H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama and his eventual successors

dzoki

Re: H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama and his eventual successors

Post by dzoki »

conebeckham wrote:Agreed. I hope the Tibetan Community in exile can successfully transition to a true democratic process. HH Gyalwa Karmapa has made it clear that he is not interested in a politcal role, and I think HHDl's recent position statements clearly indicate that, even if there is a 15th DL, he will likely not be primarily a political figure.
I think it is best for us that HH. Dalailama continues just as a spiritual teacher in both this and the next lives. For example, when he comes to my region, large portion of his time is taken by negotiations and meetings with local politians and so no Dharma teachings are given, just a general public talk. Of course this is also due to our karma, because HH. Dalailama does give teachings, when he comes elsewhere, but his position and occupations are also a condition adding to this. Another thing is how this will influence situation of Tibet. Lets hope that health of His Holiness remains good and his life stable.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

May His Holiness the Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso live long, and continue to benefit all beings.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
caveman

Post by caveman »

The sad thing in all this will be the simple fact that TWO Dalai Lamas will be the 14th's successors.

We know that there will be the Chinese Dalai Lama and the OTHER Dalai Lama.

It would not surprise me to see the Chinese Dalai Lama traveling around the world surrounded by his Chinese mentors.

Two Dalai Lamas, very very sad.
:crazy:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Nice of you to predict the future, Caveman. I wouldn't be sure about that.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
caveman

Post by caveman »

conebeckham wrote:Nice of you to predict the future, Caveman. I wouldn't be sure about that.
The Chinese government has already said that they would find the next incarnation of the Dalai Lama in China.

They will use the golden urn method to select him.

I really don't want to see this happen but I truly fear it will happen.
:namaste:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Well, it won't mean much, regardless. No one outside of the mainland PRC takes their Panchen Lama seriously, right? HDDL is a much bigger figure on the world stage--it may actually backfire on them, in a spectacular way. Who knows? Not I. I will watch. :popcorn:

Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

caveman wrote:
conebeckham wrote:Nice of you to predict the future, Caveman. I wouldn't be sure about that.
The Chinese government has already said that they would find the next incarnation of the Dalai Lama in China.

They will use the golden urn method to select him.

I really don't want to see this happen but I truly fear it will happen.
:namaste:
That means nothing to Buddhists who trust HH, the whole of the TB community.
We don't give a flying f*** about who the Chinese decide to choose.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

When does this politic, diplomacy and strategy stop / end ?

We saw it already before 1959 happening and also after 1959 in the west.
Karma = karma
Sometimes the seeds start to bloom

I realy hope so that the expensive lesson(s) of the exodus will lead to more activities within the Lha Kang than in the government, the place where monks belong.
Therefore H.H. the Gyalwa Karmapa 17, tells us the truth not to be busy with worldly affairs (counting for monks and non - monks) and that is acting according the vision of Buddha Shakyamuni, who did exchange the role of a prince for something better.

All in all do i admire H.H. the Gyalwa Karmapa 17 for his high degree of Wisdom. He knows what is better and His Holiness does it better! :D

That new breeze do we all need in the world after 1959 and we did learn about "our" historical lessons very well, i hope so..........

Best wishes
KY
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Gelug”