orgyen jigmed

A Long Life Prayer for Kyabje Chadral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

Post by orgyen jigmed »

A Long Life Prayer for Kyabje Chadral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

"By the compassion and power of aspirations of the Guru of Uddiyana

(Guru Padmasambhava) and his retinue (twenty-five close disciples),

Intentionally born as you, Sangye Dorje, the great Hero,

May your lotus Feet be firm for hundreds of aeons,

And may your great waves of taming beings and of enlightened activities exapand and flourish!"

Written by Kyabje Chadral Rinpoche himself at the request of Wangchen Palmo.

(Reproduced from the Light of Lotus (June 2000). Dudjom Buddhist Association International Limited.
Issue No. 3, page 42).
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
gnegirl

Re: A Long Life Prayer for Kyabje Chadral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

Post by gnegirl »

:anjali:
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
muni

Post by muni »

Ösel

Post by Ösel »

Ditthe ditthamattam sute sutamattam mute muta mattam vinnate vinnata mattam
orgyen jigmed

Post by orgyen jigmed »

Today, the 10 day of the month - Guru Rinpoche day - is the birthday of our Grandfather teacher, Kyabje Chadral Sange Dorje Rinpoche, who has reached the auspicious age 100 years! Although I have no ways of knowing about his achievements and realizations, and little do I know about the details of his secret life, few would disagree, that Kyabje Chadral Sange Dorje Rinpoche has been an exemplary inspiration in the lives of most Nyingmapas, and continues to be a shower of blessings to many.

May we kindly remember him in our prayers, and dedicate the merit of our practice for his long life. May he live long and continuously dwell in the lotus seat in our hearts; May he look upon us and care for us with his great kindness; May we actualise his body, speech and mind, and may our realization become equal to his.

Last edited by orgyen jigmed on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
heart

Post by heart »

orgyen jigmed wrote:Today, the 10 day of the month - Guru Rinpoche day - is the birthday of our Grandfather teacher, Kyabje Chadral Sange Dorje Rinpoche, who has reached the auspicious age 100 years! Although I have no ways of knowing about his achievements and realizations, and little do I know about the details of his secret life, few would disagree, that Kyabje Chadral Sange Dorje Rinpoche has been a wealth of exemplary inspiration in the lives of most Nyingmapas, and continues to be a shower of blessings to many.

May we kindly remember him in our prayers, and dedicate the merit of our practice for his long life. May he live long and continuously dwell in the lotus sweat in our hearts; May he look upon us and care for us with his great kindness; May we actualise his body, speech and mind, and may our realization become equal to his.

:good: :anjali:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”