Only visiting

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Dugu

Only visiting

Post by Dugu »

I'm Theravada but I thought I drop by here to say hi to Laura and this sister forum. :hi:
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Only visiting

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Thanks for having a look over the fence!

:tongue:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Dugu

Post by Dugu »

Hey Retro, maybe we should advertise this forum somewhere in the main page of the other Dharmawheel, so Mahayana sisters and brothers can see it easier? To me, it isn't as obvious in the "Announcement" section since some people like myself hardly view that part of the forum. Just a thought.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Dugu wrote:I'm Theravada but I thought I drop by here to say hi to Laura and this sister forum. :hi:
Hi Dugu! Thanks for the visit! :twothumbsup:

What do you think of Dhamma Wheel's sister site? Thanks for your suggestion about making the link to Dharma Wheel Mahayana more noticeable, it's a good one.

Kind wishes,
Laura
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi Dugu,

Thanks for stopping by. I think it's great when there is friendship between people who practice different sects of Buddhism. :group: I think that this is very much in accord with Buddha's teachings.

Luke
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Dugu,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
Luke wrote:Hi Dugu,
Thanks for stopping by. I think it's great when there is friendship between people who practice different sects of Buddhism. :group: I think that this is very much in accord with Buddha's teachings.
Luke
Very true, I am still amazed and happy about the camaraderie between different schools. The minor discord that sometimes happens pales in comparison to the fighting and even wars that have occurred in other religions.

Monastics from all traditions are welcome at each others' temples. Bhikkhu Bodhi is at a Mahayana monastery. Ayya Khema lived at (for a period of time) and ordained at a Mahayana temple. Mahayana clergy have stayed at Theravada temples too.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

:good:
Dugu

Post by Dugu »

LauraJ wrote:
What do you think of Dhamma Wheel's sister site?

Kind wishes,
Laura
I like it but I would probably change the color scheme to pink like a lotus flower to give it a warm and welcoming feeling. :smile:

Return to “Introductions”