CHIKSHE KUNDROL

Grigoris
Former staff member

CHIKSHE KUNDROL

Post by Grigoris »

In October we will have the good karma to take part in a five day transmission/empowerment of the Chishe Kundrol here in Greece. The problem is that the only information I can find regarding this teaching(s) is: Chikshe-kundrol is a collection of some one hundred sadhanas of peaceful and wrathful deities, empowerment texts, and histories.

That's it!

Can anybody furnish any information with some details about what is included in the collection? We have to pre-book the "course" and since it will be in Athens it means I also have to organise transport and lodging so before going ahead with all the arrangements I want to know a little more about what it entails.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Dhondrub

Re: CHIKSHE KUNDROL

Post by Dhondrub »

It was composed by the ninth Karmapa Wangchuk Dorje. Many of the general empowerments often given from Kagyu Lamas are from this cycle.
Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche gave that circle in Germany in the eighties. Thats all I know about it.
If it is given by a Guru you want to strengthen Samaya with you should probaly go.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Dhondrub wrote:...Many of the general empowerments...
Like what for example?
Thanks!

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Like what for example?
Thanks!
If I remember right there is: f.e. Taras, forms of Manjushri and the other bodhisattvas but also Simhamuka Dakini and some form of Yamantaka.
But as said before its more than hundred empowerments.
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

Ok, I rechecked it is forty something wangs.

Here is a transcript of the teachings of Kyabje Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche talks in the course of him giving that cycle in Malaysia: http://site.karmakamtshangjb.com/main/1 ... geid=76810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best

tashi
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Dhondrub wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:
Like what for example?
Thanks!
If I remember right there is: f.e. Taras, forms of Manjushri and the other bodhisattvas but also Simhamuka Dakini and some form of Yamantaka.
But as said before its more than hundred empowerments.
For most part it´s lower tantra empowerments and sadhanas. A complete Chigshe in 5 days? AFAIK this is usually given over few weeks. Is that some abriged version?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I have the texts, and have received a few of the empowerments....basically, the texts give a framework for peaceful deity empowerments and practices, and another framework for wrathful ones....and then there are a whole bunch of different deities that are "inserted" ---with some variations, etc.

It's translated as "Knowing One Liberates All." These are mainly short Jenangs if I recall for a whole host of deity practices.

You can't get the whole thing in five days, for sure.

Some of the deities I recall are Sangdrup Tamdrin and maybe Black Hayagriva too, Sengedongma, Green Tara ( a few different ones, IIRC), Kurukulle, Namgyalma, Dukar, Sarvaswati, White Manjusri, Manjusri Maway Senge, Arapatsa Manjusri, Chenrezig, Namjompa ( a few different forms), Miyowa, Amritakundalin, Shemar, etc.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

conebeckham wrote: You can't get the whole thing in five days, for sure.
Aha ok, never had a fortune to receive it myself. I just heard from some people who have received it, that it lasted like two week, but pherhaps their master gave less empowerments during each day.
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

When Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche gave them in Germany 20 something years ago it took at least two weeks I think
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

It seems that it will be an abridged version, apparently they commonly leave out some of the wrathful protectors practices.

Hopefully I will have the time and money to be able to get the transmission!

Feel free to pray for me to have the positive circumstances to receive the blessing of the transmission! :smile:

lama yeshe

Post by lama yeshe »

hello,
actually we are organizing this great event with h.e. beru khyentse rinpoche in october. he will transmit the chikshe kundrul . He will do this during 7 full days , during which he will give about 4to5 initiations per day. The whole chikshe kundrul contains 44 initiations, some are the same deities from a different background or source, and some are not so important to be given at this moment. Rinpoche decided to give as many as possible during his stay. You will recieve a lot more info from us in the next few days. All your questions will be answered, i promise! Good luck Gegory , hope o see you at that time. Call me if you think i could help you out with something.
lama yeshe

Post by lama yeshe »

ps , to recieve the complete transmission it normally takes 9-10 days....

Return to “Kagyu”