Help Fund the Documentary on Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Mr. G

Help Fund the Documentary on Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Mr. G » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm

http://myreincarnationfilm.com/

As you know, MY REINCARNATION has begun to spread the crucial story of our Masters – Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and Khyentse Yeshe – to wide audiences everywhere. We could not have done it without all your support! But after 20 years of working by hook or by crook, the production is still 100K away from making it out into the world and another 40-70K to having a theatrical tour with Khyentse Yeshe in the USA this fall 2011.

In the spirit of Rinpoche, himself, we are launched a new funding campaign – called Kickstarter – with amazing thank you incentives to bridge the funding gap! These include T-shirts, pre-release DVDs, one-of-a-kind artwork and a compilation of never-before-released teachings that I filmed with Rinpoche.

You can find out more about this – as well as information about how to become a Producer on the film – on our new Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802 ... ncarnation

For pictures of gifts: http://myreincarnationfilm.com/kickstar ... ncentives/

Please consider donating. But if you find yourself unable to make a monetary contribution, consider joining us as an Outreach Partner and help us spread the word about our Kickstarter campaign to your friends and people everywhere. Link your personal or community site to it. Tell other Buddhist, spiritual, and Tibetan cultural groups about it. Tweet it. Facebook it. Sing it from the mountaintops. We need you now more than ever!

And more news: Now, during Rinpoche’s visit to Melbourne, Sydney, we are having a fantastic “Sneak Preview Fundraising Screening” of the film on March 8th at the Novo Cinema, Melbourne! Rinpoche himself will be doing press for the exciting Australian film festival release. Come to our screening!

And as part of our MR campaign to keep giving back to the community, we are continuing our OUTTAKES FROM THE FILM (O.F.F.) web series. Click below to see this sweet, new funny, O.F.F. 4: “I was a terrible child!” (1989) – where Rinpoche talks about growing up in Tibet.

Click here: http://myreincarnationfilm.com/press/video-clips/

It has been a long, 20-year journey and we are almost there!

In constant awe of your open-heartedness and generosity!

Love, Jennifer
--
Zohe Film Productions
116 Franklin Street
New York, NY 10013
Tel: +1-212-966-4427
Cel: +1-646-331-4427

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer Fox is an internationally acclaimed director, producer, camerawoman and educator. Her first film, BEIRUT: THE LAST HOME MOVIE, was broadcast in twenty countries, released theatrically in nine, and won seven international awards, including Best Documentary Film and Best Cinematography at the 1988 Sundance Film Festival. Her second film, AN AMERICAN LOVE STORY, screened at festivals internationally, including the Sundance and Berlin Film Festivals (1999) and aired in the USA nationally on PBS primetime. It received a Gracie Award for Best Television Series and was named ”One of the Top Ten Television Series of 1999” by The New York Times. She co-produced, directed and shot the six-part film, FLYING: CONFESSIONS OF A FREE WOMAN which premiered at the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam (IDFA) in 2006 and the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 and did a 20-city theatrical tour in North America before airing on the BBC, SVT, TV-2, YLE, SBS, and the Sundance Channel in 2008.

Mr. G

Re: Help Fund the Documentary on Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Mr. G » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

$34,989 raised so far!

:smile:

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:18 pm

$44,934 raised so far!

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Dechen Norbu

Postby Dechen Norbu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

:twothumbsup:

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 pm

phantom59

Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche : The Making of 'My Reincarnation'

Postby phantom59 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:31 pm

It was already common knowledge that Yeshi was the reincarnation of his father's uncle, a famous master who died at the hands of the Chinese. Knowing this, I started to imagine a father-son film where the son would wake up and recognize his reincarnation, return to Tibet and be enthroned in the monastery waiting for him. But when I told Yeshi of my filmmaking dream, he said I should forget it. He wanted nothing to do with this legacy. He was playing in a rock band and studying at the University.

I continued filming, but nothing happened and eventually I stopped traveling with Namkhai Norbu, put the footage aside, and made other films. Periodically I returned to record Rinpoche and Yeshi. Over a decade and a half went by and I was still filming my teacher, still waiting for a story to appear. Until slowly, I began to hear word that Yeshi's life was changing. He was flooded by visions of his past life .

The young woman in Munich wanted to understand what kept me filming all those years, when nothing was happening. I took a deep breath. I always feel that speaking to film students is different than speaking to a lay audience. I wanted to unpack the journey of making "My Reincarnation" in a way that would strip away the mystique, so she would have courage on her own filmmaking path. Here are the notes of what I said:

"My Reincarnation" was the film I was most afraid to make and tried to walk away from many times. Why? Because ...

How do you show the spiritual on film when it all happens inside the mind?
What was the story? There was no narrative for the first 18 years of shooting.
Most of the people in the film business rolled their eyes every time I said I was making a film about a Buddhist Teacher.

If I didn't handle the Teachings properly, the Buddhist students would be angry. But if I didn't figure out how to make the Teachings simple and accessible, no one would watch the film. I wasn't sure it was possible to satisfy both audiences in one film. I was bound to be crucified by somebody. This was going to be the film that would end my career because it didn't fit into the current craze for sexy, violent, political documentaries that is so prevalent.

Twenty-two years later, the reality looks totally different. Broadcasters will be airing the film internationally and festivals want it all over the world. There I was standing before this student with a successful film. It always seems easy when you see a finished product and all the problems have been solved. But the question for the young film student in front of me and for all of us is how to keep going in the face of all the obstacles life throws at you along the path?

Read more at :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer- ... =fb&src=sp

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sun May 29, 2011 3:39 am

Did anyone go to the prescreening at the Rubin Museum?
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Dechen Norbu

Postby Dechen Norbu » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 pm

:group:
This is marvelous.

Return to “Dzogchen”