Creating medicines and elixers

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.

Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Rael » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm curious.
In Holy Alchemy and the production of stones(elixirs and medicines) the alchemist imbues his lab work with his inner spirtual Alchemy work....not purposely mind you, it just seems to happen. which leads to a lot of other theories.

As above so below....

Producing medicines is an art for these people.
Each time one is produced it is never exactly the same .
they put it down to the Inner spiritual aspect of the Alchemist actually affecting the medicine produced.

How much of this is the same in Tibetan medicines and it's production of medicines and elixirs?
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Malcolm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:00 am

Rael wrote:How much of this is the same in Tibetan medicines and it's production of medicines and elixirs?


In Tibetan medicine, we use rites to empower the medicine. In general, making medicine itself is not regarded as a spiritual metaphor.

Being a doctor however is regarded as a deeply spiritual occupation. The best medicines come from those doctors with the best Buddhist practice.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Rael » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:29 am

Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:How much of this is the same in Tibetan medicines and it's production of medicines and elixirs?


In Tibetan medicine, we use rites to empower the medicine. In general, making medicine itself is not regarded as a spiritual metaphor.

Being a doctor however is regarded as a deeply spiritual occupation. The best medicines come from those doctors with the best Buddhist practice.

N

So It's basically the same Paradigm then.
The more advanced the Doctor or the Alchemist the more powerful the medicine or Stone.

The stones and elixirs in Alchemy are potent and powerful, not something like homeopathy.
ouch hope there are homeopathic docs around that can clarify...but i think you know what i'm implying.

they distill the essence of plants and dew and such.

I understand what you mean by spiritual metaphor and think you understand Alchemy.

The process of making them is incorporated with the Inner Alchemy which is quite similar as completion stage practices in Buddhism....I go as far as saying identical for they work with exactly the same body....

now in the actual making of your medicines do you combine the process with that path...

Alchemists don't use rites to empower them...the lab and the process is an extension of the Inner Work....
cheers
r
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Malcolm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Rael wrote:
now in the actual making of your medicines do you combine the process with that path...



No, only in the rite to empower medicines. The process of the rites of blessing medicines is part of the path.

Being a doctor itself is the path.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Rael » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:
now in the actual making of your medicines do you combine the process with that path...



No, only in the rite to empower medicines. The process of the rites of blessing medicines is part of the path.

Being a doctor itself is the path.

ok...
Alchemy is different then. But maybe not......

they(The Alchemist) are the medicine being produced in the sense that they imbue the process as they create the stones and elixirs.

Different Alchemists using same process and tried methods always end up with different quality...subtle as it may seem it is noticeable. and on the surface doesn't make sense....

I likened it to guitar playing....you take the same guitar and no two people can create the exact same sound....

hence Alchemy is an Art Form.

I think, and this could appear arrogant given the way we have been interacting you and I,(lol...come on it's human nature )((is that an ad hominim?)).....I think you do this without actually realizing you are doing it when making your medicines....maybe your rites are just focal moments for you....but when you are actually mixing the herbs and buying the herbs and storing the herbs and all you do around the herbs and plants you use......you are performing your art and like the Alchemist imbue it with everything you do.....

This is why i went a lil nutso on you in the meat eating thread.....look this is a community ...i have to bring it up......

i went a lil overboard but ...i talk in pictures not in words....(ripped from Peter Gabriel)..more ad hominms...I'm addicted to them sorry....i will weeen meself off...i promise Laura.....

I did that in that thread ..... for i accept you have come to terms with all things Maya......our arguments are not those of joe blow in the tavern....n'est pas?

they create energy and compose a new world order......

We are all buddhists...i don't look at you as devaddatta incarnate or something....

but I have strong views......eventually you will see I'm just a big huggy bear....all warm and fuzzy.....

I love Tibetan culture and all it did to compose a new world order.....



Laura..cut me some ad honimimin slack here.....please....

here have a bag of this :popcorn:

Namdrol i hope you let loose in this section with some secrets and medicines maybe we can all try out ourselves.....

We're all in this together...it's time for us to roll up our sleeves and make things happen.....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Malcolm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Rael wrote:Namdrol i hope you let loose in this section with some secrets and medicines maybe we can all try out ourselves.....
.




Like Ayurveda, the most important features of Tibetan Medicine are diet and lifestyle. There are secrets in Tibetan Medicine, but they are mostly related to creating mercury sulfide compounds. While the process is described in detail, still you need to have personal instruction. I know a couple of doctors who know how to make so called detoxified mercury, but it takes a long time and many people working together to do it safely.

You should examine David Gordon White's book on Indian Alchemy. You will find it interesting.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Rael » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:Namdrol i hope you let loose in this section with some secrets and medicines maybe we can all try out ourselves.....
.




Like Ayurveda, the most important features of Tibetan Medicine are diet and lifestyle. There are secrets in Tibetan Medicine, but they are mostly related to creating mercury sulfide compounds. While the process is described in detail, still you need to have personal instruction. I know a couple of doctors who know how to make so called detoxified mercury, but it takes a long time and many people working together to do it safely.

You should examine David Gordon White's book on Indian Alchemy. You will find it interesting.


Ta for the tip...

methinks if you show us your hand we will find you know about alchemy :smile:

there are mercury stones that some create ...the essence of mercury etc....yikes....but you can blow yourself up and the neighborhood trying to distill it....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby Malcolm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Rael wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:Namdrol i hope you let loose in this section with some secrets and medicines maybe we can all try out ourselves.....
.




Like Ayurveda, the most important features of Tibetan Medicine are diet and lifestyle. There are secrets in Tibetan Medicine, but they are mostly related to creating mercury sulfide compounds. While the process is described in detail, still you need to have personal instruction. I know a couple of doctors who know how to make so called detoxified mercury, but it takes a long time and many people working together to do it safely.

You should examine David Gordon White's book on Indian Alchemy. You will find it interesting.


Ta for the tip...

methinks if you show us your hand we will find you know about alchemy :smile:

there are mercury stones that some create ...the essence of mercury etc....yikes....but you can blow yourself up and the neighborhood trying to distill it....



I find things like Spagyrics interesting and plan on doing some elementary distillations of oil and hydrosols this summer. We can thank Jabir for inventing perfume, and you will be interested to learn there is a system of completion stage yoga which was brought to Tibet in the 16th century by one Vajranatha which claims to originate with Jabir.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Creating medicines and elixers

Postby username » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 am

Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm


Return to Tibetan Medicine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

>