Legend of Rudra

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
devilyoudont

Legend of Rudra

Post by devilyoudont »

I cannot go fully into this but give certain indications which will enable the competent to work out much of the rest for themselves from the terrible symbolism in which evil for evil's sake is here expressed.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/tantra/sas/sas28.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's Woodroffe talking about? :/
devilyoudont

Re: Legend of Rudra

Post by devilyoudont »

Anyone care to shed light on what Woody here means by "evil for evil's sake"? PM me if that's more convenient.

Huh. I should just read the whole damn book... eventually.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
devilyoudont

Post by devilyoudont »

Thanks.

How do you prepare for a Vajrakila empowerment?
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

I'm not an expert, but having good motivation (generating bodhicitta) is always a good thing and would not hurt one iota :). That way one is doing this activity for all parent sentient beings' benefit and happiness.

Picking up a book like 'The Dark Red Amulet' http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Red-Amulet-I ... 1559393114 for afterward would not be a bad thing imo either.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
devilyoudont

Post by devilyoudont »

Thanks.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”