Sutra on the Concentration of Sitting Meditation

Sutra on the Concentration of Sitting Meditation

Postby Will » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 pm

A small 88 page translation by Kumarajiva of a compilation of traditional meditations that lead to Arhat or Pratekyabuddha status, plus a second section of Mahayana meditations leading to Buddhahood. The first section has most of the passages sourced from Indian Sarvastivadins. The Mahayana section may have been written by Kumarajiva, for no sources are given. Done by Numata in 2009.
Last edited by Will on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Re: Sutra on the Concentration of Sitting Meditation

Postby pueraeternus » Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks Will - didn't know this was already out. Just ordered from Amazon.
If you believe certain words, you believe their hidden arguments. When you believe something is right or wrong, true of false, you believe the assumptions in the words which express the arguments. Such assumptions are often full of holes, but remain most precious to the convinced.

- The Open-Ended Proof from The Panoplia Prophetica
pueraeternus

Postby Nosta » Fri May 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Will wrote:A small 88 page translation by Kumarajiva of a compilation of Traditional meditations that lead to Arhat or Pratekyabuddha status, plus a second section of Mahayana meditations leading to Buddhahood. The first section has most of the passages sourced from Indian Sarvastivadins. The Mahayana section may have been written by Kumarajiva, for no sources are given. Done by Numata in 2009.

I am sorry about my ignorance, but where is the link to the book? I didnt understand correctly (maybe because of my english) if your intentions was just speak about the books (ie, make a small "review" of the books) of you really wanted to show us the book.

Sorry again and thanks for your clarification :)
Nosta

Postby Will » Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Nosta wrote:
Will wrote:A small 88 page translation by Kumarajiva of a compilation of Traditional meditations that lead to Arhat or Pratekyabuddha status, plus a second section of Mahayana meditations leading to Buddhahood. The first section has most of the passages sourced from Indian Sarvastivadins. The Mahayana section may have been written by Kumarajiva, for no sources are given. Done by Numata in 2009.

I am sorry about my ignorance, but where is the link to the book? I didnt understand correctly (maybe because of my english) if your intentions was just speak about the books (ie, make a small "review" of the books) of you really wanted to show us the book.

Sorry again and thanks for your clarification :)

Google Numata and/or the sutra title and you will find a link.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Nosta » Sat May 14, 2011 12:31 am

Oh ok, i understand now. :)

Thanks for the clarification. :)
Nosta

Postby Su DongPo » Sun May 15, 2011 11:41 am

Su DongPo

Postby Anders » Sun May 15, 2011 12:43 pm

anyone care to post a review?