Moving on

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Moving on

Postby ground » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:53 am

It appears as if I had already left tibetan buddhism - at least to some degree. Now my tibetan buddhist friends have suggested to complete the leaving behind and sealed it. Thank you.
What a wonderful journey. It is good to move on and not settle down.

Kind regards
ground

Re: Moving on

Postby Sherab » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 am

Relax, don't take things too seriously. All the best.
Sherab

Postby plwk » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 am

The Triple Gem is your portion and heritage as a Buddhist, who dares ask you to leave it? :thinking:
plwk

Postby mindyourmind » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:13 am

TMingyur wrote:It appears as if I had already left tibetan buddhism - at least to some degree. Now my tibetan buddhist friends have suggested to complete the leaving behind and sealed it. Thank you.
What a wonderful journey. It is good to move on and not settle down.

Kind regards

All the very best on the journey :thumbsup:

If I may ask, are you staying with the Dharma?
As bad as bad becomes its not a part of you

Talk Talk
mindyourmind

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 pm

I hope that your decision to leave Tibetan Buddhism allows you to quickly achieve enlightenment and liberation.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Mr. G » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 pm

TMingyur wrote: Now my tibetan buddhist friends have suggested to complete the leaving behind and sealed it.

I think you misconstrued what was suggested. I think it's more of a proposal for you to abandon your cryptic doublespeak when discussing Dharma.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Josef » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Its impossible to move on from something that one has clearly never arrived at in the first place.
Josef

Postby conebeckham » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Needless drama.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby ground » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 am

A reminder: This is the section Personal experience.

plwk wrote:The Triple Gem is your portion and heritage as a Buddhist, who dares ask you to leave it? :thinking:

Through leaving behind what has to be left behind the Tripple Gem is found.

mindyourmind wrote:If I may ask, are you staying with the Dharma?

Of course. "Leaving behind" actually in this context means to return to the source. And this must not be interpreted to be a complete rejection of Mahayana either. Leaving "tibetan buddhism" does not mean to reject the teachings of all tibetan teachers. In contrast some teachings are manifestations of what the Buddha of the sutta pitaka taught and they have led me to understand the Buddha of the sutta pitaka and recognize Him to be the only perfect Buddha and Bodhisattva.
It is this worldly manifestation of what is called "tibetan buddhism" and its ungrounded tenets that my leaving behind refers to. And it also means not seeking mutual understanding of wisdom aspects through communicative exchange with worldly followers of tibetan buddhism because this is impossible. However dissent sometimes may be revealing and conducive but dissent is rarely tolerated by worldly followers.

Tibetan buddhism has helped me very much. But if I ever get involved with tibetan buddhism again I will be loosing all the help I have received.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Josef » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 am

Your new signature says it all.
You're not moving on from anything. Just trying to change your game a bit. Its already tired.
Josef

Postby Will » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 am

TM: I will be loosing all the help

Before you move on to Dhamma Wheel, please try to remember, and this applies to all who read this:

"Loosing" might mean making something more loose, it does not mean "losing" something that was once not lost.

One of Will's pet peeves.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby ground » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 am

Will wrote:

Before you move on to Dhamma Wheel, please try to remember, and this applies to all who read this:

"Loosing" might mean making something more loose, it does not mean "losing" something that was once not lost.

Oh thank you for hinting at the typo.

Actually what I meant was "losing".

Tibetan buddhism has helped me very much. But if I ever get involved with tibetan buddhism again I will be losing all the help I have received.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:15 am

conebeckham wrote:Needless drama.
I personally tend more towards tragedy than drama! :tongue:
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby plwk » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:19 am

Greggg.... Image
plwk

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:53 am

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: I prefer tragedy to drama, but then again, I am a Greek! :tongue:
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Malcolm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 pm

TMingyur wrote:
Will wrote:

Oh thank you for hinting at the typo.

Actually what I meant was "losing".

Tibetan buddhism has helped me very much. But if I ever get involved with tibetan buddhism again I will be losing all the help I have received.

Kind regards

You should probably drop to the Tibetan nym.

Go with something more Prakrit.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby tamdrin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

While TMyingur,

What to say. Why do you always get involved in the same discussion when you know where it will lead. Tibetan Buddhism, is perfect as it is - in reality. Without trying to make a personal attack towards you I will leave you with this, also for the others who read your posts) from Longchempa's Treasury of Philosophical Instructions. I thought of you when I was reading this last night..

"Those of lesser intelligence, whose vision (in terms of their sublime knowing) is shortsighted, hold to one interpretation. Daunted by detailed presentations of an inconceivable number of spiritual approaches and variety of philosophical systems, they say that such presentations are in-valid. They are like cattle opining, "Since we bovines are endowed with horns, human beings and gods must all have horns."
Given that the methods of these spiritual approaches entail an unlimited variety of terminology and purpose, the alternative ways to traverse a path and attain a specific spiritual level or state of meditative absorption are incalculable. Because the omniscient Buddha spoke from a knowledge of everything, he gave teachings consistent with the attitudes of his listeners, speaking of what would delight and interest them. Thus, he spoke of paths to be traversed and of no path, of paths involving effort and effortless paths, of paths to free one in a single lifetime or to free one within an eon, and so forth. His sacred advice to us was to avoid those who view things incorrectly because they are daunted or intimidated by this vast reservoir of spiritual traditions and instead to study these traditions with a sense of purpose."

Take Care...
tamdrin

Postby ground » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:00 pm

tamdrin wrote:... from Longchempa's Treasury of Philosophical Instructions. I thought of you when I was reading this last night..

"Those of lesser intelligence, whose vision (in terms of their sublime knowing) is shortsighted, hold to one interpretation. Daunted by detailed presentations of an inconceivable number of spiritual approaches and variety of philosophical systems, they say that such presentations are in-valid. They are like cattle opining, "Since we bovines are endowed with horns, human beings and gods must all have horns."
Given that the methods of these spiritual approaches entail an unlimited variety of terminology and purpose, the alternative ways to traverse a path and attain a specific spiritual level or state of meditative absorption are incalculable. ...

Hey that sounds great. Very anti-dogmatic, anti-clinging-to-tenets and pro-variety ...

Kind regards
ground

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:03 pm

TMingyur wrote:Hey that sounds great. Very anti-dogmatic, anti-clinging-to-tenets and pro-variety ...
You gonna practice your signature or you just got it there for window dressing? For someone that is movin' on you sem to be standing REALLY still. Well?......
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby ground » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:
TMingyur wrote:Hey that sounds great. Very anti-dogmatic, anti-clinging-to-tenets and pro-variety ...
You gonna practice your signature or you just got it there for window dressing? For someone that is movin' on you sem to be standing REALLY still. Well?......

This is the personal experience section ...

So ... I respond this way, personally experiencing language: Actually there is no correlate of "movement" in direct experience.

"Movement" is just a saying.

Kind regards
ground

Next

Return to Personal Experience