lower back pain

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
florin

lower back pain

Post by florin »

About twice a year i experience severe lower back pain ,pain that it is so severe that i am imobilized in bed.When in bed there is no pain...

This pain shoots down the leg ,on the extremities and sometime on the front part of the legs..

When this happens i go and see an osteopath and that seems to fix it...They think its a mechanical problem and related to stress also..

I would like to know if there is a remedy from the tibetan medicine perspective for this problem and whether can be treated ?

Is this an energy imbalance, or spirit possession...i would be curios to know?

Thanks..
kalden yungdrung

Re: lower back pain

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek, :)

Regarding lower back pain.

- Do you have night swetting?
- Can you easy fall asleep?
- Do you wake up during your sleep?
- Do you experience cold during the day time?
- Do you prefer a salty taste?
- How long is this lower back pain ? more or less than a year?
- Do you take medicines?

Best wishes
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
florin

Post by florin »

Hi Kalden

I do not experience any night sweating and i easily fall asleep.
The only thing i consider a bit weird about my sleep is the fact that nearly every morning-for quite a few years-around 4 or 5 o'clock i begin to feel extremely restless -it is like having a very strange intense energy in my body.... Otherwise my sleep is fine and i do not wake up during night..
I do not feel cold during daytime and i prefer food moderately salty in other words i do not like foods which are very salty...

This back pain i had it on and off for over 15 years...but only in the last 4 years started to appear with much more regularity .I had this pain ,maybe twice a year for the past 4 years.

As for the medicines i rarely take any .As i mentioned in my previous message the osteopathic treatment seems to fix ...momentarily..
But i would like a treatment or something which would fix the problem forever....if such thing exists...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:About twice a year i experience severe lower back pain ,pain that it is so severe that i am imobilized in bed.When in bed there is no pain...

This pain shoots down the leg ,on the extremities and sometime on the front part of the legs..

When this happens i go and see an osteopath and that seems to fix it...They think its a mechanical problem and related to stress also..

I would like to know if there is a remedy from the tibetan medicine perspective for this problem and whether can be treated ?

Is this an energy imbalance, or spirit possession...i would be curios to know?

Thanks..

Do you have a lower back injury?
florin

Post by florin »

I have no back injury...

The pain usually occurs when i bend in particular way and then i get stuck .It is a very sharp pain .Is so sharp that i cannot stand straight and i usually let myself fall...I cannot really say with accuracy what sort of bending causes it...because it is a little different every time..it could be forward...on one side...etc..
And Is not related to physical work....heavy lifting...etc...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:I have no back injury...

The pain usually occurs when i bend in particular way and then i get stuck .It is a very sharp pain .Is so sharp that i cannot stand straight and i usually let myself fall...I cannot really say with accuracy what sort of bending causes it...because it is a little different every time..it could be forward...on one side...etc..
And Is not related to physical work....heavy lifting...etc...

Is it in lower back?
florin

Post by florin »

it is in lower back ...yes...and it concentrates in the middle of the lower back...
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Polite reminder

This particular forum is specifically for those wishing to ask questions of a qualified Tibetan Medicine practitioner.

Please read the 'Guidelines'

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
rt
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:it is in lower back ...yes...and it concentrates in the middle of the lower back...

Moxa, massage or acupucnture or a combination will help this.
florin

Post by florin »

thank you..
excellent

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”