"Everything is perfect"

Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: "Everything is perfect"

Postby Grigoris » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 am

All of this is a consequence of trying to develop non-dual vision (ie realise emptiness) without a fully developed notion of bodhicitta/boundless compassion.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 pm

"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Paul

Postby Paul » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Grigoris
Former staff member

Postby Grigoris » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm

I disagree. Relative truth is a form of truth AS WELL! Suffering, at the relative level, exists. Those suffering and those perpetuating the suffering also (at the relative level) exist. Ultimate truth does not completely invalidate relative truth, otherwise alll that fanciful talk about karma would mean NOTHING (ie we would fall into nihilism). Consider the unbearable suffering of the individual that produced the "literature" you took such a dislike to. Consider that they are suffering now and consider how much they will suffer in the future. Now consider the suffering of the victim that arose as a consequence of the perpertrators actions. Is there any real difference in their suffering? Is there any real reason you should feel compassion for one and not the other?

What can you learn about yourself as a consequence of the actions of the perpertrator? How can their actions be a springboard for you to develop and thus alleviate/erradicate the suffering of all sentient beings?

Now everything is perfect!
:namaste:

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Last edited by padma norbu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Last edited by padma norbu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:09 pm

adinatha

Postby adinatha » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:42 pm

All phenomena have the same taste is the meaning of "everything is fine," samantabhadra.
CAW!

adinatha

Postby adinatha » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 pm

CAW!

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Man, the daily grind I ignorantly perceive sure is the pits, though. I can see why people go sit in a cave and give others the advice to isolate yourself from humanity. The beauty of Dzogchen practices and Vajrayana is that we are supposed to be able to perform our work while functioning in society, but quite often that's pretty difficult. It is much easier for me to remember "everything is fine" rather than "everything is perfect" when I experience a daily existence of "I can just barely tolerate this bullshit."

PadmaVonSamba

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

How about: "everything is everything"
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Postby Grigoris » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Vajrahridaya

Postby Vajrahridaya » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 am

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 am

Last edited by padma norbu on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 am

PadmaVonSamba

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:48 am

The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 am

Well, I know I started this thread and everything, but I just wanted to let everyone know I'm done with it at this point. Maybe it will help someone else in the future. :thanks:

PadmaVonSamba

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:58 am

gone! gone! gone beyond! :rolling:

Heruka

Postby Heruka » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:46 am

its all too much......how can it be.... there must be a glitch...cannot let go.....doubt...

and so on.

Return to “Dzogchen”