Greetings to old friends and new

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Ben

Greetings to old friends and new

Post by Ben »

Hi all

Its Ben from Dhamma Wheel and originally Ben O'Loughlin from E-Sangha. For those who haven't met me, my story in the Dhamma began again when I took refuge for the first time on my 22nd birthday nearly 24 years ago under SN Goenka's assistant teachers Graham (deceased) and Anne Gambie. Back then, someone told me that it was on the anniversary of the full-moon night of the Buddha's enlightenment. My birthday falls around the time of Wesak and it may have been true. Since that time, I have continued to practice that peculiar form of Burmese Buddhism that has been propagated in the west as 'vipassana meditation' of and on for the last 24 years. Recently, more diligently and more seriously than at other times. Over 20 years ago I had the opportunity to sit and serve Mr Goenka both here in Australia and in India. Over the last five years, I have served a local community of co-practitioners in Central Victoria by hosting the weekly group sit. A few months ago I moved from Victoria to Tasmania where I am finding my feet again with employment and connecting with a local group of practitioners.
Over the last couple of years i feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve the global online sangha through moderating at e-Sangha and at Dhamma Wheel.
Apart from all things Dhamma related, I am married with one grown up and two young kids. My interests include hanging out with my family, practicing target archery with my boys (sometimes I would like to use them as targets!) and adopting 'retired' greyhounds.
That's it from me and i hope you find Dharma Wheel beneficial for your practice.
Metta

Ben
Keith__

Re: Greetings to old friends and new

Post by Keith__ »

Rock on Ben :)

I have a subtle sense of 'here we go again', but that's not a bad thing :)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Ben!

Let's make this a great forum, the way Dhamma Wheel has been so successful!
Luke

Post by Luke »

TheDhamma wrote:Hi Ben!

Let's make this a great forum, the way Dhamma Wheel has been so successful!
I second that. Welcome aboard Ben!

Look! The Dharma Wheel is in motion! Wheeee! :mrgreen:
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ben!

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

Hi, Ben. I knew you were a cool guy, but I didn't know you were a greyhound guy.

My wife will be happy to hear that. She is agitating for us to adopt one or more greyhounds. In fact, as I type this, she is lurking on a greyhound website, and interrupting me to show me the cute pics.

Om mani padme hum
Keith
Ben

Post by Ben »

That is great to hear Keith.
I've recently applied to be the adoption program coordinator for Tasmania and we're in the process of adopting another greyhound from interstate. Our much beloved Blaze, who we adopted seven years ago, passed away a month ago. We're adopting a red-brindle 'Queenie' like our other greyhound 'Red'. You can see Queenie here: http://www.greyhoundsafetynet.org/lookingforhomes.htm
If you would like more information on greyhounds or to chat with someone who has owned greyhounds for the last seven years, please feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to answer your questions and concerns.
Metta

Ben
riverside

Post by riverside »

Hello again, Ben!
am growing more amazed by the minute upon finding so many folk from e-sangha, great to find you again
do_not_zzz

Post by do_not_zzz »

Namaste, welcome Ben

-dnz

Return to “Introductions”