Obama's Left "Humanitarian" War.

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Re: Obama's Left "Humanitarian" War.

Postby Rael » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Heruka wrote:there's no fighting aloud in the war room.

:guns:

but you let them see the Big Bored!!!!!
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby muni » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

justsit wrote:So...what to do? Become a political activist? Cover the world with leather?
Cover your feet with leather and become a buddha?

We can see the news about toward engaged Buddhism. World is becoming so small, we are all interconnected. We can do something or not. No worry of course.
muni

Postby Heruka » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 am

gregkavarnos wrote:Love 'em all, let Amitabha sort 'em out!
:namaste:

lol, na....just out greeking the greeks.

:namaste:
Heruka

Postby Rael » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 pm

well that was weird ...i see what you did...

at first i thought 25 minutes of economics.....but the subliminal teaching riding underneath kicks in at about 17 minutes.....it was worth the tedium i thought i was going to have to go through ....

the absolute high produced by taking the chance on watching with my full attention for 25 minutes was indeed worth it...

awesome stuff heruka....that was majik
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby Heruka » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

AIRLIFT OF EVIL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3340165

NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2001 -The United States took the unprecedented step this week of demanding that foreign airlines provide information on passengers boarding planes for America. Yet in the past week, a half dozen or more Pakistani air force cargo planes landed in the Taliban-held city of Kunduz and evacuated to Pakistan hundreds of non-Afghan soldiers who fought alongside the Taliban and even al-Qaida against the United States. What’s wrong with this picture?

THE PENTAGON, whose satellites and drones are able to detect sleeping guerrillas in subterranean caverns, claims it knows nothing of these flights. When asked about the mysterious airlift at a recent Pentagon briefing, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, denied knowledge of such flights. Myers backpedaled a bit, saying that, given the severe geography of the country, it might be possible to duck in and out of mountain valleys and conduct such an airlift undetected.

But Rumsfeld intervened. With his talent for being blunt and ambiguous at the same time, he said: “I have received absolutely no information that would verify or validate statements about airplanes moving in or out. I doubt them.”

In 2008, more details emerged in Descent into Chaos by Ahmed Rashid:

One senior (U.S.) intelligence analyst told me, "The request was made by Musharraf to Bush, but Cheney took charge—a token of who was handling Musharraf at the time. The approval was not shared with anyone at State, including Colin Powell, until well after the event. Musharraf said Pakistan needed to save its dignity and its valued people. Two planes were involved, which made several sorties a night over several nights. They took off from air bases in Chitral and Gilgit in Pakistan's northern areas, and landed in Kunduz, where the evacuees were waiting on the tarmac. Certainly hundreds and perhaps as many as one thousand people escaped. Hundreds of ISI officers, Taliban commanders, and foot soldiers belonging to the IMU and al Qaeda personnel boarded the planes. What was sold as a minor extraction turned into a major air bridge. The frustrated U.S. SOF who watched it from the surrounding high ground dubbed it "Operation Evil Airlift." Another senior U.S. diplomat told me afterward, "Musharraf fooled us because after we gave approval, the ISI may have run a much bigger operation and got out more people. We just don't know. At the time nobody wanted to hurt Musharraf, and his prestige with the army was at stake. The real question is why Musharraf did not get his men out before. Clearly the ISI was running its own war against the Americans and did not want to leave Afghanistan until the last moment."
Last edited by Heruka on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heruka

Postby Indrajala » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:05 am

Wow, the war lobby got a boost while everything else got slashed.

What's the next country to attach? Syria?
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby muni » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:55 am

Chenrezig.
muni

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:37 am

You want the US (regardless of which administration since they are all the same) to attack Chenrezig??? :tongue:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby muni » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 am

gregkavarnos wrote:You want the US (regardless of which administration since they are all the same) to attack Chenrezig??? :tongue:

not exactly. However as people see so much "outside of them", there is a lot to attack. :tongue:

No split in how all appear (conventional) and is (absolute), so I learned. Then put a light on blind systems, war solutions, attitudes can open eyes how I sit on a silky cushion with holy great head filled with thousand phylosophical and inspiring texts, in no understanding.

The importance of compassion through reasoning? Hey! Keep the rotten potatoes hidden, it is better for our bussiness!

Universal compassion; activity is in view, meditation and action united.

ps: two quotes of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
"We can use millions and millions of dollars for peoples welfare instead of weapons to kill them.
"If the power of Bodhichitta was in minds, the power of weapons should not be".
muni

Postby Heruka » Sun May 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Huseng wrote:Wow, the war lobby got a boost while everything else got slashed.

What's the next country to attach? Syria?

Actually its looking more like Pakistan.

Has a silent world war 3 already started?

Since 2006 theyve been itching for it.

remember US wanted to bomb them back to the stone age?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5369198.stm

US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

The threat was alleged to have come from Richard Armitage
The US threatened to bomb Pakistan "back to the stone age" unless it joined the fight against al-Qaeda, President Pervez Musharraf has said.
General Musharraf said the warning was delivered by former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage to Pakistan's intelligence director.

"I think it was a very rude remark," Gen Musharraf told CBS television.

Pakistan agreed to side with the US, but Gen Musharraf said it did so based on his country's national interest.
Heruka

Previous

Return to News & Current Events