a bunch of suffering sentient beings, there is a cause to that suffering, an end to it and paths to end it. Anything else is just a small picture of the deluded mind.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Lounge”