Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
SandalWood

Hello

Post by SandalWood »

My name is Tim and I'm 60 yrs old, married, almost retired, living in the USA. I've always had an interest in Buddhism and I started to read and even joined another Buddhist Forum (e-Sangha) but it went belly-up (or something) right after I joined. I thought it was my fault.

Anyway, just looking to learn a bit more.
ronnewmexico

Re: Hello

Post by ronnewmexico »

Last I heard it was your fault Tim.
People kept saying to me...someguy named Tim...it was him

And now :oops: You're here.....

Geeze Louise :smile:

Glad to meet ya.

I'm a professional retiree..having retired years ago from gainful employment, with intention to learn to do this thing right while in my prime.
So I did.

Keep in mind Tim.....retirement is after all a holiday....
phpBB [video]

quite extended.....
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
SandalWood

Post by SandalWood »

Thanks Ron.

I've been in New Mexico a few times: Albuquerque, Taos, up by Mt. Baldy. Beautiful country there.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

yes....very nice.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Return to “Introductions”