Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:54 pm 

I dont remember which thread it was on but I do remember someone saying that there is a long life prayer for ChNN. If anyone has it and could post it I would be very appreciative.

"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 am 

Ditto.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:05 am 

It does exist a Long Life Invocation for all masters in the "Tun" booklet ...

Sönam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 pm 

As Sonam says, there is a long life invocation for the masters in the Tun book. Rinpoche has said that he would rather his students use this rather than any long life prayer said directly for him and has said that its his feeling that if his students do their practices seriously then he will have a long life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 pm 

Gotcha.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm 

Cool

"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm 

I've seen at least two shab-tens for ChNNR. The one I use on a daily basis is:

By the blessing power of the Three Jewels and all of the mandalas in one
And by that of the Three Roots and the ocean of Dharmapalas,
May the lotus feet of the tamers of beings, Namkhai Norbu, be secure
And may His great aim for the Teaching and beings be accomplished without obstacles.

As for a general long-life prayer for all Gurus together, I like this one written by the previous Dzongsar Khyentse:

Om Swasti
The primordial, all-pervasive nature of mind is beyond the changes of birth and death.
By this truth, may the lives of the non-sectarian protectors of the Teaching and beings remain steaqdfast,
And, by means of the unceasing ornament of the five times five aspects of Your Buddha activity,
May You shake all beings from the ocean of samsara.

I was taught that saying long-life prayers for the Gurus not only extends Their lives in this world but also extends the life of the person who says them. With my Root Guru, we never did any beneficial action no matter how small without 1) dedicating the merit, 2) saying the Teachers' shab-tens, and 3) saying at least a couple-few general aspiration prayers. Sometimes this felt very repetitive and pro forma. However, I have to say, that this practice has stood me in good stead these last four decades and more. In fact, I find myself saying more and more mon-lam, not less and less. But then that's just me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:22 pm 

pemachophel wrote:

And may His great aim for the Teaching and beings be accomplished without obstacles.

Thanks a lot for sharing! Do you know what is the source of it? And do you still remember the other one too hehe?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm 

pemachophel wrote:

As for a general long-life prayer for all Gurus together, I like this one written by the previous Dzongsar Khyentse:

Om Swasti
The primordial, all-pervasive nature of mind is beyond the changes of birth and death.
By this truth, may the lives of the non-sectarian protectors of the Teaching and beings remain steaqdfast,
And, by means of the unceasing ornament of the five times five aspects of Your Buddha activity,
May You shake all beings from the ocean of samsara.

I was taught that saying long-life prayers for the Gurus not only extends Their lives in this world but also extends the life of the person who says them. With my Root Guru, we never did any beneficial action no matter how small without 1) dedicating the merit, 2) saying the Teachers' shab-tens, and 3) saying at least a couple-few general aspiration prayers. Sometimes this felt very repetitive and pro forma. However, I have to say, that this practice has stood me in good stead these last four decades and more. In fact, I find myself saying more and more mon-lam, not less and less. But then that's just me.

Excellent post by excellent practitioner benefiting beings constantly too.

Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 pm 

I do have a long life prayer for ChNN from one lama, if I remeber from some himalayan monastery in Nepal. Tomorrow I will scan it and post it here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm 

see attachment:

Attachments:
1_001.jpg
1_001.jpg [ 292.95 KiB | Viewed 589 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 am 

Thanks Gyalpo!