CNN teaching Changchub Dorje's Medicine Terma

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

Just found out that Rinpoche will teach on Changchub Dorje's medicine terma from 5/2-5/6/2011. It is going on currently and will continue the next few days 2-4 pm GMT+8 time. Please attend if interested.
Pero

Re: CNN teaching Changchub Dorje's Medicine Terma

Post by Pero »

Rinpoche started giving the lung for the text and mantras on Monday already. I'm listening but for me personally I think it probably won't be very useful, as I have no clue about herbs and probably I won't be able to attend a Garuda initiation either.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

UPDATED SCHEDULE OF KUNSANGAR RETREAT
Moscow Time GMT+4

May 3
10:00 - 12:00 – Dzogchen Teaching
12:30 – 13:00 – Short Ganapuja

May 4

May 5
17.00 Ganapuja

May 6
Pero

Post by Pero »

Initiation and Instructions of Garuda (Changchub Dorje's terma) related to this will be in Merigar West from the 5th to the 12th of August.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

Wonderful! And a question to those who have attended; on the last day during lung, there were several last minute lung additions, one was for Orgyen Menla and Medicine Buddha, and one I wasn't sure seems to be for Sangye Seychig Gyud, can anyone confirm please?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

seraphim wrote:Wonderful! And a question to those who have attended; on the last day during lung, there were several last minute lung additions, one was for Orgyen Menla and Medicine Buddha, and one I wasn't sure seems to be for Sangye Seychig Gyud, can anyone confirm please?

it was the sras gcig pu rgyud tantra from Khandro Nyinthig/Gongpa Zangthal
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

Thank you Lopon!
Pero

Post by Pero »

Oh man, there was a also lung for a tantra on the last day? It was the only day I couldn't participate because of mandatory school obligations. :cry:

The Single Son Of The Buddhas is it? What is the content of this tantra?
It sounds very familiar, perhaps you quoted from it sometime Namdrol?
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
seraphim wrote:Wonderful! And a question to those who have attended; on the last day during lung, there were several last minute lung additions, one was for Orgyen Menla and Medicine Buddha, and one I wasn't sure seems to be for Sangye Seychig Gyud, can anyone confirm please?

it was the sras gcig pu rgyud tantra from Khandro Nyinthig/Gongpa Zangthal
Was that the tagdrol tantra Rinpoche mentioned? Wasn't it just some mantras to pronounce? Is there different tantras with the same name?
- Shabkar
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Pero wrote:Oh man, there was a also lung for a tantra on the last day? It was the only day I couldn't participate because of mandatory school obligations. :cry:
And this was the only day that I could participate coz I didn't have obligations (or more to the point: I reneged on all my obligations!) so I got the lung and not the explanation :rolling:

Anybody have any idea where can we can get a copy of the sadhana for the Orgyen Menla text and from which terton/terma it was from?

Thanks!
:namaste:
Last edited by Grigoris on Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Pero wrote:Oh man, there was a also lung for a tantra on the last day? It was the only day I couldn't participate because of mandatory school obligations. :cry:
And this was the only day that I could participate coz I didn't have obligations (or more to the point: I reneged on all my obligations!) so I got the lung and not the explanation :rolling:

Anybody have any idea where can we can get a copy of the sadhana for the Orgyen Menla text and from which terton/terma it was from?

Thanks!
:namaste:
You would have to write Shang Shung bookstore. This tradition comes from the termas of Ngari Panchen.

The tantra in question was quite short, six lines. No explanation.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

Copy of the Menla practice, along with the 25 Spaces of Kuntuzangpo, can actually be downloaded from the webcast page. :woohoo:
Pero

Post by Pero »

seraphim wrote:Copy of the Menla practice, along with the 25 Spaces of Kuntuzangpo, can actually be downloaded from the webcast page. :woohoo:
Actually, those aren't the 25 Spaces Rinpoche transmitted this time, those are the 25 Spaces from the Longsal cycle. What Rinpoche transmitted now was Changchub Dorje's terma, there's a CD and a book available on them at the SSI.
- Shabkar
Luke

Post by Luke »

Was Wolf Blitzer there? ...okay, bad joke. lol

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”