Prayer To Achieve The Rainbow Body

phantom59

Prayer To Achieve The Rainbow Body

Post by phantom59 »

OM AH HUNG Kuntuzangpo (Dharmakaya-Samantabadra), who resides in the Palace of Great Bliss within the Dharmadhatu, pure from the very beginning, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the gathering of the three roots (Guru, Yidam & Dakini), the 100 peaceful and wrathful deities (Sambhogakaya - Shithro Lhatsho), who reside in the Palace which radiates with the five lights within the spontaneously encompassing Purelands, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the Noble Padma Thod Tring (Nirmanakaya - Guru Padmasambhava) who
resides in the pure, self-illuminated Palace within the Pureland (Copper Mountain) of all-encompassing compassion; with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Prince Mutik Tsepola, residing in the Palace above Samye in the spontaneously unchanged Pureland, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Noble Natsok Rangtrol who resides in the self manifested Palace at the summit of the Blissful Pureland, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the incomparable Chögyal Phuntsog who resides in the center of a Palace in which appears myriad Dharmadhatu Purelands, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the great accomplished Mangyay Tsenchen, who resides in the Palace of knowledge of the essence of all things within the Pureland of boundless samsara and nirvana, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

Dharmadhatu all-encompassing space self-liberated wisdom sun fortunate blessing blossom to make to Noble Konchog Ratna with great longing I pray,please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Rigdzin Chokyi Dragpa (Drikung Dharmakirti) who resides in the Palace where all appearances are liberated in the Pureland of the self-awareness, which dispels mistaken view, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Konchog Trinlay Namgyal who resides in the self manifested Palace whose nature is of emptiness within the Pureland of great spontaneous bliss, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Konchog Trinlay Zangpo, residing in the Palace where the four kayas
manifest within the Pureland, which fully realizes the Four Spontaneous Visions with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Dondrup Chokyi Gyalpo residing in the Palace of unchanged great bliss within the Pureland of uncontrived simplicity, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Konchog Tenzin Drodul who resides in the heart of Kuntuzangpo’s Palace within the Pureland of boundless wisdom, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Garchen Dharma Surya, who resides in the Palace of Jangchub Dorje within the Pureland of spontaneous wisdom, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Tenzin Chokyi Nyima, who resides in the Palace of great blissful wisdom within the stainless Dharmadhatu Pureland, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the Noble Padmey Gyaltsen, who resides in the Palace of the Youthful Vase Body within the Pureland of the Four Spontaneous Visions Beyond Mind, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Chokyi Gyaltsen, form of the Nirmanakaya, who resides in the unobstructed Sambhogakaya Palace within the Pureland of the unborn Dharmakaya, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the incomparable Tenzin Jangchub, who holds the profound secret treasury of the spontaneously vast and self-illuminating Dzogchen, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Rinchen Tenpay Tsegyin whose original purity is as vast as space; the Great Protector benefiting beings, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the great Guru Nyima, who abides in the Pureland of uncontaminated
emptiness, and who is inseparable from the original purity of the Great Protector, Kuntuzangpo, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Garchen Tenpay Dzejyin, inseparable from the original purity of Kuntuzangpo, abiding in the Pureland of all-encompassing apparent phenomena, With great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Ögyan Nüden Dorje, inseparable from Kuntuzangpo, abiding in the spontaneously unobstructed palace within the Pureland of deep awareness, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the all-knowing Chokyi Lodro, abiding in the palace of blissful selfawareness,within the Pureland of the true nature of mind itself, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To the self-liberated Shiway Lodro abiding in the Palace of spontaneous transcendence (Tödgal) which cuts through attachment (Trekchö), with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

To Noble Dharmakara (Chungstang) abiding in the Pureland of apparent
phenomena where the constituent aggregates are transformed into the form of the deity, with great longing I pray, please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.
Aemilius

Re: Prayer To Achieve The Rainbow Body

Post by Aemilius »

What will you do then? ( when you have achieved it)
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

He will increase immensely his possibilities to help sentient beings.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

who wrote it ?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sönam wrote:who wrote it ?

Sönam

It is part of the Yangzab Dzogchen Ngondro practice. It is from Drikung Kagyu.

N
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

thank you !
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Dechen Norbu wrote:He will increase immensely his possibilities to help sentient beings.
Can you give us some details ?
svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

There are good books about it, if you are really interested.

edit:
I answer you like this because you've said in another thread that you feel like reverting to true atheism or something and the way you started your participation in this thread doesn't show curiosity or interest, but criticism. Isn't it you who think that the rainbow body is a sociological phenomena or something? So I won't waste my time. If you are interested, knowledge about this can be found in good books.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Dechen Norbu wrote:There are good books about it, if you are really interested.

edit:
I answer you like this because you've said in another thread that you feel like reverting to true atheism or something and the way you started your participation in this thread doesn't show curiosity or interest, but criticism. Isn't it you who think that the rainbow body is a sociological phenomena or something? So I won't waste my time. If you are interested, knowledge about this can be found in good books.

By "a sociological phenomenon" I mean what I think should be straight forward Dharma, i.e. that every phenomenon that is perceived is dependent on the perceiver, or a group of perceivers. This applies to the rainbow body too, and this view doesn't contradict the basic Mahayana Dharma in any way.
I was interested to know what ideas you have about the rainbow body, and what kind of teachings there generally are about it?
svaha
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Aemilius wrote:
Dechen Norbu wrote:There are good books about it, if you are really interested.

edit:

By "a sociological phenomenon" I mean what I think should be straight forward Dharma, i.e. that every phenomenon that is perceived is dependent on the perceiver, or a group of perceivers. This applies to the rainbow body too, and this view doesn't contradict the basic Mahayana Dharma in any way.
I was interested to know what ideas you have about the rainbow body, and what kind of teachings there generally are about it?
If you consider seeing a river, a rock or a person as sociological phenomena, I can live with that definition. Otherwise it's just a polite way of calling it a superstition.
As I said, there are good books that focus the rainbow body.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Can you help me to decode (understand) the following verse :

Dharmadhatu all-encompassing space self-liberated wisdom sun fortunate blessing blossom to make to Noble Konchog Ratna with great longing I pray,please grant me blessings so that I may achieve the rainbow body.

I feel some coma are missing, but ... ?

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sönam wrote:Can you help me to decode (understand) the following verse :

I feel some coma are missing, but ... ?

Sönam
nobody has an idea about what this sentence is so doing in the middle of that aspiration prayer ?

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

It seems similar to the others preceding and after, praising a great being (Noble Konchog Ratna in this line) and asking for blessing so that rainbow body can be achieved.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dechen Norbu wrote:It seems similar to the others preceding and after, praising a great being (Noble Konchog Ratna in this line) and asking for blessing so that rainbow body can be achieved.
ok, but I certainly reached a high level of ignorance because I can't give a sens to that sentence, also of course I know the words ...

Dharmadhatu all-encompassing space self-liberated wisdom sun fortunate blessing blossom

thank you anyway ...
Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
heart

Post by heart »

Sönam wrote:
Dechen Norbu wrote:It seems similar to the others preceding and after, praising a great being (Noble Konchog Ratna in this line) and asking for blessing so that rainbow body can be achieved.
ok, but I certainly reached a high level of ignorance because I can't give a sens to that sentence, also of course I know the words ...

Dharmadhatu all-encompassing space self-liberated wisdom sun fortunate blessing blossom

thank you anyway ...
Sönam
I agree Sönam, make no sense.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Thank you magnus for your compassion :smile: ... so now I'm not alone in that vaste space of high ignorance.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
KoolAid900

Post by KoolAid900 »

Does anybody know where a tanghka or image for the visualization of this practice could be found (i.e. vis for Yangzab ngondro Guru Yoga) Thanks!
Drikung_Dzogchen

Post by Drikung_Dzogchen »

You can find the Yangzab refuge field on Facebook at the Yangzab Dzogchen Treasure Teachings page or the Drikung Dzogchen Community Vermont Facebook page. I am also happy to email you a high resolution version.

Return to “Nyingma”