Metabolic rate

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
User avatar
Indrajala
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Metabolic rate

Postby Indrajala » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.
tad etat sarvajñānaṃ karuṇāmūlaṃ bodhicittahetukam upāyaparyavasānam iti |
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog) Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog) Dharma Depository (Site)

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Malcolm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Indrajala
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Indrajala » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N


Is that generally okay for long-term health?
tad etat sarvajñānaṃ karuṇāmūlaṃ bodhicittahetukam upāyaparyavasānam iti |
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog) Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog) Dharma Depository (Site)

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Malcolm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Huseng wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N


Is that generally okay for long-term health?


Better to encourage your metabolism to be higher. Low metabolism leads to chronic cold diseases.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham


Return to “Tibetan Medicine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests