Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Pema Rigdzin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Is there a calendar of scheduled future open webcasts somewhere? I've tried to locate one before so I can make arrangements to participate, but I can't seem to find a schedule.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Is there a calendar of scheduled future open webcasts somewhere? I've tried to locate one before so I can make arrangements to participate, but I can't seem to find a schedule.

Webcast Team <[email protected]>

Write them and they will keep you up to date.

also see: http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next webcast begins May 14th. For those on the East Coast the US it will likely run most days @ 2:00 AM.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks!
Pero

Post by Pero »

Here is Rinpoche's schedule: http://www.dzogchen.it/CNN-shcedule_201105.pdf
And here is Merigar West's schedule where you can see what will be webcasted: http://www.dzogchen.it/calendario-mw-en_201104b.pdf
The webcast site (this: http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/) used to have the updates in the calendar but recently they've become pretty lax about it. Also I think it's better to look at the schedules I gave above if you want to plan in advance because the emails from the webcast team might not necessarily come in soon enough for you if you're very busy or something.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thanks a lot, Peter!
heart

Post by heart »

Anyone knows where ChNN normally teaches in Teneriffe?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Inge

Post by Inge »

Is it indispensable to attend a course to start learning Yantra Yoga, or is it possible to learn from the Yantra Yoga book?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I just saw a recent photo of Namkhai Nordu Rinpoche. He seems to have lost a lot of weight, something I think he mentioned in one of the recent retreats he's held. How is his health? He looked a lot better IMHO.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Pero

Post by Pero »

Inge wrote:Is it indispensable to attend a course to start learning Yantra Yoga, or is it possible to learn from the Yantra Yoga book?
If you can't attend a course, then I recommend you get the DVD on the 8 movements of Yantra Yoga. It's easier to learn from a video than a book. I think there shouldn't be any danger learning that from the video.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Inge

Post by Inge »

Pero wrote:
Inge wrote:Is it indispensable to attend a course to start learning Yantra Yoga, or is it possible to learn from the Yantra Yoga book?
If you can't attend a course, then I recommend you get the DVD on the 8 movements of Yantra Yoga. It's easier to learn from a video than a book. I think there shouldn't be any danger learning that from the video.
Good, I will try to do that. Thanks.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Just a quick question:

I sent an email last week to my local DC chapter about membership and the precious vase, but haven't received an answer yet. Does DC membership go through the local communities or do I have to send an email to an other higher gar?
I can't order the book until I am a member.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:Just a quick question:

I sent an email last week to my local DC chapter about membership and the precious vase, but haven't received an answer yet. Does DC membership go through the local communities or do I have to send an email to an other higher gar?
I can't order the book until I am a member.

Thanks,

If you are in US etc, you can become a member here:

http://Tsegyalgar.org/support/onlinemembership/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In Europe including UK:

http://www.dzogchen.it/registration/ind ... eg&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

In Europe, after filling that membership form online you will be sent to paypal. I tell you this so that you don't become surprised; there you will pay for your membership, so you need a paypal account or a credit card I believe. I don't know if there's another way.

It may also be good to write an e-mail to the Gar you'll be affiliated with and ask for your login data and DC card number.
They may advise you to ask for your login data (to see the replays of the webcasts) to the webcast crew.

It's also cool to subscribe norbunet mailing list to keep up to date with events.

If you are a new member, be sure to read the advantages offered, like being able to discount the price of your membership in the first retreat that year and so on. If you have financial possibilities, consider not doing this though (my personal opinion!), since the DC needs funds to realize its many merit worthy projects. But you can, and if this helps, why not? :smile:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

I would recommand to become a member in a community of your country. First time I became a member it was at a teachnig cession in spain ... and I did receive information on the spanish gar only ... not really usefull for me !

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thanks guys. Just paid the dues. Now contacting the websites.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:thumbsup:
Dorje63

Post by Dorje63 »

Thanks, everyone. :smile: I recently signed up for Tsegyalgar East email list and will join asap so that I may access the webcasts. In the interim, I'm reading Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State again. :thumbsup:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Dorje63 wrote:Thanks, everyone. :smile: I recently signed up for Tsegyalgar East email list and will join asap so that I may access the webcasts. In the interim, I'm reading Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected State again. :thumbsup:
Just an fyi, you can access the open webcasts while they're live even before becoming a member; also, if you're unable to pay the membership dues in one lump sum, you can make payments. Plus, for people who make under $1000 a month, a reduced annual membership of $70 is available if needed.
florin

Post by florin »

Could someone explain or give some details about Santi Maha Sangha Program?
There is not much detail out there about how one goes about joining,about whether you have to go to courses or learn it from books?

Are there exams to pass?
How many times a year...?
How much it costs?
Where..how.....etc...................and all that....

Thanks..

Return to “Dzogchen”