Reconsiderations on Not-Really-Buddhism

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Reconsiderations on Not-Really-Buddhism

Postby Malcolm » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Rael wrote:i reject all such until there are verified enlightened beings...everyone else is just one or two shades up or below.....

Not even the Buddha was a "verified" enlightened being.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Rael wrote:i'll take me dog and pony show somewhere's else....
Awwwww... please don't go Rael, we'll miss your dog and pony if you go! :tongue:
dog and pony.jpg
dog and pony.jpg (10.94 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Last edited by Sherab Dorje on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Rael » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:i reject all such until there are verified enlightened beings...everyone else is just one or two shades up or below.....

i should have made clear that it would have to be a face to face....

authority is such a bullshit thing to wield by anyone ....
authority never comes off authoritarian in the enlightened ones.....the word should not even be used....

maybe you or someone could give me a word to be used if you get what I'm trying to say in this post....

and this whole level of realization bullshit is just that for me...it doesn't cut it....if it is just that...some level of realization ...rubbish when it comes to compassion...intellectual mountainous ego is rubbish....taints the vessel....

usually someone who knocks me for me grammar....clue one...the person is tainted .....

i don't know how i come off on this medium ...it shocks me sometimes how people miss my compliments....something i don't hand out lightly unless getting laid is involved... :tongue:

now my criteria for enlightenment is such...and i know it when i see it when i spend enough time with someone if they are....

they must have a realization of sunyata mixed with a being who is one who, has made themselves into a vessel of compassion....

a clue to this is if you watch the person ..they always have others in their forefront...anything they do is for others...

even when they scold or ridicule it's with compassion for the sake of others.....

they never push authority for there is no authoritarianism in one who realizes Sunyata and is a person of compassion...

usually these people are born this way in this day and age..you are either born with compassion and come here slumming...or you spend a lifetime trying to acquire and generate compassion....but it is easily lost in the shuffle for those not born with it in this day and age .....
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby Malcolm » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Rael wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Not even then. Countless people met the Buddha and had no idea he was any different than countless other teachers.

usually someone who knocks me for me grammar....clue one...the person is tainted .....

You don't blame yourself for seeing defects in others. Why then should you hold others to a different standard and blame them when they point out to you your own defects, whether of character, deed or even grammar?

now my criteria for enlightenment is such...and i know it when i see it when i spend enough time with someone if they are....

Until you yourself are an awakened person, you will not be able ascertain the awakening of others.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby Rael » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

lol....
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby tomamundsen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 am

Namdrol wrote:
Rael wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Not even then. Countless people met the Buddha and had no idea he was any different than countless other teachers.

So then the golden aura around him, etc., is all just hagiography?
tomamundsen

Previous

Return to Open Dharma