Sechen Kongtrul Rinpoche

caveman

Sechen Kongtrul Rinpoche

Post by caveman »

Could anyone direct me to any teachings by Sechen Kongtrul Rinpoche?
:shrug:
Josef

Re: Sechen Kongtrul Rinpoche

Post by Josef »

I dont think there is much available. He does have a TBRC profile, although, Im not sure what is in there.
Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche might be a lama of interest for you though.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Ashocka

Post by Ashocka »

Chogyam Trungpa gave a series of 6 lectures on Jamgon Kongtrul of Shechen which I found very inspiring. They should be available to purchase from the Vajradhatu Archives.

If there are works by him you could request those teachings from a Shechen lama, such as Changling Rinpoche who travels and teaches, (search for Lotus Speech websites).

Gesar Mukpo might also know of his predecessors works.

/geoff
udawa

Post by udawa »

Chogyam Trungpa gave a series of 6 lectures on Jamgon Kongtrul of Shechen which I found very inspiring. They should be available to purchase from the Vajradhatu Archives.
You can listen to the original talks on the Chronicles website http://www.chronicleproject.com/CTRlibr ... gtrul.html

Summary
In this extraordinary seminar, Chögyam Trungpa explores his intimate relationship with his root teacher, Jamgon Kongtrul of Shechen, and how this relates to the student teacher relationship in Buddhism altogether. He also talks about the first Jamgon Kongtrul, Jamgon Kongtrul the Great, and his approach to ecumenicism and the contemplative traditions in Buddhism. As with the approach of the newly published Mishap Lineage, (which is about the Trungpa Lineage) the tone of this seminar is highly personal and direct. The Vidyadhara stresses the contemplative tradition of Jamgon Kongtrul and the highly personal aspects of the teacher-student relationship as relevant to practitioners in the West.
Edwards: You are a philosopher. Dr Johnson: I have tried too in my time to be a philosopher; but, I don't know how, cheerfulness was always breaking in.
Ashocka

Post by Ashocka »

udawa wrote:
You can listen to the original talks on the Chronicles website http://www.chronicleproject.com/CTRlibr ... gtrul.html

Summary
In this extraordinary seminar, Chögyam Trungpa explores his intimate relationship with his root teacher, Jamgon Kongtrul of Shechen, and how this relates to the student teacher relationship in Buddhism altogether. He also talks about the first Jamgon Kongtrul, Jamgon Kongtrul the Great, and his approach to ecumenicism and the contemplative traditions in Buddhism. As with the approach of the newly published Mishap Lineage, (which is about the Trungpa Lineage) the tone of this seminar is highly personal and direct. The Vidyadhara stresses the contemplative tradition of Jamgon Kongtrul and the highly personal aspects of the teacher-student relationship as relevant to practitioners in the West.
:twothumbsup: :anjali:
heart

Post by heart »

Thanks udawa :twothumbsup:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”