Fukushima: It's much worse than you think

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Re: Fukushima: It's much worse than you think

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:03 am

ronnewmexico wrote:Most amazingly in the US in the state of Nebraska there is now a nuclear power plant built in 1973 that is in a flood condition, entirely surrounded by flood waters.
The emergency generators are as of yet still functioning. If however the flood did become somewhat of more depth, that may not be the situation any longer. The flood waters are for now being held back by temporary dams and a earthen berm which have both really not held together all that well.
The flooding is expected to continue to some extent for at least a month. The plant is now sans the damming..under water. With no emergency generators if they get flooded....same situation as in Japan basically.

The amazing stuipidity of these peoples to build such a plant in a flood plane. They are that stupid..it is simply amazing.

Here's an appropriate song:

Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes, very nice hard hitting music..... thanks. These things call for some hard hitting.

Particular to my place and time, I'd suppose as a means to the spiritual..... I am finding about everywhere I look reinforcing of the fallibilities of the "experts" in all manner and shape.
A book on a particular spiritual practice I am reading has as one of the main authors, a person who apparently, despite being a monastic, involved very directly in the warring of peoples upon peoples for various religious means. Prior to authoring the text.
Interestingly I find his contribution very easy to read..... more of the this is how it is, way, than a real real profound issue.
Other things in this same area I have to take much time to read and understand, his seems just real easy.

With the exception of our personal spiritual teacher/s... I'd suggest in this day and time really all must be tested to see if what it contains is gold.

The experts in this area of the nuclear are quite quite faulted and I'd guess they may be considered the(nuclear scientists) the brightest of the bright.
I can only attribute it to samsara..they are in samsara.

Years ago I was on a governmental sponsored educational commitee as member, formed in response to the transportation of large amounts of low level radioactive waste which largly contain alpha emitting particles. The corporate/governmental response to that transportation, was to have alpha detectors put on the trucks used for transport, as in the event of accident and breech of container, it was estimated that alpha detectors would be the most needed and useful thing. Which was absolutely true.
But thought I.....if the truck only contains the detector and the truck is in the accident, what's to say the detector will be still intact and able to be accessed and used....
Eventually as response to publicity consequent to that, at least one large city was given the detectors.

Samsaric thought seems largly to have certain inadequacies of scope built into it. Not that I am a example of other thought.... but occasionally even I may have glimpses. It seems to reach a certain defineable limit, and beyond that cannot extend.
That is currently by circumstance in part, apparently my personal area of focus :smile: .
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 pm

ronnewmexico wrote:Samsaric thought seems largly to have certain inadequacies of scope built into it. Not that I am a example of other thought.... but occasionally even I may have glimpses. It seems to reach a certain defineable limit, and beyond that cannot extend.
That is currently by circumstance in part, apparently my personal area of focus :smile: .

Look at all the scientists pleading their case for environmental preservation. They're saying we're mortgaging the future of our grandchildren. Still, little changes. The economy must grow they say. Politicians don't get re-elected if there is no economic growth. Dictatorships face imminent collapse when the money stops rolling in. All the while carbon emissions increase every year, not decrease.

Few are willing to sacrifice for the greater benefit of the planet.

Young people despite their enthusiasm for the green movement still end up having kids, owning a vehicle (or two, or three) and enjoying the consumer lifestyle.

As time goes on and our environmental situation rapidly deteriorates it won't be climate change and toxic contamination that hit people the hardest, but the psychological devastation of seeing their standard of living plummet and the promise of industrialization and modernity fail hard. Very hard.
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 pm

The error in this thought perhaps lies in the way they concieve it.
Most population, more peoples..... they envision as perhaps a thing growing in a petrie dish that means more chance for survival of that species. More more more. Deaths will ensue but so many of us are there we will persist.

The truth of this is... it is like a forest. A forest left on its own with natural fires, weeds out itself and continues healthy and strong.
With no fires, when a fire eventually does occur(which will happen), the result is all trees in that forest die. The fire becomes so large and aggressive it consumes everything in its path down to the dirt itself.

Humans with overcrowding to the extent it is headed, do in fact ensure they the humans will not persist as species. As fire will persent in some form of fashion. I'd suppose as global warming, consequent to that, but that is conjecture.

Quite unfortunate and tragic as they serve as the best means to enlightenment of all that may be found in these realms. Other worlds sure...but to lose but one is a great great tragedy, if it has not to be that way, which it does not.
A lack of scope and consideration of how things are it seems.
They are for all intents and purposes prevented from seeing this thing and the present danger.

Me in my own ideocyncratic way..... do believe in demons. The demons in my cosomology of this world do eat humans in a fashion.
I do expect the demons/gods may step in at some point to, with unrelentless point, show this thing must be remedied.
If not they will go quite hungry eventually with no human to eat. NOt a overtly stupid lot are they(just samsarically stupid).
So in my personal fashion I guess I am not all that thinking.... gross tragedy will ensue in this place.
Those that may have influence may do so. Perhaps they are..to my superficial knowledge and very limited understanding it appears that is exactly what is displaying at the present time. In New Mexico the heart and foundation of all things nuclear is at we speak Los Alamos being threatened with total destruction by forest fire. It being now totally evacuated.
If demon I would do exactly this type of thing. Or inversely this is just the start of the consequence of a faulted ideology.

I don't know having not this in my field of study :smile:
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Humans with overcrowding to the extent it is headed, do in fact ensure they the humans will not persist as species. As fire will persent in some form of fashion. I'd suppose as global warming, consequent to that, but that is conjecture.

A lot of intellectuals I speak to boast about the advances of 'modern society' what with our longer lifespans and modern medicine. This is brought up when I point out the sustainability of numerous pre-modern models of civilization.

It may be the case that for the time being our lifespans increase and the human population rapidly rises as it has done in the last hundred years, but ultimately it is the cause for catastrophic civilization failure when the environment simply breaks down and the damage is irreversible. Irreversible at least as far as a single lifetime goes.

The idea in Buddhism that the human lifespan will decrease, not increase, may become a reality.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Here's some more bad news.

About 15 metric tons of water with a low level of radiation leaked from a storage tank at the plant on the Pacific coast, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/ ... EV20110628
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

With the exponential increase of population I am beyond predicting(without outside influcence) just the decline of overall life expectancy.
The rate of increase is simply astounding, we cannot sustain in this condition.

Not spreading my pet theories of things, as they are not necessarily buddhist.... but the demons have to know this as so.
So they may be or do take action to influence things as they may. Not for dharma of course, but as they simply do not want to see the human completely removed. They I expect harvest and do want as much as possible to continue so they may fill their existential bellies, but overgrazing which would kill the entire herd they do not want. AS much misery and pain they do want...(they eat that thing), so it could go far along...but these are personal views and being personal not all that important.

There are tales in Buddhism that the Buddhas at the end of a certain cycle, will abandon the earth. But perhaps those are obscure tales. A ending(not a final ending) but a ending of a type of cycle is spoken of a bit, I have heard. Certainly first many deaths and a lowering of life expectancies would occur.
By some tales that results by hatred greed and such the age of a young teenager in the end. But not the end by some I have heard but another cycle from which would then things begin getting better.
So would this be a ending of this cycle or a ending of a part of a cycle.
Without demonic influence I'd guess a ending of total cycle.
With demonic influcence, the ending of a part of a cycle. Many many more times could human see their ages suffering and lot go up and down....as cattle could, and all things herded and kept to be eaten.

In any event all it seems ends and begins again. The question is where are we at the present time. A dimly lite place I suspect is all that may be definitively said.

Fukushima...it gets worse and worse. Not what happened but what they are now seeing fit to release to us, not being under the spotlight or having under control the spotlight.
Damage control...they are very intelligent it that. That being their main expertise.

It is so sad what is being done to these peoples.
I live for all intents and purposes in a forest in New Mexico(about half of which seems to be burning to the ground at this moment) Husang...so we are very similiar in a fashion in this thing of this time.
Last edited by ronnewmexico on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronnewmexico

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

There is one line in the prophecy in the The Legend of the Great Stupa of Boudhanath which really caught my attention.

"The great monasteries of the country become deserted and the belch of the Bon Priest resounds in quiet hermitages; the wise and simple leaders of the monasteries have been poisoned so that the lineal explanations and practices are fragmented or lost; the holders of the lineal traditions meet sudden death. Impostors and frauds cheat the people and black spectres haunt the land. The knot in the silken thread binding demonic forces in divine bondage is untied and the cord of faith keeping the human mind harmonious is severed. The king's law is broken and the strength of communal unity lost; the people's traditions are rejected and the sea of contentment dries up; personal morality is forgotten and the cloak of modesty thrown away."

http://www.khandro.net/stupa_Boudhnath_KD.htm

The knot in the silken thread binding demonic forces in divine bondage is untied and the cord of faith keeping the human mind harmonious is severed.

As Namdrol pointed out in another thread, in Tibetan Medicine there is agreement that in recent times spirit possession has increased.

I don't think every case of purported demonic possession is true, but I think there are a lot of cases of demonic possession, whether society will ever recognize this as real or not. Modern medicine has no means of dealing with it.

You know what's also interesting about overpopulation is that it is discussed in the context of the Kaliyuga in some Hindu texts as well.

See these passages from the Śrīmad Bhāgavatam

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/sb/12/2/en

SB 12.2.7: As the earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.

Also consider the following:

SB 12.2.9: Harassed by famine and excessive taxes, people will resort to eating leaves, roots, flesh, wild honey, fruits, flowers and seeds. Struck by drought, they will become completely ruined.

SB 12.2.10: The citizens will suffer greatly from cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. They will be further tormented by quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease and severe anxiety.

Mahabharata also has some interesting prophetic passages:

And the earth will soon be full of mlecchas, and the Brahmanas will fly in all directions for fear of the burthen of taxes. And all distinctions between men will cease as regards conduct and behaviour, and afflicted with honorary tasks and offices, people will fly to woody retreats, subsisting on fruits and roots. And the world will be so afflicted, that rectitude of conduct will cease to be exhibited anywhere.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Very interesting Husang, and thanks for providing that. Your scholorship continues to personally amaze me. All my conjectures are from however dimly recollected things undoubtly filled with error or misinterpretation. Such am I so lazy and inefficient. You in part make up for that with your knowledge so I thank you.

I do recall the founder of Chod whose book was written by a disciiple some time later, to my dim recollection saying things of similiarity about demons and such. Scholors of that, take that to mean it as reference commonly to periods currrent to that time, the prophecies contained within. But I suppose not,
I find such is the case personally. It is so sad...demons and those of their patronage to my observation are very very present.
I claim no great authority on any of this however to read simple signs seems quite simple to find.
To find such in such places speaks of a widespread prelevence.
So to my opinion these are strange times. Pain and their suffering is all to do with their interaction by their volition with humans is my experience.

If my pet theory proves true..humans will survive but as consequence of the demonic for preserverance.....the entire destruction of dharma will ensue as well. Liberation being their greatest fear.Speaking not only of their eventual demise(which they simply completely abhore and cannot abide any notion of) but also of the ending of their prefered food.... supply, the pain and suffering of human.

How long are these cycles in our way of looking at things I can' t fathom.
Demons everywhere with little to no restraint...I could see that right here and now.

If no demon be present..I suspect as stated, the thing of human on the earth will end. In timely consideration of such things of this fashion anthropology or some type of measuring those things...by such terms quite quickly.
Degregation perceived by those humans being not generally perceivable and widely discounted as the americans do widely disbelieve their loss of the economic. Similiar to that. Disbelieving to the end.

I suspect is this case... the rate of demonic posession or me seeing certain signs of their presence, in certain places, speaks to a greater issue of prelevence.
There are some who believe true, every type aspect and forms of demon be present. VArying types of all the sorts will or have displayed in increased numbers.
DEmons being of all sorts and types... some may care to posess or attempt such... some may care to have disciples who worship them and train in how to cast spells and all sorts and types of things are they. Some may care to influcence things of a sort by means like weather things of a physical sort.
But prelevence and that they are now mainly unrestrained seem obvious to me.

As a aside I suppose they may never actually posess. To present the appearence of such by producing circumstances of such display is what I would guess be the best they can manage. Do they actually suppose they may then be actually posessing..being deluded to the core, I would expect mostly yes.
But the meansl of it I can't speak to. That they may not actually do so... I expect I could speak to quite definitively to the negative.
They being filled to the core with and about delusion their machinations may appear quite inventive I approximate.
Last edited by ronnewmexico on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Reminds me to always put this place in the perspective of one as tourist..... :smile:

The original buddhist elicitation of this notion in original poetic form being perhaps more appropriate, but this being set to music....entertaining in a sort of way.
ronnewmexico

Postby gyougan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Does anyone know when it is time to harvest rice in Eastern Japan? I have a bad feeling that all hell could break loose if it is contaminated.
gyougan

Postby Indrajala » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 pm

gyougan wrote:Does anyone know when it is time to harvest rice in Eastern Japan? I have a bad feeling that all hell could break loose if it is contaminated.

It is done in September.

Incidentally, a lot of packages will note it is the new crop rather than last year's crop. Not just bags of rice, but onigiri (rice balls) and bento boxes usually note that the rice used was the new year's.

Fukushima rice will probably be quite cheap, which means the convenience store bento boxes and onigiris will probably be made of it.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby gyougan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 am

Huseng wrote:Fukushima rice will probably be quite cheap, which means the convenience store bento boxes and onigiris will probably be made of it.

If it is contaminated nothing should be made of it! But can Japan afford to dispose the whole crop? Unlikely, so I guess they just raise the safety levels. As little as possible - but as much as required.

Still I believe there are many people in Japan who do not believe the official crap and switch to imported food instead.

Global food prices are already painfully high. And this is hurting most of all poor countries. If Japan starts importing huge amounts of food the prices will rise even further and once again it is the poor around the world who will be hurt the most.

I believe we are very close to the point where global food supply fails to meet demand. It's going to get ugly soon.
gyougan

Postby Indrajala » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:23 pm

gyougan wrote:
Huseng wrote:Fukushima rice will probably be quite cheap, which means the convenience store bento boxes and onigiris will probably be made of it.

If it is contaminated nothing should be made of it! But can Japan afford to dispose the whole crop? Unlikely, so I guess they just raise the safety levels. As little as possible - but as much as required.

Still I believe there are many people in Japan who do not believe the official crap and switch to imported food instead.

Global food prices are already painfully high. And this is hurting most of all poor countries. If Japan starts importing huge amounts of food the prices will rise even further and once again it is the poor around the world who will be hurt the most.

I believe we are very close to the point where global food supply fails to meet demand. It's going to get ugly soon.

They are testing food products from Tohoku for radioactive contamination. The radiation levels across the prefecture are not uniform. There are even hot spots outside the evacuation zone, probably due to rainfall.

I don't think a lot of people are switching to imported food. Imported rice has very high tariffs on it. A bag of basmati rice from India costs the same as an expensive bag of high quality domestic rice.

But like I said the big food producers will probably be using the cheapest ingredients available to them, which now would be produce, dairy and meat from Fukushima.

The irony is that for the longest time Japanese consumers were scared about imported food and "domestically produced" ( 国産 ) was a big selling point. This was especially so after numerous cases of poisonous substances were found in foodstuffs from China. Now it seems a bit more reassuring if it is from outside the country.

Seriously though consumers here are not really worried.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby Indrajala » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 pm

"This is just unbelievable because at those levels of exposure it certainly poses a risk to the lives and health of the people. If you draw a parallel to the Chernobyl disaster, then actually the Soviets decided to evacuate everyone living in the place, where radiation was three or four times lower than what we see in Fukushima City today," added Beranek, who personally visited the Chernobyl area after the 1986 disaster.

The Japanese government is actively downplaying the severity of the situation. That they are encouraging people in Fukushima to get back to ordinary life despite dangerous levels of radioactive contamination is disturbing.
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby Indrajala » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 pm

At least twenty years to clean it up in their estimation.

Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby pueraeternus » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am

Huseng wrote:They are testing food products from Tohoku for radioactive contamination. The radiation levels across the prefecture are not uniform. There are even hot spots outside the evacuation zone, probably due to rainfall.

I don't think a lot of people are switching to imported food. Imported rice has very high tariffs on it. A bag of basmati rice from India costs the same as an expensive bag of high quality domestic rice.

But like I said the big food producers will probably be using the cheapest ingredients available to them, which now would be produce, dairy and meat from Fukushima.

The irony is that for the longest time Japanese consumers were scared about imported food and "domestically produced" ( 国産 ) was a big selling point. This was especially so after numerous cases of poisonous substances were found in foodstuffs from China. Now it seems a bit more reassuring if it is from outside the country.

Seriously though consumers here are not really worried.

Just read this today:
High levels of caesium found in Fukushima beef
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 79/1/.html
If you believe certain words, you believe their hidden arguments. When you believe something is right or wrong, true of false, you believe the assumptions in the words which express the arguments. Such assumptions are often full of holes, but remain most precious to the convinced.

- The Open-Ended Proof from The Panoplia Prophetica
pueraeternus

Postby Indrajala » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:03 am

We just had a big rocker of a quake (7.1). They evacuated the Fukushima plant.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43699676/ ... a_pacific/

I'm waiting for Godzilla. :shrug:
Dharma Depository (Site)

Indrajala

Postby Tara » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:58 am

Huseng wrote:We just had a big rocker of a quake (7.1). They evacuated the Fukushima plant.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43699676/ ... a_pacific/

I'm waiting for Godzilla. :shrug:

Hi Huseng,

Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone including you is OK.

Regards,
rt
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
Tara
Site Admin

Postby gyougan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:32 pm

It seems that some Japanese people are finally getting angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVuGwc9dlhQ
gyougan

PreviousNext