The mirror.

muni

The mirror.

Post by muni »

Conditioned by the mind, one becomes strongly habituated to illusory actions. And then it's the same as far as pure Enlightenment is concerned; beyond one's own mind there is no dazzling light to come shining in from outside to wake one up. If one recognizes one's own intrinsic State as pure from the beginning and only temporarily obscured by impurities, and if one maintains the presence of this recognition without becoming distracted, then all the impurities dissolve. This is the essence of the Path. Then the inherent quality of the great original purity of the Primordial State manifests, and one recognizes it and becomes the master of it as a lived experience. This experience of the real knowledge of the authentic original condition, or the true awareness of the State, is what is called Nirvana. So Enlightenment is nothing other than one's own mind in its purified condition. For this reason Padma Sambhava said: 'the mind is the creator of Samsara and of Nirvana. Outside the mind there exists neither Samsara nor Nirvana. 'Having thus established that the basis of Samsara and Nirvana is the mind, it follows that all that seems concrete in the world, and all the seeming solidity of beings themselves, is nothing but an illusory vision of one's own mind.

http://www.dharmamind.net/teachings/TM1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
username

Re: The mirror.

Post by username »

Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):
http://www.pundarika.org/teachings_mind.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simply & gently let all go by
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
muni

Post by muni »

username wrote:Dzogchen pith instructions (after story):
http://www.pundarika.org/teachings_mind.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simply & gently let all go by
"Sometime go outside and sit,
In the evening at sunset,
When there’s a slight breeze that touches your body,
And makes the leaves and the trees move gently.
You’re not trying to do anything, really.
You’re simply allowing yourself to be,
Very open from deep within,
Without holding onto anything whatsoever.
Don’t bring something back from the past, from a memory.
Don’t plan that something should happen.
Don’t hold onto anything in the present.
Nothing you perceive needs to be nailed down.
Simply let experience take place, very freely,
So that your empty, open heart
Is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion".

"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".

Thank you. :namaste:
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

muni wrote:

"The daily display of samsaric phenomena is like a motion picture; you relate to it as if it were a movie. It is seemingly real, but when you pursue it, it is not really so".

Tashi delek,

A further reason would be the source /way of seeing.

Does it function like:
- inside to outside
- outside to inside
- or both?

Yes all in all how does one see, with what kind of eyes and what are eyes finally?
When i close my eyes i do not see nothing, when i open them i see light + pictures / movies

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
muni

Post by muni »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
muni wrote:

Tashi delek,

A further reason would be the source /way of seeing.

Does it function like:
- inside to outside
- outside to inside
- or both?

Yes all in all how does one see, with what kind of eyes and what are eyes finally?
When i close my eyes i do not see nothing, when i open them i see light + pictures / movies

Mutsog Marro
KY
Words from Guru Rinpoche: "appearances and experiences arising in mind; is neither mind nor anything but mind."

Asked the wave: "Hello, has anyone an idea of are we now in, or are we now out"?
~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

yes, everything is emptiness. thoughts, appearances, forms, ideas, truths, falsehoods. all emptiness. it is illusory. do you see things like that Muni? me too. its hard for me to access dharma wheel these days, its blocked in my local internet kiosk. anyway, hope you are all ok on this site. best wishes, Tom. :hi:
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
muni

Post by muni »

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
In general when we refer to Dzogchen Teachings, we say Dzogchen is for people who have more capacity or high capacity. What does high capacity mean? It does not mean someone is realized. First of all, it means that you are interested and you participate. For example someone says, “I want to know a little about Dzogchen.” When the teacher says, “Dzogchen is your real condition”, then what should that person do? Then the teacher says, “You need to discover that real condition.” If you are in your real nature, then you don’t have any problems. But if you are ignorant of your real nature and are always concentrating outside, you are living dualistically.

If you want to get something, some benefit, and you are searching outside, you do not know the source of the benefit is in you. The person searching outside cannot get in that knowledge. So the teaching of Dzogchen is something like that. In a very simple way, we should learn about this very famous thing called limitations. You see, for example, in the Western world, also in the Tibetan world, we have the words revolution and evolution. Revolution means we are changing the outside, looking outside. We have decided what is good and bad and our idea is that we need to change that bad to good. If we succeed to change bad to good, of course that is good. But it is not so easy. There are so many considerations, otherwise everybody would have the same way of seeing, but this is not the case.

http://www.melong.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalden yungdrung

Muni wrote:
Words from Guru Rinpoche: "appearances and experiences arising in mind; is neither mind nor anything but mind."

Asked the wave: "Hello, has anyone an idea of are we now in, or are we now out"?
~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.muni

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your post.

Could it be like:

Alll Apperaneces come out of the Nature
Stay
and dissolve back
to the Nature

So all seems to be encompassed by Rigpa and is Rigpa.

Mutsog Marro
KY
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
kalden yungdrung

White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your reply.

Is your statement maybe based on the Madyamaka philosophy?
When yes what kind of Madyamaka do you prefer?

- Rangtong or Shentong? :D
If Rangtong or Shentong, could you elucidate that point of view / choice, if possible?

Best wishes
KY
muni

Post by muni »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Muni wrote:

~~~~~~
Ideation disolves in ocean's brightful vastness.muni

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your post.

Could it be like:

Alll Apperaneces come out of the Nature
Stay
and dissolve back
to the Nature

So all seems to be encompassed by Rigpa and is Rigpa.

Mutsog Marro
KY
:namaste: mirrors' reflections.
muni

Post by muni »

White Lotus wrote:Rigpa is emptiness. mind is emptiness. unconscious is emptiness. being is emptiness. non being is emptiness. neither being nor non being is emptiness. duality is emptiness, non duality is emptiness. this mind just as it is is emptiness. this real situation is emptiness. it is not always easy but when outflows have almost ceased it is much easier than it was. tears come rarely these days.
love, White Lotus.
All phenomena do not exist (as they seem to do) by dualistic mind.
kalden yungdrung

muni wrote:
love, White Lotus.

Tashi delek,

What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?

Best wishes
KY
muni

Post by muni »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
muni wrote:
love, White Lotus.

Tashi delek,

What would be then the nature of this phenomena. like out what is it " composed " Or how do they exist or in which way do they exist?

Best wishes
KY
To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
Like Mipham Rinpoche said: "to examine is only adding concepts in which we put voidness and appearances separate. (Prajnaparamita)
Therefore if we engage in mental fabrications we will never find an end to them. May these fabrications now be cut from within".
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

muni wrote:
To not confuse I give answer by recieved generosity; the ground of all is uncomposed. Moon reflection is not cheese.

Looking by the mirror; the reflections before fabricating mind, then the dance of wisdom's variety of radiance can not discussed or it is Ma Rigpa.
but it does not mean it is not discussed ... one can chant the reflection of the moon!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Best wishes
KY

Muni wrote:
Like Mipham Rinpoche said: "to examine is only adding concepts in which we put voidness and appearances separate. (Prajnaparamita)
Therefore if we engage in mental fabrications we will never find an end to them. May these fabrications now be cut from within".

Tashi delek Muni,

Is your reply an answer regarding my question? It is not clear to me, sorry.
Or does your reply answer something else maybe?

Kalden Yungdrung wrote:

Best wishes
KY
muni

Post by muni »

Sönam wrote:
muni wrote:

but it does not mean it is not discussed ... one can chant the reflection of the moon!

Sönam
Is that discuss? Okay, then the word 'elaborate'.
muni

Post by muni »

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek,

Best wishes
KY

Muni wrote:

Tashi delek Muni,

Is your reply an answer regarding my question? It is not clear to me, sorry.
Or does your reply answer something else maybe?

Kalden Yungdrung wrote:

Best wishes
KY
As is so expressed what cannot be expressed; empty, luminious, all pervading compassion.
kalden yungdrung

Muni wrote:
As is so expressed what cannot be expressed; empty, luminious, all pervading compassion.
Tashi delek,

So i guess that you meant with what cannot be expressed, would be : empty, luminous and compassion ?

- Why do you think that emptiness, liminous and compassion cannot be expressed by words?
We know the 16 forms of emptiness in words
We know Dzogchen teachings by words

- Do you think it could maybe expressed by something else than words? :)

Best wishes
KY
muni

Post by muni »

"Action" is spontaneous for self/others. Mirror don't discriminate; there are not such thoughts, as free from fixation. Clear and aware wisdom never ceases and distinctly shines.

editing to add: =mirrorlike wisdom.

Nondual: inexpressible.
Last edited by muni on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”