Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Clarence wrote:
So, even once one has become sure about what Rigpa is and is just working on stabilising that knowledge, nothing "cool" will happen?


What could be cooler than that? Everything else is just bells and whistles.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Josef » Mon May 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Clarence wrote:So, even once one has become sure about what Rigpa is and is just working on stabilising that knowledge, nothing "cool" will happen?
I think that is an important thing to realize then.

Something really cool does happen.
The three statements of Garab Dorje start to manifest in your experience.
Far cooler than visions of Yidams in my opinion.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Clarence » Mon May 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank you all. That is very clear. I really appreciate all the help. It is very inspiring.
Clarence
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Josef » Mon May 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Namdrol wrote:They are mostly being broadcast without restriction these days and if you become a member you can listen to replays.



This is key in my opinion.
Having access to the replays is incredibly valuable.
We are constantly listening to replays in my house.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Clarence » Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Sorry to ask something else, but this just came up from reading the thread again.

What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)
Clarence
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Josef » Mon May 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Clarence wrote:Sorry to ask something else, but this just came up from reading the thread again.

What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)

Rinpoche offers a ton of secondary practices.
Not to worry, mantra recitation etc. is included in the Thun.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Sönam » Mon May 09, 2011 5:02 pm

this is a great little thread ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
User avatar
Sönam
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Clarence wrote:
What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)



If you receive Dzogchen teachings and apply them, you will have nothing to worry about at death. I guarantee it, or money back.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby heart » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3121
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Josef » Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

heart wrote:To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus

Its not really advertising.
At this point people are sharing information and resources with those who are interested.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby tamdrin » Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:
What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)



If you receive Dzogchen teachings and apply them, you will have nothing to worry about at death. I guarantee it, or money back.



anyone can potential be reborn in the lower realms until you attain the patience level of the path of joining..
tamdrin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm

tamdrin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:
What happens if, after practicing until death, one still hasn't recognized diddly squat? Would it not have been better to practice the gradual path? At least one has some mantra accumulations to count on in the bardo. :-)



If you receive Dzogchen teachings and apply them, you will have nothing to worry about at death. I guarantee it, or money back.



anyone can potential be reborn in the lower realms until you attain the patience level of the path of joining..


That might be true in sutra, but it is not true in Dzogchen.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby tamdrin » Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 pm

oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind
tamdrin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Mr. G » Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 pm

heart wrote:To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?

/magnus


Hi magnus,

This thread isn't so much an "advertisement" as much as a space where students of Namkhai Norbu can discuss practices within their community and help other members. Threads of other communities and teachers are welcome as well.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

heart wrote:To be serious I am a bit surprised at this thread. I don't think ChNN needs so much advertisement, pretty sure he wouldn't like it. I wonder why you think it is important to do it?



Nonsense, ChNN likes advertising very much. I remember when I was president of Gakyil at Tsegyalgar, I said we must advertise transmission days. People said, oh no, ChNN wont' like that. So I wrote him, and he loved the idea. After that, membership in DC exploded.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:47 pm

tamdrin wrote:oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind



I am not really into using the teachings for proving and negating.Only for clarifying what is unclear in people's minds.

If you are interested you can listen to webcasts with ChNN.
Last edited by Malcolm on Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Josef » Mon May 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Namdrol wrote:
tamdrin wrote:oh yeah, then what does ati say about it?, lets see some convincing quotes if u don't mind



I am not really into using the teachings for proving and negating. If you are interested you can listen to webcast with ChNN. Only for clarifying what is unclear in people's minds.

If folks are interested:
During the April 30th webcast Rinpoche explained this principle quite clearly.
The replay is still available for members.
Last edited by Josef on Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby tamdrin » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

if you state that one can be liberated from possibility of rebirth in the lower realms other than the standard path it is realized on in sutra then I thought you could explain how this is.. It is not asking about arbitrary comparisons exactly..
tamdrin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Two things always cause arguments on Tibetan Buddhist boards:

1) Talking about the special features of Dzogchen not shared in other systems.
2) Talking about Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby Malcolm » Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm

tamdrin wrote:if you state that one can be liberated from possibility of rebirth in the lower realms other than the standard path it is realized on in sutra then I thought you could explain how this is.. It is not asking about arbitrary comparisons exactly..



Yes, but it involves discussing things connected with thögal and I would rather not do this publicly. Dzogchen cosmology is one thing, this is different.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sherlock and 15 guests

>