Agar 35 - strongest stress reliever?

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
padma norbu

Agar 35 - strongest stress reliever?

Post by padma norbu »

I got 2 different pills a while back and just started taking them. "Happiness of Mind" is one pill (for daytime) and Agar-35 is the other pill (for night time).

I had to leave work early due to stress today and decided to take some Agar-35 when I got home. It seemed to calm me down before I even finished the cup. So, now I guess I am a real believer. What I want to know is if this is the strongest stress-reliever in Tibetan medicine. It seems to be more popular than "Happiness of Mind" because I can find a lot of places online that sell Agar-35. I'd like to have the strongest stuff possible to keep at work so that maybe next time I don't have to go home early. It would also be grand if there was something I didn't have to soak in boiling water for 15 minutes and then scoop out and pulverize in a mortar and pestle and then scrape back in, mix up and end up with a very dirty-looking mouth, since this isn't super convenient in an office environment... but, if it's all there is (as opposed to teas or pills you swallow), then it'll do.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Agar 35 - strongest stress reliever?

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

I can't answer your question, but I can say that I've also had great experience with using Mentseekhang's Sorig brand of products that calm lung, including their lung tea, lung incense, and the lung pacifying massage oil. You could use the tea at work, although the instructions suggest that one wait til one gets home and can drink the tea and relax, rather than in the middle of stressful work situations. I think it's kind of the same with agar 35, but Namdrol can say for sure. But anyway, I've been using the tea, incense, and massage oil over the last month, and my energy feels much more balanced and relaxed and my practice has really been enhanced.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

padma norbu wrote:I got 2 different pills a while back and just started taking them. "Happiness of Mind" is one pill (for daytime) and Agar-35 is the other pill (for night time).

I had to leave work early due to stress today and decided to take some Agar-35 when I got home. It seemed to calm me down before I even finished the cup. So, now I guess I am a real believer. What I want to know is if this is the strongest stress-reliever in Tibetan medicine. It seems to be more popular than "Happiness of Mind" because I can find a lot of places online that sell Agar-35. I'd like to have the strongest stuff possible to keep at work so that maybe next time I don't have to go home early. It would also be grand if there was something I didn't have to soak in boiling water for 15 minutes and then scoop out and pulverize in a mortar and pestle and then scrape back in, mix up and end up with a very dirty-looking mouth, since this isn't super convenient in an office environment... but, if it's all there is (as opposed to teas or pills you swallow), then it'll do.

"Strongest" is not how you approach Tibetan herbs. You approach herbs, any herbs, based on your humoral imbalance and what is appropriate for that.
The Ticking Man

Post by The Ticking Man »

I have to take warfarin (coumadin) everyday to prevent blood clots due to my mechanical heart valve. I am interested in taking something like Agar-35 for occasional anxiety, will Agar-35 interact with my warfarin? Besides taking warfarin due to my mechanical heart valve, I am in good health and take no other medications.

Also, where would be the best place to purchase Agar-35 or something similar to it online ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Ticking Man wrote:I have to take warfarin (coumadin) everyday to prevent blood clots due to my mechanical heart valve. I am interested in taking something like Agar-35 for occasional anxiety, will Agar-35 interact with my warfarin? Besides taking warfarin due to my mechanical heart valve, I am in good health and take no other medications.

Also, where would be the best place to purchase Agar-35 or something similar to it online ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/406896_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would be better off receiving massages for your anxiety on a regular basis, IMO.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

I've gotten to the point that I don't know what to do anymore. So, "strongest" is the appropriate word choice for my outlook. I don't want to become medicated on Zoloft or Lexapro or Paxil or any of that junk because I've read about it plenty and I know it just screws you up worse.

I am surrounded by pressure on every side and have no real way out of my situation other than to get a divorce, quit my job and move somewhere cheap and get a job flipping burgers or something. I feel much like Bartleby at this point.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”