Tibetan Buddhism...

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
dakini_boi

Re: Tibetan Buddhism...

Post by dakini_boi »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:Thank you dear dakini_boi _/\_

I feel like a gypsy wandering around without a home.....such a misfit. My teacher has moved far away...and I feel I have wandered away....funny how whatever your teacher does/you do. lol

You're welcome, of course!

I hope you're doing enough Guru Yoga! You can invoke the presence of your teacher any time. If you want inspiration, from a Nyingma perspective especially, I recommend Dilgo Khyentse's books The Wish-Fulfilling Jewel and Guru Yoga.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

dakini_boi wrote: I hope you're doing enough Guru Yoga! You can invoke the presence of your teacher any time. If you want inspiration, from a Nyingma perspective especially, I recommend Dilgo Khyentse's books The Wish-Fulfilling Jewel and Guru Yoga.

I have his book (Guru Yoga) :smile:
I'm wearing the blessing threads I recived at a(Guru Yoga) blessing/teaching a few years ago by him :
http://www.shedrub.org/teacherpage.php?tid=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i talk to my teacher regularly (via cell pnone) :smile:
I have also a gigantic Thangka of Padmasembhava my teacher gave me :smile:

i am bad with doing ritual practice though :(

I need to get back into it.....I need to connect with a Dharma center to motivate me more....
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Dhondrub wrote:

Just try to find out his adress. We`ll send the Dalai Lamas secret police. :guns:

lol...he lives in Austrailia...here's his Youtube channel (His name is Dan Rowden) : http://www.youtube.com/user/MenoftheFinite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is weird. That link took me to Kevin Solway's channel, an atheist fellow I have had more than a few arguments with on various Buddhist Boards. I searched but got zero results for "Rowden".
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
muni

Post by muni »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:HIM:

Tibet has a somewhat unique history in the overall tradition of Buddhism. It's not an especially positive one. I'm not aware of anything like Bon as an influence in any other Buddhist tradition. Loads of silly, superstitious nonsense. Mostly I find the Dalai Lama a huge irrelevance. It's just a shame that he's become such a powerful symbol for Buddhism in general in the eyes of the West. Things could have been better.

MY REPLY:

Bon is the native religion of Tibet . Buddhsim was imported from India . All countrys incorporate their native beliefes into whatever religion dominates, it helps to
assimulate the people into the transition. There is superstition in every religion, and in every Buddhist culture/country. Tibet was isolated from the world by it's geographical location...thats how it developed it's unique colorful style.

Tibet was invaded by China in the early '50's. It forced the people to spread out all over the world . Americans and other nationalities that are sympathetic to the cause of Tibet have embraced Tibetan Buddhism and the Dalai Lama out of compassion....causing Tibetan Buddhism to become popular in the West through political and spiritual motivation and sympathys.

There are many people (including myself), that have been enriched and inspired by Buddhism....it really doesn't matter what kind of Buddhist you are but what kind of heart you have.

What do you think ?
Superstitious nonsense: dreamlike creations by grasping mind to its projections and give these 'objects' colors based on that.
Tibetan Buddhism: to see what never has been created so.

It is possibly difficult to see through clinging preferences (seen as outerly-surface), the essence of Buddhism in not liking-methods-style.
Only by wisdom is dream visible.

Kunga: "it really doesn't matter what kind of Buddhist you are but what kind of heart you have". :thumbsup:
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA
deff

Post by deff »

http://www.youtube.com/MenoftheInfinite ... HY28q_PVEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this seems to be his arguments against tibetan buddhism ^
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Men of the Finite is Dan Rowden's channel.

Men of the Infinite is Kevin Solways' channel.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”