Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Malcolm

Re: Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
So, even just after today's teachings, if we become members of DC, we can start practicing the Semdzins, Lojongs and Rushens to take away all doubts?
You don't have to become a member of the DC to do that. But in general, yes, if you are interested you can buy books, and so on after becoming members of DC. Song of the Vajra, incidentally, is a perfect semzin. You should purchase precious vase, also there are short booklets that explain these things very well. Then you try to meet people who are nearby who are in DC and ask for their help in showing you how to do things, or you buy DVD's etc, for those practices in which you are interested.

Is that what you would recommend for someone who is still unsure about Rigpa?
Practice Guru yoga.

Do the booklets provide accurate enough descriptions of HOW to do them?
Yes.
For example, with the Guru Yoga of the white A, is there a special place on visualises the A or not at all? I didn't completely understand that.
Center of your body.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thank you! Chrystal clear as usual.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Namdrol,

Thanks for your message, I have replied.

stewart.
s.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

NN kept talking about secondary causes "refracted" through our crystalline "pure" nature giving rise to manifestations, but he did not give an example of what a secondary cause is. Can somebody furnish some examples?
Thank you!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

I'll take a soybean as an example. The soybean is a seed, this being the main cause. For the seed to germinate, it needs need water, soil, sunlight, air and son on. These are necessary secondary conditions. If these causes and conditions come together appropriately, the soybean can germinate, bloom, and produce fruit. Hence the fruit arises from causes, primary and secondary. If we were to store this soybean in a granary, it would always remain a seed because of the absence of the necessary external conditions. Now, you can extrapolate from this example. :-)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gregkavarnos wrote:NN kept talking about secondary causes "refracted" through our crystalline "pure" nature giving rise to manifestations, but he did not give an example of what a secondary cause is. Can somebody furnish some examples?
Thank you!

Everything belong to mind.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

So our "nature " is beyond mind or is it a level of mind like tthe alayavijnana?

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Beyond mind. :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gregkavarnos wrote:So our "nature " is beyond mind or is it a level of mind like tthe alayavijnana?
Beyond mind.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

That is why Rinpoche has been stressing that the space between thoughts is NOT Rigpa?

I liked the story about the students who had to search for the beginning, present, and end of the mind. Now, they couldn't find it, but the searcher itself is also still mind, right? One could go on forever to examine the searcher of the searcher, etc., so how does one solve that?
I guess that is the question, no?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:That is why Rinpoche has been stressing that the space between thoughts is NOT Rigpa?

Space between thoughts/concepts in not _dharmakāya_. It is just an experience of emptiness. Not same emptiness as dharmakāya.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Damn, now I am upset that I missed todays session! Well I missed the beginning and then when I tuned in it kept cutting out and not reloading! :tantrum:

Josef

Post by Josef »

gregkavarnos wrote:Damn, now I am upset that I missed todays session! Well I missed the beginning and then when I tuned in it kept cutting out and not reloading! :tantrum:
membership=replays
No more :tantrum:
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Nangwa wrote: No more :tantrum:
You aren't a member anymore or membership do not = replays anymore?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Clarence wrote:
Nangwa wrote: No more :tantrum:
You aren't a member anymore or membership do not = replays anymore?
haha sorry.
I was saying that if you are a member you get to watch replays and therefore you no longer have to feel like this: :tantrum:
Basically, if you are a member and the feed gets messed up or you have to go to the bathroom or whatever else might make you miss a detail in the teaching you can watch the replay later and make sure you are clear on the details.
I use the replay benefit all the time. Its really a great offering.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Post by Pero »

Nangwa wrote:Basically, if you are a member and the feed gets messed up or you have to go to the bathroom or whatever else might make you miss a detail in the teaching you can watch the replay later and make sure you are clear on the details.
I use the replay benefit all the time. Its really a great offering.
Yes but the problem is you don't get the transmission in that way...
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Yeah, I was gonna ask, can lungs and transmissions be replayed? It doesn't sound right. I mean giving transmissions over the internet is streching it far enough without geting them on replay, or a DVD purchased for $9.95!!!

Know what I mean?

PS As for this
Beyond mind.
This explains a lot (for me)! I will leave it at that. Thank you!

Pero

Post by Pero »

gregkavarnos wrote:Yeah, I was gonna ask, can lungs and transmissions be replayed? It doesn't sound right. I mean giving transmissions over the internet is streching it far enough without geting them on replay, or a DVD purchased for $9.95!!!

Know what I mean?
Not really hehe. What difference is there if he whispers into your ear, or if you sit 5 meters from the teacher, 50 meters from him or 500 kilometers from him?
And though I said you don't get transmission from replay, I'm not really sure about that in the case of lungs, sound is sound IMO. And I remember one time on E-Sangha that there was some mention of a teacher who said you can get his lung from CD too, I don't remember who it was though. In any case, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche doesn't seem to think you can get transmission from replay so you have to respect that.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:Yeah, I was gonna ask, can lungs and transmissions be replayed? It doesn't sound right. I mean giving transmissions over the internet is streching it far enough without geting them on replay, or a DVD purchased for $9.95!!!

Know what I mean?
Not really hehe. What difference is there if he whispers into your ear, or if you sit 5 meters from the teacher, 50 meters from him or 500 kilometers from him?
And though I said you don't get transmission from replay, I'm not really sure about that in the case of lungs, sound is sound IMO. And I remember one time on E-Sangha that there was some mention of a teacher who said you can get his lung from CD too, I don't remember who it was though. In any case, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche doesn't seem to think you can get transmission from replay so you have to respect that.
The lungs don't count either via replay.
In order for there to be lung or transmission there has to be the intent of the teacher give transmission and the intent of the student to receive transmission.
This has to occur simultaneously.
The replays are still an absolutely wonderful resource that we should take advantage of.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:And I remember one time on E-Sangha that there was some mention of a teacher who said you can get his lung from CD too, I don't remember who it was though.

Dodrupchen used to send tapes of lungs to his students in US.

Each master has different idea.

N

Return to “Europe”