Hello rrom ronnewmexico

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hello rrom ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 pm

HI everyone. I see some familiar names here from past internet interludes and am glad to make reacquaintances.

As a point of introduction I am but a layperson with little understanding of things and a very basic practice. I do however spend much time at it and consider it a pursuit of most significance as my pursuits go. I have suceeded by my count in the things of this realm to the limited extent that I may suceed, and now devote my considerations, when not distracted, elsewhere. I seek no more of these things of this realm, such as wealth power or influence, but do require some continuances so I may go on with my practice and to attend to issues of karmic debt incurred by endeavoring in this lifetime, states such as that of a householder. But largly these things no longer interest me.

I have prior spent several years in attempts at service, to establish a base of karmic effect(and also to help peoples) from which I may progress in understanding. I now, excepting some select monetary and family responsibility necessity, attempt to endeavor in understanding of this thing with that as primary(though often distracted) focus.

Thank you all for your time devoted to reading this and any future posts I may make.

I do not consider myself any authority or source on what may be considered Buddhist, as my practice is in the main based on what I consider to be the rational and the study of such. Though I would not dispute others may consider this rational, belief. I do have however a base of formal structured past practice which includes formal ceremony and such. And I am not in this lifetime, new to this.

I participate (or do not participate), as a means to provide focus in particular areas of attention which may present. This to include subject materials and also the means of presentation of such materials, to include I and other relationship, the developement of concept and its presentation.

I consider my practice no more important nor true than any others practice. The evidenciary of a fortuitous practice being to my view singularly the growth of compassion. So personally I am but moderately successful. Certainly many many more have greater success.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: Hello rrom ronnewmexico

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:23 am

ronnewmexico wrote:As a point of introduction I am but a layperson with little understanding of things and a very basic practice. I do however spend much time at it and consider it a pursuit of most significance as my pursuits go. I have suceeded by my count in the things of this realm to the limited extent that I may suceed, and now devote my considerations, when not distracted, elsewhere. I seek no more of these things of this realm, such as wealth power or influence, but do require some continuances so I may go on with my practice and to attend to issues of karmic debt incurred by endeavoring in this lifetime, states such as that of a householder. But largly these things no longer interest me.

I have prior spent several years in attempts at service, to establish a base of karmic effect(and also to help peoples) from which I may progress in understanding. I now, excepting some select monetary and family responsibility necessity, attempt to endeavor in understanding of this thing with that as primary(though often distracted) focus.

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

The part you have quoted is a good philosophy and sounds similar to one of my all-time favorite movies:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Bucket_List
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 am

Thank you for your kind words.

I consider myself a success if during this lifetime I advance my compassion by the minutest of one ioata
I consider myself initially as a infant and young child not very compassionate at all. So success seems not that hard a task to endeavor.

So I do consider this lifetime to be one of complete success already.
The rest to follow....whatever spiritual accomplishment or enhancement of compassion beyond that point....its all gravy.
So like the characters in the bucket list..... though I may not have their degree of understanding I have arrived. Whatever else happens good bad to this thing called me, is inconsequential for the most part. Though I had seen the movie I had never thought of it from a Buddhist perspective. Thanks also for that insight. Their last task/experiuence was the coffee bucket on the mountain. My last task (to become more compassionate) is also my first.....so what's not to like. In between the tasks it seems is only as are the tasks themselves, to be understood. What motivated the tasks in the movie is seemingly very connected to the tasks themselves being of threat to self derived quite often. So threat to self as result had cause which produced threat to self as effect which brought as result no concern for threat to self. Which in one event produced understanding and life and another understanding but death. Ultimately both ending up in the same spot. Understanding self in prespective of importance, being not all that important in the totality of things, and thusly producing compassionate result.

And who could hope for more. To learn in one lifetime. Without such threat one like myself,(lacking many qualities) engages in simply endless pursuits of pleasure in godlike realms of self creation. To no result. Others may perhaps find great result in such circumstances, with no threat to self, I seemingly may not. Hence my particular choice of path.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:02 am

Greetings,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Thanks.

This seems like a very nice site with good moderation. Thank you all for providing it and the work that goes along to maintain it. It is a very good service you provide.
ronnewmexico

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome Ron!

:buddha2:
Luke

Return to Introductions