Metabolic rate

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.

Metabolic rate

Postby Indrajala » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Malcolm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12736
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Indrajala » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N


Is that generally okay for long-term health?
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Metabolic rate

Postby Malcolm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Huseng wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Huseng wrote:Namdrol, in Tibetan Medicine how is metabolic rate viewed? Is it better to have a low or high metabolic rate?

My resting metabolic rate is around 2011 calories per day, but even then I still think I require far less than that. I can put on weight very quickly. I don't really need much food to get by.


If you put on weight quickly, this means, from our point of view, your metabolism is low.

N


Is that generally okay for long-term health?


Better to encourage your metabolism to be higher. Low metabolism leads to chronic cold diseases.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12736
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am


Return to Tibetan Medicine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

>