My friend is dying

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
catmoon
Former staff member

My friend is dying

Post by catmoon »

A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

I took a Medicine Buddha empowerment. Is there anything else I can do besides pujas?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Chaz

Re: My friend is dying

Post by Chaz »

catmoon wrote:A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

I took a Medicine Buddha empowerment. Is there anything else I can do besides pujas?

Medicine Buddha, White Tara, Tonglen.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

catmoon wrote:A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

If you have a connection with FPMT or any large or small monastery, ask the monastics to pray and do a puja for your friend.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Will wrote:

If you have a connection with FPMT or any large or small monastery, ask the monastics to pray and do a puja for your friend.

Ah, Will, what a good idea! I do have some such connections.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Catmoon,

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Here are some more resources for commissioning pujas on her behalf. The first link is connected to the Ven. Dodrupchen's monastery in Sikkim, and the second is connected to the monastery and nunnery of my root lamas, the late Ven. Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche and his brother Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche, in Sarnath. Lastly, there's a link to the animal release practices also conducted by the Sangha of the Ven. Khenpo Rinpoches (Paypal link at the bottom. $25 buys 100 fish). May this be of some benefit.

http://www.mahasiddha.org/prayers/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.padmasambhava.org/prayerreq.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.padmasambhava.org/animallib/anilib.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

What happened with the scan? What did they find?
If you want to you can do the animal release yourself (together with your friend), the links for a couple of practices are here http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 697#p33113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I can send you an electronic version of the Jamgon Kongtrul text if you wish.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

gregkavarnos wrote:What happened with the scan? What did they find?
If you want to you can do the animal release yourself (together with your friend), the links for a couple of practices are here http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 697#p33113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I can send you an electronic version of the Jamgon Kongtrul text if you wish.
:namaste:
Yes a very excellent choice!!! Please this will definitely pro-long life and cure a disease. Try crickets for their lives are in immediate danger of being eaten by other animals.
It’s eye blinking.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Sorry guys, still no word yet. She moved recently and now I only see her if I bump into her downtown...
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Well it seems she's not going to die just yet. The feared brain tumour turned out to be old, benign, and unchanging. But her blood tests are still showing cancer markers and they are still poking around.
tummo

Post by tummo »

The most valuable thing you could do is to explain her the idea behind Phowa and then inspire her to attend a Phowa teaching.
Unless she is a practitioner already, a year from now or 100 years from now the death will happen anyway.
At least she could do Phowa at that moment.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

catmoon wrote:Well it seems she's not going to die just yet. The feared brain tumour turned out to be old, benign, and unchanging. But her blood tests are still showing cancer markers and they are still poking around.
:applause:

Excellent news!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Luke

Post by Luke »

I remember Namdrol once saying that Green Tara practices are beneficial for those who have cancer. Maybe it could be good for tumours, too?
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

So some pujas have been done, some prayers and mantras recited, and my friend seems to be no longer dying. In fact she is looking tanned, fit and is working at a fruit stand. She has has not even mentioned medical difficulties for quite some time.

Isn't that interesting.
deff

Post by deff »

awesome news! :thumbsup:

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”